Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What did you think of Bronies before you started watching the show?

RollingPony

I actually had no real opinions of bronies mainly because I really did not know that bronies existed until I started watching the show, or until my interest got the best of me. I heard that the show had a lot of fans, but I wasn't fully aware of bronies. Once I watched it and was hooked, I quickly went online and found out about it all, then I immediately declared myself a Brony as well. That was a fantastic moment. :)

• Brohoof 1

When I first ran into "Bronyism" back in early 2011, I had a hard time believing it was real. I was convinced that it was nothing more than a meme. Just because that's the way they acted back then. Regardless I was still sucked into watching the show. lol

For me it was really niter positive or negative, just curiosity. I just thought that the creators of the show had to be doing something right to attract the type of audience they did. So, it was mostly out of interest. Thought the first time I heard the into song I thought it was gwod offal and I still do. Its the only part of the show that I conceder to be "girly" and I'll still skip it from time to time. 

I saw them in a rather negative way. If you were to have asked me back then, I'd have been like "Sort your life out you quacked up fool." But then the pressure grew on me to give the show a chance, and it was all plain sailing from there on.

From my experience with them online and in real life I thought that they were all creepy, socially awkward guys. And I thought a lot of them only watched it to be different, to be cool because its sort of taboo to be a brony. I didn't understand how anyone could like the show and I didn't expect to like it when I started watching it. But its so cute. ^___^ 

i know that i am a stereotype about this, er was...idk. anyway, i originaly saw the idea of guys liking my little pony as gay and weird and uber girly etc. i wasnt really a hater, i just didnt see why any guy in the right mind would like it. eventually i was bribed into watching an episode. i chose the pilot. saw a cliff hanger. continued. watched the next ep. and then another. kept going until dragonshy.

I didn't know about them at all. I just heard my friend's ringtone (Discord, TLT remix) and searched it on Youtube. I started to listen to a bunch of their music, and, intrigued by the love they had for the show, I decided to watch it. I'm not one of those people who goes, "Oh, those people are weirdos cause they watch a kid's TV show!" I was just like, "Oh, cool, these guys watch this TV show and make epic music about it. I better check it out so I understand what the songs are about." So, yeah, I'm really happy I heard my friend's ringtone. ^_^

I am not going to lie i had somewhat of a harsh view on bronies. I thought 2 million young adults at the age they would normally fight for their country in a time of war are now watching ponies discover the magical power of friendship. i was just really surprised how many people watch MLP. But i love MLP and its fan base so we good. :)

I didnt know the term "bronies". All I knew is that there was a TV show about ponies and Hot Topic was selling their stuff. I didnt have an opinion on bronies because I didnt know enough about it. I remember seeing a guy with a pony shirt and wondering what was so interesting to a guy, about ponies. I guess I was just curious. When I started watching kind of as a random thing, I got instantly hooked and later went on the internet to find out their were lots of guys (and girls) who werent young children and also liked my little pony and were called bronies.

Well, that's a funny story: Before I watched the show, I first got myself some information on wikipedia what MLP is anyway. And I always skipped the Brony-Chapters because I thought "What the hell do Brownies have to do with that show?" It resulted in me finding out about that word on myself... So, yeah, funny story...

Honestly I had never heard of bronies before I started watching the show. But I do know that it wouldn't have made any difference to me. I am glad that there are people in the world who like what they like and don't care what other people think. It seems to be so rare in the world, that I am always happy when people step forward proud of who they are and what they like. That's how I've always been and its disheartening to see people who won't or can't be that way.

Pretty simple and easy going, I actually thought how cool it was, and wanted to see for myself why so many people liked this show so much, and I wasn't disappointed. I found the series actually very indulging and funny... :D

Also, I accepted every aspect of the fandom, even clopping, which i don't find strange at all for some reason, heck, i've already seen all kinds of things and something like this doesn't faze me... Of course any fandom has its unreasonable folks, perverts or other, but that's how it is and if you don't like it, ignore it.

Edited by TwilieSparklz
  • Brohoof 1

To be fair, i tought bronies were 25 year old fat pedofile girlfriendless guys, i tought that just becouse it is a show ment for 6 year old girl. 

Luckly one of my friends told me to give it a chance and just try 1 episode and then i watched 1 episode but i got hooked and it got around 15 episodes in 1 night

And now i actually shame myself for thinking that about bronies in the beginning. xd

When I first heard about bronies, it was from my brother, who was the average douchebag hater on bronies. He told me about how 40+ year old men watch it and clop. The way he described it painted a rather harsh image into my mind, and that mindset stuck with me. After seeing a bunch of pony videos on YouTube, and watching dubs of Ask Pony blogs on Tumblr, I eventually went to watch it. Using the completely awesome powers of the internet, I watched the first 45 episodes in one night, then the rest the next. By that time, I was a complete brony. It had me hooked in, and after watching all episodes, I wanted more. Of course, I once again used the epicly amazing powers of the internet to see a stream of Equestria Girls (It was 320p, bummer). I watched the whole thing the night after watching the last episodes.

Even though I might be a relatively-new brony, I'm glad I gave it a chance, rather than sticking to a bias opinion of someone who I doubt has ever seen the show. My brother has lightened his opinion on bronies after I told him that I was one. I'll be glad to defend the title. Then I found the MLPForums, the best place for a newcomer like to join the community.

I think you guys know the rest.

• Brohoof 2

I don't think I actually heard the term brony until I started getting interested in the show myself. I may have thought it was a little strange, but to each his own. Why make fun or bully someone who likes a TV show? In the long run, it doesn't really matter.

• 5 months later...

I had no idea what a brony was at first, but by the time I found out what it was I was already addicted to the show ^^ so I saw nothing wrong with it. I try hard not to judge people, but I think everybody does to some degree.