Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming So how do you feel about fairy type Pokemon?

Le Kvlt Dawn

I don't know about you guys, but I have mixed feelings for the new fairy type. I'm happy that there's a new type, but I'm also kind of annoyed that they're super effective against dragons since I like to use dragons a lot. I like using Dragonite, Flygon, Salamence, Garchomp, etc.. There's also the possibility that they're super effective against dark types, which would make things even worse for me since I like using Tyrannitar. So what are your views on fairy types? Love 'em? Hate 'em?

tumblr_mojmjkNvdG1r8sc3ro1_400.jpg

• Brohoof 5

I'm not sure if I'm the biggest fan of the idea, but I might need to at least try out the game to form more of an opinion. I have heard that Gardevoir is being changed into a fairy type, and I don't really like that. I'd prefer it if it stayed a psychic type personally.

• Brohoof 1

I'm pretty indifferent with them either way. All I hate to say about these "fairy" types WOULD BEEEE.....Dat cuteness...some of them are just absolutely adorable.

• Brohoof 2

yeah no matter what dragons will always be cooler than fairies, psychic will always be cooler than fighting, and fire will always be cooler than water. personally my favorite types are electric and ghost because everyone knows Gengar, Bannete and dusknoir rule. 

and no one beats Zappados, manectric and raichu.

(edited)

I'm not sure if I'm the biggest fan of the idea, but I might need to at least try out the game to form more of an opinion. I have heard that Gardevoir is being changed into a fairy type, and I don't really like that. I'd prefer it if it stayed a psychic type personally.

I guess it would make Gardevoir a BIT overpowered. But on the bright side, there's a new eveielution that I'm hoping to get. 

yeah no matter what dragons will always be cooler than fairies, psychic will always be cooler than fighting, and fire will always be cooler than water. personally my favorite types are electric and ghost because everyone knows Gengar, Bannete and dusknoir rule. 

and no one beats Zappados, manectric and raichu.

My favorites are dragon, dark and flying. 

Edited by AtDawnTheySquee

(edited)

Personally, I'm all for the new Fairy type. The metagame has been imbalanced for some time. The Fairy type gives Dragon types a MUCH NEEDED weakness. According to rumors, it gives Poison types and Steel types a bit more offensive use, which is handy because both typings had little offensive coverage. Fairies will also be useful against Dark types and Fighting types, whereas Fire and Psychic resist Fairy.

All in all, I think it sounds like it's going to balance the game out a lot better. So, I say bring on the Fairies! I'm ready to kick some Dragon tail!

Edited by Sugar Cube
  • Brohoof 2

I'm a big fan of dark types, and I'm still kind of a fan of this fairy type thing. Dark Pokemon never really had a weakness, so if I had Umbreon I was set haha, but this new type sounds like it will do more damage to dark Pokemon, and I'm always a fan of a challenge haha

The Fairy type gives Dragon types a MUCH NEEDED weakness.

As a fan and user of dragons, I disagree with you in a very biased way.

. Fairies will also be useful against Dark types

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *instert Spike reference here lol*

So, I say bring on the Fairies! I'm ready to kick some Dragon tail!

I'm a fan of the pseudo-legendaries, so that's why it's kinda bugging me. 

Honestly, I much rather hope it's powerful against Fighting. Fighting is too much nowadays, 2x effectiveness against five different types whereas only two other types deal 2x to it.

Most of the time in competitive play, I use Bronzong/Clamperl sweep combo, so I hope it doesn't counter that easily either. :)

I love it! Finally, a new type, after years of playing with the same 17 is a very good thing in my opinion. I hope it balances out well with the existing types as well, and being good against Dragon is a good start along with rumors of it being weak to Poison, that really helps balance a lot already.

I don't know about you guys, but I have mixed feelings for the new fairy type. I'm happy that there's a new type, but I'm also kind of annoyed that they're super effective against dragons since I like to use dragons a lot. I like using Dragonite, Flygon, Salamence, Garchomp, etc.. There's also the possibility that they're super effective against dark types, which would make things even worse for me since I like using Tyrannitar. So what are your views on fairy types? Love 'em? Hate 'em? img-1584423-1-tumblr_mojmjkNvdG1r8sc3ro1

Well, I like using those Pokemon too, but you can always just switch them out to something that resists Fairy and you should be good to go, it's not rocket science. ;)
  • Brohoof 1

I'm happy that the Fairy type is making some weaker pokemon potentially better, but I don't like how they have an advantage against dragons. I mean, Jigglypuff has one up over Salamance? Come on nintendo >.<

Well, I like using those Pokemon too, but you can always just switch them out to something that resists Fairy and you should be good to go, it's not rocket science.

