Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Custom Rainbow Dash & AppleJack Plushie Review

sunset_sprint

(edited)

I had a friend on deviantart make me a Rainbow Dash plushie and.....wow. She turned out amazing. The craftsmanship is top notch and the attention to detail is just as amazing. Everything is show accurate and is very huggable (something I actually haven't done yet). Here are some pics. I'm not sure if he is currently taking any commissions at the moment as he is full at the moment but you can always check. Here is the link to his page http://adamlhumphreys.deviantart.com/

post-17805-0-50641900-1374797956_thumb.jpg

post-17805-0-46334300-1374797967_thumb.jpg

post-17805-0-94111200-1374798077_thumb.jpg

Edited by sunset_sprint
  • Brohoof 19

(edited)

Is her cutie mark on both of her flanks? other than that, it looks well made and Im surprised you haven't hugged her yet!? how could you not hug Dashie!?! I am going to Bronycon too! I hope i can hug her (even though i am bringing my Dashie and Pinkie from Build a Bear)

Edited by Princess Snowwie
  • Brohoof 1

I let my fiance hug her but I haven't yet. Yes she has both her cutie marks, I can't remember what he uses to make the cutie marks but they are one of my favorite features on her next to her eyes and mane/tail.

I let my fiance hug her but I haven't yet. Yes she has both her cutie marks, I can't remember what he uses to make the cutie marks but they are one of my favorite features on her next to her eyes and mane/tail.

As soon as i see the plushie i will kindly ask to hug her, and when you say yesh i will ask her if she is my very best friend and of course she will say YUSH!!! and then ill faint xD I am seriously excited about Bronycon! (being my first!)

• Brohoof 1

As soon as i see the plushie i will kindly ask to hug her, and when you say yesh i will ask her if she is my very best friend and of course she will say YUSH!!! and then ill faint xD I am seriously excited about Bronycon! (being my first!)

Its mine too, I'm so excited. I can't wait to see all the people and hear all the music and witness all the pony related shenanigans. By all means just ask and I'm sure RD will gladly give you a hug.

Wow, she looks awesome! Your friend is very talented, its very well done, got all the details very well done, it looks so accurate!

So lucky. :P. Haha.

Must've taken some time.

Wow, she looks awesome! Your friend is very talented, its very well done, got all the details very well done, it looks so accurate!

So lucky. :P. Haha.

Must've taken some time.

I think it took Adam three weeks, and I'll tell you it was worth the wait. I'd eventually like to get all of the mane 6 but I'll have to save up for that. Handmade plushies can break the bank, lol. Did mention it was worth it?

• Brohoof 2

Its mine too, I'm so excited. I can't wait to see all the people and hear all the music and witness all the pony related shenanigans. By all means just ask and I'm sure RD will gladly give you a hug.

yeah me too! i have been living in a brony bubble thinking im the only one who watches My Little Poni on a daily basis xD but i cant wait to hug Dashie and you will be able to meet my Dashie and Pinkieh! (its hard waiting 3 days!!!)

• Brohoof 1

yeah me too! i have been living in a brony bubble thinking im the only one who watches My Little Poni on a daily basis xD but i cant wait to hug Dashie and you will be able to meet my Dashie and Pinkieh! (its hard waiting 3 days!!!)

Should be fun!!! I'm really excited about the VA panels as I've only every watched them on livestream or youtube. It will be nice to actually meet the VAs in person.

Should be fun!!! I'm really excited about the VA panels as I've only every watched them on livestream or youtube. It will be nice to actually meet the VAs in person.

Ikr!?!? i need to also be somewhat wise with my molah! im coming in there with about 130 ish dollar and if my bf is nice he may get me some things xD but anyway I cant wait to get the VA autographs and put them in my elements of Harmony book that i just got for that purpose!

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Yeah since I'm moving to Pittsuburgh soon I need to watch my money consumption at the convention. I don't want my fiance to be made at me for spending too much. Btw I'm talking to my plushie maker, Adam, and am planning on ordering the rest of the mane 6 over the course of next year.

Edited by sunset_sprint

Okay the cutiemark is perf I am so jell of you right now!! Excuse my white girl slang but seriously he has made it look just like her he could seriously get like an actual business like a shop!! How much did it cost?

Okay the cutiemark is perf I am so jell of you right now!! Excuse my white girl slang but seriously he has made it look just like her he could seriously get like an actual business like a shop!! How much did it cost?

After shipping she came out to be just under $500, the she is worth every penny. As Rainbow Dash is my favorite I wanted her first, I'm going to see if I can get Applejack next.

• 2 weeks later...

I took her to BronyCon and got a lot of positive and envious feedback, hopefully I did Adam proud and is able to get him some more business. I'm gettting Applejack made for my fiance to sway her into the Brony fandom.

You lucky luck luck luckerpants!

It's so ADORABLE!!

i just want to hug it!

I would ask for one,but i am flat out broke!

nooooooooooo__span.jpg

OT:It's very show accurate and finely designed!!

chuck-norris-approves.gif

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Adam is pretty flexible in payment options, you actually don't necessarily have to pay until he is finished with it, so you could order it and save while he is making it.

Edited by sunset_sprint
  • Brohoof 1

• 3 months later...

They look very well made, and the internal *guts* must be very well packed for them to stand upright. Man I wish I could embroider...and sew stuffed animals....I am good at patching, but not making animals... :(  now you just have to get the other 4 and you'll have the whole gang :D

They are SOOOOOOOO cute!!!

• Brohoof 2

• 6 months later...

They are so soft and cuddly. I'm hoping for either Fluttershy or Rarity next, but its up to Adam (the artist). I've "ordered the Mane six but he has other projects and gets around to it as he makes them.

Wow, those are beautiful plushies, love them, and love both of those characters, also, I was wondering if you've ever ordered from http://www.123cosplay.com/

I've been looking on there and they have some great prices, good plushies and really great stuff but I just don't know for sure whether or not they're legit or not.....