Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming The Official League of Legends Thread

Vicke

The first time I tried play League was with someguy in my school who didn't really like me that much :/

The game went for a solid hour of him shouting at me to get out of his lane and a bunch of stuff like that. I ended doing some really stupid things like going all the way up to the other end of the map to try and destroy the last objective without destroying the ones prior to it. About 30 minutes into the game I realised I could buy stuff at the start with the money that I earnt in the game.

We ended up winning somehow...you can kind of imagine what everyone was talking about at school the next day.

Edited by Rawzy
  • Brohoof 1

Welp, I just lost  a series because two people wouldn't stop bickering back and forth over who got mid. >.>

The really sad part about the whole thing? Everyone in chat told Malph that he didn't get it way before the game started, yet, he went mid anyway for some reason and let a Nasus free farm for about 10 or so minutes. >.>

See, this is the kind of shit that needs to get banned when done. A few mean words ain't nothing, but this shit isn't even remotely funny. Throwing away someone's work and effort like that is just disgusting no matter what it's in.

League players are a few cortices short of a functioning brain, they've literally been given the most basic and simple tool to use against toxicity and they don't even touch it half the time. The deal with toxicity is, whether or not you view it as the same thing as bm and sass, they're both the same shit at the core, empty words from a stranger behind a screen. If you don't like what you read, you can use the mute button or acknowledge that this is some random angry stranger and look down on him with some degree of pity. League players don't do this, league players are easily-offended drama seekers. What a league player will do is, they'll totally ignore the mute option in favor of being a dick back. Truthfully, I think 

As much as you might believe that you can just ignore all the hate and stupidity on LoL, you can't. Normal people don't shrug off that much spiteful behavior. If you can have 4 other people tell you how much of a putrid scumfuck bastard you are, and not feel a thing, then you may need to see a psychologist.

Also, they might just be random people on the other side of the monitor, but they're still people. It's wrong for them to be toxic, it's something that I don't want to put up with, and it's something that if you just ignore, it'll get worse. People have been ignoring toxic behavior since the release of the game, and now its coming back to haunt them.

Edited by Dark Rider

As much as you might believe that you can just ignore all the hate and stupidity on LoL, you can't. Normal people don't shrug off that much spiteful behavior. If you can have 4 other people tell you how much of a putrid scumfuck bastard you are, and not feel a thing, then you may need to see a psychologist.

Also, they might just be random people on the other side of the monitor, but they're still people. It's wrong for them to be toxic, it's something that I don't want to put up with, and it's something that if you just ignore, it'll get worse. People have been ignoring toxic behavior since the release of the game, and now its coming back to haunt them.

It's honestly not that hard to be unaffected by toxicity, as long as you have a good perspective. If someone is strongly affected by toxicity, however, then they should simply mute the offending players. If the majority of LoL players just muted any flamers then toxicity would hardly be something to worry about. The problem is that so many people just let the toxic players get to them, and quite often people decide to reply to the toxicity. This gives the toxic players the attention that they seek, and usually results in more toxicity from all sides.

It's honestly not that hard to be unaffected by toxicity, as long as you have a good perspective. If someone is strongly affected by toxicity, however, then they should simply mute the offending players. If the majority of LoL players just muted any flamers then toxicity would hardly be something to worry about. The problem is that so many people just let the toxic players get to them, and quite often people decide to reply to the toxicity. This gives the toxic players the attention that they seek, and usually results in more toxicity from all sides.

You're completely right. Simply muting players resolves the problem, but that doesn't justify being toxic. Like I said before, Ignoring it will just make it worse.

Like Drasamo said, it's a matter of perspective. My perspective is that whatever someone says behind a throwaway identity to someone they don't even know isn't worth taking with more than a grain of salt. And toxic behavior can't exactly come back to haunt you if you choose to continue to ignore it, the mute button is a powerful tool.

Edited by Kitty~
  • Brohoof 1

Like Drasamo said, it's a matter of perspective. My perspective is that whatever someone says behind a throwaway identity to someone they don't even know isn't worth taking with more than a grain of salt. And toxic behavior can't exactly come back to haunt you if you choose to continue to ignore it, the mute button is a powerful tool.

So I guess if someone fed a lane, it wouldn't get to you either? Or if someone went afk?

So I guess if someone fed a lane, it wouldn't get to you either? Or if someone went afk?

I learned a long time ago to report and move on with my life. You win some you lose some but in the end that one single game won't matter. I play my game and report those that are out to cause a bad experience.

I get a little salty every now and then but there's no point in tilting over something that's out of my control

Well that's my point. If there is something in the game that affects you and your team negatively, it should be considered a problem. Having a toxic teammate can only affect you negatively or, at best, neutrally.

I tend not to flame people, even if they are insulting me all the time... I do argue with them when they tell me how to play the game or educate me on how I have to play a champ I have over 500 games with while its clear that they have not the slightest idea of what they are talking about. I tend to tilt sometimes because I simply stopped caring about my elo and about winning, thus I have a fun time when people annoy me :P

Well that's my point. If there is something in the game that affects you and your team negatively, it should be considered a problem. Having a toxic teammate can only affect you negatively or, at best, neutrally.

Just because something affects me negatively doesn't make it a problem.

I just decided to check out this thread since I recently decided to pick LoL back up and the first thing I read is you guys discussing about toxic behavior  :wacko:

I guess things haven't changed since I left the game  >_>

Anyway if some Europone wants a new name in their friendlist, I'm TmDevice on EUW (I don't have an account on any other server)

Negative actions are still in this game.. :-/

Figured.

What bothers me is that there's a lot of toxicity in pretty much every popular game by now (CSGO, Dota, lol...)

I got used to it by now but it's still annoying :v

• Brohoof 1