Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Equestria Girls

iLegovideo

Equestria Girls  

9 users have voted

1. 1. Rate the film

• Flash Sentry steals your waifu - Hated it!
    • "... needs some peanut butter crackers." - Disliked it
    • "What are hands?" - Meh it was okay.
    • "Those are my girls! Woo-hoo!" - Liked it
    • "We helped Twilight win the crown!" - Loved it!

Now, before you start sending me hatemail... I really tried to like this thing, I really did. But just... The story is kind of disappointing, the new characters are... Eh... I guess it's average, I just am not fond of it, mkay? Just putting my thought here, I have no intentions of starting a flame war or anything, if you're planning to do that, go away and burn for a century or so.

And let's not forget FLASH SENTRY

post-27373-0-05364900-1402119344_thumb.png

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I completely agree with you. It's a VERY forgettable film. :/

I tried rewatching it the other day, and I already noticed a bunch of flaws only 20 minutes in.

Edited by LatinoChurro
  • Brohoof 1

@Dark Lord Sauron, hiya. Just letting you know that I've merged your thread with our pinned topic for sharing opinions on Equestria Girls, since that's what you were doing with your topic. Having everyone's thoughts and reviews in here keeps the section from getting cluttered up with threads that are all discussing the same thing, and all. I'd have liked a whole lot more out of the movie myself, though I don't really dislike it.

@Dark Lord Sauron, hiya. Just letting you know that I've merged your thread with our pinned topic for sharing opinions on Equestria Girls, since that's what you were doing with your topic. Having everyone's thoughts and reviews in here keeps the section from getting cluttered up with threads that are all discussing the same thing, and all. I'd have liked a whole lot more out of the movie myself, though I don't really dislike it.

It's quite alright, thank you for doing this, I'm new and I have no idea what goes where unless explicitly stated.

• Brohoof 1

I thought the movie was fine. Not the best thing, but it was enjoyable in its own right. It was certainly better than some episodes and a few of the comics, but it has some issues for me.

1. The high school setting

2. Awkward moments for me are just..cringeworthy.]

Overall though it was a fun movie. I felt Sunset Shimmer was a great villain and it was rewarding watching the mane 6 come together as friends and ultimately triumph.

• 2 weeks later...

I love the movie everything was confusing before I saw the movie. When I saw the cover for the movie I thought the all of the mane 6 went through the mirror but when the didn't I was surprised. I continued to watch the movie and found out the where the rest of the Mane 6 came in. 

I LOVE the idea of the movie.

I really liked "Equestria Girls" and I can't understand why people hate this.

1. Animation was nice for my eye and first time from the end of 2nd season of MLP:FiM I could feel magic from the show!

2. Characters aren't perfect, but sometimes are cute. And they also aren't cloppable (or I couldn't find any art R34 connected with EqG - THANKS LUNA. But if there are arts like that, keep them away from me). In my opinion, that's perfect.

Only I don't like 2 things there:

1. Too much songs. TOO MUCH.

2. Thanks too much songs, ending is little failed. Sunset Shimmer's suddenly change? One hit and "I'm so sorry"? That was weak. But in MLP:FiM universe that's normal that great histories are finished weakly - for example episode with Chrysalis or Discord in 2nd season should have their third episode.

(edited)

The story is pretty weak and pointless.

1.Sunset Shimmer stole the crown. So what?

She goes to ower world and loses the crown for a contest. Wat?

Why didnt she keep the crown at the first place instead of trying to win it?

2. Twillight competes againt Sunset on a popularity contest

Wat? Twillight isn't even a student. This is bullcrap

3. Twillight's element is enought to give enought power to Sunset to conquer Equestria?

Sunset says she wants to rule over Equestria and that's the reason why she stole the element.

Well. Can you please explain WHY DAFUQ DID YOU returned to owner world, lost the crown just so you can get it again instead of staying on Equestria at first place? Btw. Is Twillight's element enough for such task? Cuzz' there was an episode were she needed to rescue the other ponies from Discord's spell so she could turn him into stone.

Oh. "Principal Celestia, I just found this crown on the floor. I think someone lost it"

"Oh. I know. I'll use it as a reward for the winner of the gala instead of waiting for someone to ask for the crown"

4. No ponies could go with Twillight to the other dimension because...

Some bull crap excuse that noone cares about and it's there just to fill an empty space.

5. "You can only travel on this portal for the next 3 days, then only after 30 moons"

I TOUGH YOU CONTROLLED THE MOON POSITION LUNA. ARE YOU A MORON?!

By the way, didn't anyone else on the school even found the obvious portal that is open 3 times per month? Wow

6. "I couldn't ask for the crown because I would be forced to say that I'm actually a Pony"

You know what? I give up.

There are many other problems in the movie. Starting with the music that is an insult for the series, just like the entire storyline. Good thing we can make a theory in were Pinkie Pie is a psychic since she in her human form knows that Twillight is actually a Pony and in the end she knows the love storyline between Twillight and the other blue haired guy

Edited by HeroiAmarelo
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

U guys see Derpy looking at mail and eating a muffin at the EG Cafeteria Song?

Soo cool right?

Her pony form is a million times better. :fiery:

Edited by Blobulle

Now, before you start sending me hatemail... I really tried to like this thing, I really did. But just... The story is kind of disappointing, the new characters are... Eh... I guess it's average, I just am not fond of it, mkay? Just putting my thought here, I have no intentions of starting a flame war or anything, if you're planning to do that, go away and burn for a century or so.

And let's not forget FLASH SENTRY

Oh JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. How you pop up in the weirdest places.

XD

I didn't get all the way through it- about halfway. From what I saw, I would probably give it a 6.5.

I want more pony movies, but the whole going to the human universe and suddenly having to become the prom queen (or what it was called) seemed very forced and not like the actual show.

Y'know? They say they made it strictly to compete with the likes of other human dolls brands, and it feels exactly like they forced the show to fit that mold.

The reason it doesn't get a 3 or 4 is because it's still pretty fun, what with Twilight losing it when becoming human, or Pinkie Pie doing Pinkie Pie things.

I am looking forward a bit more to the sequel, because I thought the shorts were well done and more after the heart of the show.

Of course, I didn't see the whole thing. Other people probably have a more grounded opinion.

It was alright. It's not the pinnicle of FIM, but I don't think it's an abomination like some believe

I thought it was mediocre. Some parts of it were kind of fun to watch, and there were some decent references and songs. I didn't like the fact that they were all humans instead of ponies, and I really didn't like the generic high school setting. The story was also not very good, and didn't really make a lot of sense most of the time.

I would probably give it a 5

You should really watch it yourself and form your own opinion.

As for me, I found it to be a 4/10. It wasn't terrible,  it wasn't more than a mediocre cliche filled 1980s highschool movie with some minor magic and characters way to good and developed torn from a decent show and thrown into one of the most by the books highschools ever. They had every highschool cliche invented since Grease, and did not do anything entertaining with them. It had good animation, and 1 catchy song and a pretty good remix of the main theme. But other than that it was just "My little pony: Grese's cliche declassified highschool survival guide".

I'd give it like a five. It wasn't terrible, but there want really anything good about it either. (Exception: I liked that cafeteria song)

Well, it wasn't terrible by any means, but it definitely wasn't at the heights of the TV show proper or even the height of the IDW comics. As it stands, I find Equestria Girls to be above average.

I'd rate it...6.5 or 7 out of 10.

Things I liked: animation, songs, musical score, a competent villain in Sunset Shimmer, a good beginning

Things I didn't care for: high school setting, multi-colored humans, the introduction of some of the Mane 6 felt rushed, snips & snails