Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Did you like anything stereotypically girly before MLP?

SolidTwilight

Given I'm a girl I loved my Sailor Moon like no ends and unicorns and some romance in books......

Power puff girls :D! I have now seen anything for a while, but I remember watching it a lot X3. Does that count as girly?

That show was awesome but I always thought it was for girls so I never told anyone I watched it.
  • Brohoof 1

Lord, this is gonna date me so much, but...

I used to LOVE Jem & The Holograms!  The music drew me in, the day-glo outfits caught my attention span, and the fact they were girls rocking out was ultimately awesome!

They really were truly, truly, TRULY outrageous!

*blush*

... I'm... gonna go hide in the corner now...

Watched and enjoyed both Care Bears and PPG as a kid. In fact I remember watching Care Bears as an 8 year old and questioning whether or not I was too big for it, though I continued watching possibly up to the age of 10. Watched Hannah Montana and That's So Raven in my early teens, my dad actually teased me about having a crush on HM (I didn't btw).

• 5 years later...

Technically this does count as "MLP," but I should mention that at one point I remember getting Gen 3 My Little Pony toys in a Happy Meal when I was 4 years old or so and vaguely remember actually liking them but my mom gave them away to a friend's daughter because they were girls' toys.

Outside of that, I had a Care Bears DVD I used to watch all the time as a kid, plus a "Popples" VHS and plush (if anyone remembers that) I remember liking which I feel could probably fit here. I also used to like Dora the Explorer in my preschool and kindergarten years.

I don't remember anything more than that, but now that I've realized I'm trans I feel like I can look back more on some of the stuff I used to play with or wanted to play with as a kid that can be considered "girls' stuff." FiM was probably one of the biggest things that played a part in that though.

Edited by SuperNESBrony

When I was very young, I was mad into the Disney Fairies and would constantly watch the first two movies that were out at the time. :adorkable:  I don’t know if that would count as ‘girly’, especially given how old I was. :kindness: I grew out of it just as the third was coming out. :please:

• Brohoof 1

I have been told horses are somewhat girly...so most of my childhood I guess...from G1,2,3 & a bunch of horse games and such I was given by my grandmother...but I didn't make the connection or care as we didn't have much. Care bears were a thing at grade school though.

Oh cooking was something I was told was "girly"...until it came to meat processing class, then I smoked everyone else.

• Brohoof 1

I dunno tbh I dun usually do too many things but if it has animals in it okay! Haha I mean when I was a little kid I guess I messed with girly toys had this dresser thing and gel for hair which i ended up putting on my dad lol

Oh yeah and I sometimes like sanrio stuff but not as much as some ppl I like the cooler or weirder characters more tho

Edited by flurry

• 2 weeks later...

I remember watching Sailor Moon on Toonami back in elementary, but other than that, I can't say I've been into many "girly" things before MLP. I can only credit MLP G4 specifically for reactivating my feminine side that pretty much laid dormant for a decade. 

• Brohoof 1

I've always been rather feminine, I dressed feminine more or less until my late teens when I began dressing more in hoodies. Yet as to liking feminine things, well I watched a lot of "girly" movies and shows like barbie and then of course the tv shows be it powerpuff girls, totally spies and kim possible to name a few shows haha. That and I like many animes of course. While I believe really this stereotype of genders is not necessary as I believe something that early 2000s shows proved is you can be a girly and still have a masculine trait really. 

totally-spies-1.jpg?quality=80&strip=all

Edited by Fluttershyfan94

I loved "girly" things all the time, yeah. I took a pink heart backpack to middle-school, watched a lot of shows for "girls". But I never saw the rationality behind separating entertainment by gender like that, anyway? Let people enjoy what they want to enjoy

I was, and still am, into Barbie, Strawberry Shortcake, Disney Fairies, Angelina Ballerina and lots of others along those lines. I have a hard exterior but a creamy filling on the inside. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I watched a few girly shows with my sisters like Barbie and played with Polly Pockets when I was little. I had even seen one of the G3 MLP movies but I don't remember much of it. However I did not do those things on my own. I pretty much watched what my sisters liked and they watched what I liked. I only got into more girly things though My Little Pony: fim.:yay:  But that was years later.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Hm... I also liked Sailor Moon. It was around the time when I was in kindergarten and early elementary school. :) I would rather play with a doll than cars as a kid. I never saw a difference between girly and other things. The only difference I saw/see is that these things look more like fun than others.
I like "girly" colors lile pink, even my Nintendo Switch Lite is in that color! :eager: I also like other unicorns, pegasi and horses outside of FiM, especially when they are colorful and stylized. I would say my life is very colorful. It's a funny contrast, as I only wear black clothes. :fluttershy: