Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Questions regarding usernames

CT-1138
Go to solution Solved by Shift,

Apologies if I am asking in the wrong thread, but it seemed relevant. What are those usertitles that I see between some member's usernames. Sometimes they say the badge label, sometimes they seemed customized. Are they customized? And if so, how? Or is this a feature not yet fully available to me yet? 

Apologies if I am asking in the wrong thread, but it seemed relevant. What are those usertitles that I see between some member's usernames. Sometimes they say the badge label, sometimes they seemed customized. Are they customized? And if so, how? Or is this a feature not yet fully available to me yet?

You can change those whenever you donate to the forums which would put you at Donator status. Every so often on very special occasions the staff sometimes also allows normal members to do so (Only done twice so far), but its generally only a donator perk.
  • Brohoof 2

I split your topic into its' own Site Question topic, as it's going to get more responses here, than as a reply to an announcement thread :3

Well, usually, when you are registering on MLP Forums, it lets you have a "Member Title." I'm not really sure if you are able to change it, but you can see my member title; I did it when I registered.

If I am correct, you are talking about titles?

If so, for normal members, it is usually just their badge/rank name/level. However, if you donate to the site (either to Feld0 at BronyCon for the BronyCon Supporters group or to the site in general) then you are moved to a "Donor" group. This group has the ability to change their member title to whatever they see fit. This title is also kept were/when your time as donor (unless you have set up a subscription) were to run out.

You have to subscribe or donate to be able to change your member title, in addition to receiving several other perks. Sometimes everyone is allowed to change them as part of an event. 

Those who are not designated as having an active subscription either changed their member title in the past when they did, or in the past during a special event. 

Otherwise, your member title is just what your rank is.

For most users, they just reflect your badge, but donors are able to change it.

You may see a lot of people who aren't donors with customized user titles around here. There are two possible causes: First, their donor status might have worn off. (You keep your customizations, but are unable to change them anymore). Second, during a semi-recent celebration, all members were giving donor privileges (larger avatar/signature, custom user titles).

In summary, at this point in time you have to donate to change it. :)

I'll just quote something from another thread.

Usertitles are only available to donors, sorry.

The only reason normal members (Such as I!) have it above their avatars is because special events happen where you can actually change it.

For example:

- On MLP Forums anniversary in October (Or something) last year, everyone was given donor perks, so you could change your usertitle.

- Due to the 'Making Christmas Merrier' donation pool, one of the prizes was everybody getting donor perks, so normal members could, again, change their usertitle.

Hope this clears up confusion! If you want to change your usertitle, look towards donating or waiting for a special event.

Thank you to all those who answered. Great to see everyone pitching in to help others. With that said, I'm gonna go ahead and lock this thread up now.

Have a nice day .

• Brohoof 1