Nonsense, I shall just kill all the fairies with my massive 150 Base stat attack LOL. If only I had something to counter them, maybe Gengar. Too bad you can only get Gengar by trading -.-

I'm actually glad they did this. With the confirmed strength against Dragon, it oughta help balance them out. And if the rumors I've heard of it being weak to Poison and Steel are correct, it'll make those types more offensively viable.

I see this as moving more toward the ideal scenario where there isn't a clear-cut "best type" Buffing Poison and nerfing Dragon? Sounds like a win-win to me.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

As a fan and user of dragons, I disagree with you in a very biased way.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *instert Spike reference here lol*

I'm a fan of the pseudo-legendaries, so that's why it's kinda bugging me. 

You're welcome to disagree with me. I happen to think it was silly to make Dragon type so overpowered in the first place. There shouldn't be a "best" type. All the types need to have their fair share of strengths and weaknesses, and with the new Fairy type, we have that.

Edited by Sugar Cube

You're welcome to disagree with me. I happen to think it was silly to make Dragon type so overpowered in the first place. There shouldn't be a "best" type. All the types need to have their fair share of strengths and weaknesses, and with the new Fairy type, we have that.

But what about Steel types? Those buckers are resistant against a boatload of things. Why not punish them? They're immune to poison too. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

But what about Steel types? Those buckers are resistant against a boatload of things. Why not punish them? They're immune to poison too. 

Steel type has a lot of defenses, but offensively it's not that great of a type. It's possible that it'll become a bit overpowered, but the developers have intentionally kept Dragons strong up to this point whereas Steel has some key weaknesses and poor offensive coverage.

I dunno, that's my take on it. I definitely think Steel is a pesky type too.

Edited by Sugar Cube

(edited)

Steel type has a lot of defenses, but offensively it's not that great of a type. It's possible that it'll become a bit overpowered, but the developers have intentionally kept Dragons strong up to this point whereas Steel has some key weaknesses and poor offensive coverage.

I tell you what about them dang ol  steel types and their high defense. Dang ol immune to poison pesky stuff dang ol man. You attack them steelies with one of them dang fire types but dang ol man they end up usin' earthquake and the screen goes SWISH SWISH SWISH dang ol one hit KOs dang ol man.

That's Boomhauer for, steel types are kinda annoying and they counter fire types by using ground type attacks.

Edited by AtDawnTheySquee
  • Brohoof 1

This, but also probably because Fire Type Pokemon are MUCH easier to find than an Ice type or Dragon type. Just my opinion, but I'd have to say it is easier fighting a Steel type than a Dragon Type, like for me, Jasmine was easy, Clair beat me at least twice, haha.

But yeah, I think it's a silly idea, but Dragons are WAY too powerful! I wonder how it will work with some other Pokemon though, like Marill is Water/Fairy, but Azumarill is Water/Ice, so will it keep its existing typing, or will it change to be Water/Fairy too? Not that it's a big problem, since they're both super effective anyway, but still!

• Brohoof 1

I think its a cool thing that they're making a new type, and i'm interested to see how it works into the balance of things. I really don't think I can form a totally great opinion since honestly we don't know a lot and we haven't played the game to see how it works in the game.

I personally don't really use a whole lot of dragon types, so yeah. I sorta don't know how I feel about gardivour being a fairy part, but again I'm gonna wait to see how it works out.

It does feel nice and even to have 18 types aswell. :P.

It will be nice to have a new type. Fairy seems like a pretty cool class to have and makes sense as we have dragons and ghosts, so fairies would fit. I'll have to try out the new game myself to see how it is though. Though, I don't really want some of the psychic types to become fairy types as well.

I don't see why people made a huge fuss about it. I, a shadow of the Hero of Time, possibly the awesomest villain out there likes the new Fairy Type. Why simple mortals can't like it, I have no clue. The type seems all around awesome, I mean, I've always wanted my cuties to beat up dragons. (By cuties I mean Jigglypuff, Shaymin, etc.)

Be grateful the Fairy Type isn't based off of Navi. Imagine?

"Jigglypuff, use 'HEY, LOOK, LISTEN'!"

"HEY, LOOK, LISTEN!"

Foe Dragonite fainted!

I don't really mind the fairy type Pokemon at all, besides there were times were we had some goofy type of Pokemon. So, we can accept it since it isn't bad at all yet.