Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What did you think of Bronies before you started watching the show?

RollingPony

Personally?I didn't knew what a brony was until a few days before becaming one :P

But i heard about them before,but i didn't knew what Brony was ^_^

worst thing sense treckies lol.

worse.

and now look at me.  look what you've done to me.

i use to be made of 100 percent boiling hatred.

now i'm only around 70-80 percent tops on a bad day.  Boooo.

• Brohoof 1

I actually had no opinion on them what so ever.

Nothing negative or positive.

I just knew they existed.

And I wanted to be a part of it.

I had no opinion, for I didn't even know who bronies were in the first place, it was only after watch some reviews on YouTube, and a article about military fans of My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic, did I become aware of the fandom, gradually over time I became intrinsically drawn to the herd, and the rest is history.

I didn't know what a brony was until about a month before I became one.

Th i didn't even know what mlp was about other than there's a rainbow pony and a purple dragon thingy, oh and there was a crossed eyed pony that looked bodacious.

Edited by Brechard

Well, keep in mind that I was close friends with a guy, and this guy one day started using pony avatars.

At first, I dismissed this as a sense of irony, since he was the kind of jokester who would do that. But he showed further respect for the show, and I began to notice around the internet that MLP seemed to be rather prevalent.

I didn't care too much about the show at the time, but I knew that I LOVED the YTPMVs and fanworks that came out of it. Turnabout Storm was the icing on the cake. Once I got into that, there was no escape for me. And when I learned I could watch all of it on YouTube, I was in and didn't want out.

Back in my days of being a typical closed-minded 13 year old, I initially thought bronies were gay because they watched a show intended for little girls. That all changed once I watched a few clips.

I thought it was all cool. When I heard that MLP had a large adult following, I figured it was in the same way that Spongebob or Powerpuff girls had an adult following- they were written in a way so that both kids and adults would enjoy them. Turns out I was right.

Edited by hawkflame

To be honest I was completely clueless as to what the hell a ''Brony'' was. I had stumbled across alot of mlp themed artwork and comics and became fairly confused about what I was looking at or what show the ponies had come from. Hell for a time, I thought they were a creation of someone off Deviant Art that had became popular. My curiosity is what eventually lead me to becoming a brony. So all in all I really never had any problem with it because I did not know anything about it.

Edited by LordDiscord

When I first heard of bronies, it was on Friendship is Magic's Wikipedia article and I just could not believe it. I didn't know how it was possible for males to enjoy a female-targeted show. I also didn't realize it was a pretty big thing on the Internet and I thought it was just a small community of guys who wanted to "be different". My opinion of bronies started to change when I found out one of my two brothers was one. Along with that, I started increasingly coming across fanon stuff made by bronies and realized that it was a really big thing. And that's what made me change my opinion of bronies from "ridiculous" to "awesome" and made me decide to become one myself.

I thought they were a bunch of weirdos.

And to this day, I'll keep to the promise I made to myself to never become an introverted neckbeard and fit into the brony stereotype.

• Brohoof 1

Well back in 2011 when I first joined the fandom wasn't as super vocal yet, just mainly on 4Chan and other websites, so I had no clue about them yet before I watched the show. At the time all I heard of was that there was this my little pony show and people were saying it was really good. After watching it was when I found out about the fandom. So I guess you can say I had no opinion on them. 

I didn't even know that there are "Bronies". xD

But I thought something like "Who would like a show like THAT?" when I saw the first 5 Minutes of 'Stare Master' in german. Was a little bit bad to get in like that, because my first impression was the GERMAN version and the talk about cutie marks. Yea.

A year later a friend showed me the english version. I knew through her, that there are many adults who like the show, but ony after I started to watch it for myself, I got to know the fanbase. So.. I couldn't think bad about the bronies.. but I thought a bit bad about the show. /D

Well, I'm glad that that totally changed now~ <3 *hugs everyone*

Edited by Maerchen

Before I watched the show, I thought that bronies were just fucking weirdos. I now deeply regret having that opinion because bronies turned to be one of the most awesome groups of people I've ever met.

Hated them. With a bitter passion, I might add. I thought they were all obnoxious and childish, amond a few other explitives I wish not to use.

And then I found out I had brony friends.

After I realised that, I figured that I should at least try to whatch it. Long story short, I'm a brony to the core now. :)

• Brohoof 1

Before I became a brony I did not know anything about bronies themselves or the show, I had not interest in doing any brony research because I couldn't be certain about any of the information out there. All I know is I am no hater and I know what the show has done for me :)

• 5 months later...