Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What did you think of MLP before you were a Brony?

Harmony And Rarity

I compare the MLP franchise with Barbie....

42600-kill-it-with-fire-gif--scorpio-iZR

And then, in 2011, the internet got flooded with FIM stuff, and it really pissed me off but I thought it would die down since things would calm down after it got old.  But it didn't....so out of curiosity and anger I watched the first episode, and wasn't impressed.  But in order to properly analyze any media, you can't go by just a first look/listen....so I watched the first 5 episodes.....and then I was like

tumblr_mxpekbovrY1rtc27so1_500.jpg

2010 or earlier: Meh just another preschool show.

2011-mid-2012: THIS SHOW IS STUPID OMG HOW COULD ANYONE MY AGE WATCH IT (I regret that)

Late 2012-Early 2013: A bit weird that males like that show, oh well.

Mid 2013: It's probably indeed a good show, but I'm afraid that if I watch it, I'll get hooked.

After I became a brony (late 2013-now): I knew it. MLP is indeed the greatest show ever.

I thought wasn't that a phase i went through when i was five along with barbie?
Yeah that sucks its so childish why would anyone like it? my friend is weird.

Buuuuutttt........
FANMADE_Adorable_Derpy.gifthen i watched it and i was like.....

YYYAAAYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My best friend's brother is a brony, and when she told me I was utterly confused. I would have never guessed I'd become a fan of the show, mainly for my strong dislike in the color pink and just.. girly things in particular.  However, a few months later I saw a video on YouTube, and it was someone fessing up that they were a brony. So I figured it couldn't be that bad..

And then I watched it. 

And now I'm trying to convince everyone I know to give it a shot. 

I didn't think anything of it. I respected the people who watched and enjoyed it because we are all entitled to like what we want. I just didn't want to watch it because I felt it wouldn't be interesting to me. Then came the day I watched it, and I was wrong. It was enjoyable. Blew me away honestly. I could see why people liked watching this show and had a fandom devoted to it. :)

I felt about it the same way I do with minecraft. 

Looked like something I would really end up enjoying, so I stayed away from it because I didn't want it to suck up all my time/life...

and then I watched it, and that's exactly what happened XD. But it was totally worth it!

I did have some concern about becoming a brony because I was kinda like..."eeeh...do I really want to have to admit this to 

myself and others?" but after thinking a while, I was like..."y'know what? it's a good show, and there's a lot worse things out

there...

yeah...I'm a brony.

And I've stayed that way ever since.

• Brohoof 1

I honestly didn't even know that there was a new My Little Pony show on TV, or that it such a huge following of an unexpected demographic. Even after I found out about it, I never disliked it. I was always just like "Ponies? Okay, that's cool."

It actually took my a while to actually know that the cute little clips I was watching was My Little Pony. Then I saw the description. I gazed in awe. My Little Pony.

I accepted I was a brony/pegasister and continued to watch the clips until I became one. ^u^

I thought it was the dumbest thing ever and didn't understand why people liked it.  Then once I liked it, I didn't want anyone to know, since I already said previously I didn't like it. :P  Similar to Read it and Weep

I actually heard about on the internet a little while before I became a brony, and like most other close minded people around here would think/say, I kinda thought it was for..excuse my language please "for faggots" Then I one day just kinda said what the hell, took a deep breath and watched it...............I watched all 3 seasons over the course of 2 days! then I discovered the forums, and found out how awesome you guys can be, MLP actually made me MUCH more open minded about certain things than I was before!

Honestly, I found it scary. And creepy. :P

Then, once I watched it, I understood what all the fuss was about, and why so many people had fallen in love with the show. And, I fell in love with it too. :)

I never knew MLP FiM existed. I first heard of it through a fairly popular LPer talking about it on one of his livestream events. Watched it the next day. So there really wasn't much "before" to speak of in the matter.

Was a bit uncomfortable with the girlish nature of the previous gens, but loved it from G1 till now (when G1 is out I'm like -15 years old ahaha). Loved the pleasant theme. Didn't really have a lot of pony toy stuff though.

I never really knew anything other than my sister had an interest in the toys. I was browsing around newgrounds one day and my sister comes up and sees an mlp thing there. Of course, being newgrounds I had to check it first, and it was fine. The first thing I ever saw was Epic Wub Time: Musicians of Ponyville. I thought "This isn't half bad," so I browsed around further, in secret. I eventually found the more... mature stuff... but ignored it. That Christmas, my sister got the dvd "Fun, Games and Friendship." She wanted me to watch one and I was like "Do I REALLY have to?" Internally, I was screaming "GAY FAG!" at the top of my lungs. I sat down with her and watched my first episode, Sonic Rainboom. I tried to subtly watch it, in secret. I realised that it wasn't the first episode, so I searched for the first episode. Fast forward to a few months ago, and I finally get around to watching it. Now, here I am.

I never really knew anything other than my sister had an interest in the toys. I was browsing around newgrounds one day and my sister comes up and sees an mlp thing there. Of course, being newgrounds I had to check it first, and it was fine. The first thing I ever saw was Epic Wub Time: Musicians of Ponyville. I thought "This isn't half bad," so I browsed around further, in secret. I eventually found the more... mature stuff... but ignored it. That Christmas, my sister got the dvd "Fun, Games and Friendship." She wanted me to watch one and I was like "Do I REALLY have to?" Internally, I was screaming "GAY FAG!" at the top of my lungs. I sat down with her and watched my first episode, Sonic Rainboom. I tried to subtly watch it, in secret. I realised that it wasn't the first episode, so I searched for the first episode. Fast forward to a few months ago, and I finally get around to watching it. Now, here I am.

...C-can I just say that your username is amazing??

• Brohoof 1