Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

pinkie pies iq? round two

jaime_lion

So lets try this again. What is pinkie pies iq? I think it is around 200 she just cant show it very well. You know the saying there is a fine line between genius and insanity, well pinkie pie is insane but in a good way.

• Brohoof 1

If Pinkie Pie were insane, she would be unable to be a manifestation of her element of Harmony.

Her nature and magical abilities do imply a chaotic sort of magic similar to that which Discord wields. However, Discord used to wield his reality altering magic for negative purposes - Pinkie Pie does not. That is why she is able to be a manifestation of her element of Harmony.

Yet, does not the nature of chaos itself imply complete and utter incompatibility with the nature of harmony? If that is the case, then it seems counterintuitive that Pinkie Pie could represent an Element of Harmony, despite the fact that she used her chaotic magic for good. 

However, I am of the opinion that chaos is a label for patterns that are sufficiently complex enough to surpass our present realization of the capabilities of our human minds. Therefore, while Pinkie Pie's magic appears chaotic, it could actually just be sufficiently complex that most are unable to grasp its order and pattern. As such, her magic would most certainly be a part of harmony.

All these facts in mind, I would say that Pinkie Pie is a genius. Moreover, she is wise. While she may not appear intelligent or wise on the surface - the act of being able to approach even the most frightening situations in life with laughter and a light heart are strongly indicative of true inner wisdom.

As for what her IQ would be, I have no idea. I am not convinced that an IQ test is comprehensive enough to measure something as vast and complex as intelligence.

Of all the characters in MLP:FIM I have to admit Pinikie Pie its the one i think the least off. As a FIC writer and as a Roll Player I just cant understand, picture,adapt or write like her, for me its a real challenge so given that and the fact that im on 121 i have to accept that the little cotton candy maned mare has to be at least at 140, she is just too advance to comprehend.

Its either that or 1/0 you decide.

Along the last episodes, her jokes as well as her IQ. have been decreasing drastically, not only in quantity but also in quality.

As in Wonderbolt academy, opening and closing that mailbox hundred of times, just for nothing, but not only wasn't fun at all, it also made her look dumb as tartarus hell's gate, when she clearly isn't.
Or the way she thought that Rainbow dash would forget her friendship with everypony.

That is not the Pinkie Pie I knew. Funny, extra Pinkie, but quite effective and smart in her own way. And seems like she learned nothing from "Party of One" She was supposed to expect the best from her friends.

The same thing happened with Spike, in a higher degree, on "Spike at your service"

The writers made the "number one assistant", a complete fool who lacks of almost every skill he used to have. While his bigger fear was to be abandoned by Twilight, he left her side with nothing but a single tear. By the way, he was perfectly fine in the next scene.

And everything just for the sake of an episode like THAT! Which, to be fair, was already quite bad, not only by its plot, but also by the way they screwed up Spike's development as a character.
Please, stop turning the characters into dumbs, just to make them fit on a pre-made episode idea. Remember, there are many adults that also watch MLP, expecting not only quality, but also continuity in the plot, for Celestia' sake!

Apologies for my english, it isn't my first language.

Oh snap- I just made this exact thread/comment/whatever in another post!

I for one have always wanted Pinkie to be kind of an idiot savant... retaining her cheerful, chaotic cartoony self yet delivering highly profound/philosophical/plot-moving information ever so often to the others' surprise. Also, comedy is the sign of intelligence in young children... just sayin'.

I don't know maybe 130 or 140 she's pretty smart when you think about it. I mean her hunches in Equestria Girls aren't exactly implying she's a genius or psychic it's just her. But she does so many random awesome things and can still understand a situation. 

(edited)

If one were to look at Andy Kaufman, a man who while on stage or in the public's eye, seemed to be a complete clown, a lunatic who did things for his own amusement; people would just consider him a wierd-o troll.

To look at the mind inside the skull, one would see just how intelligent Andy Kaufman was. How he planned everything he did down to the last detail so that he was sure to get a reaction from his audience; how he was able to constantly fool people over and over without ever getting caught or how he could memorize scripts in one passing or had a photographic memeory...he may have not been book smart, the man was a genuis in human psychology.

That being said; I believe those who are putitng a number to Pinkie are not looking at her properly. She is not book smart. Nor is she street-wise; however she does have an intelligence when it comes to psychology and how others think. It is because of this she is able to give so much happiness to others because she can anticipate others' needs and wants in order to make them happy.

She is very bright but in areas she excells in the most.

Edited by DiscordAnarchy