Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is MLP FIM the only 'girly' thing you like?

Bendy

Is My Little Pony the only 'girly' thing you like?  

133 users have voted

1. 1. Is My Little Pony the only 'girly' thing you like?

• Yes.
    • No. (state what in post.)

Is My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic the only 'girly' thing you like?

To me yes, there is literally nothing that appeals to me from 'girly' media. Though MLP FIM has clearly proven it's not just for little girls. Feel free to point some media that might surprise me as MLP FIM did. The only reason investigated it was because I was curious about the fanbase and I felt a little depressed.

It's very unusual, that I even like (love) this new generation of My Little Pony. I mostly like grimdark, violent and war of survival stuff. Like The Walking Dead, Mass Effect, Metro 2033, Fallout and blah blah blah.

Now, I love wacky silly cartoon like Futurama or South Park. But I never imagined in a million years that I would love My Little Pony.

Edited by Rush
  • Brohoof 10

Nope, when I was a kid I liked the tamagotchis and some shojos...

But not as much as MLP:FiM.

EDIT: I forgot the Powerpuff Girls. :D

Edited by Blobulle

Many years ago, I watched some Powerpuff girls episodes at one of my relatives house and came away enjoying it, but I didn't get Cartoon Network on my TV, however, so I never became a consistent viewer. Even further back, I recall playing with my sister's tamagotchi pet handheld games and having fun with it.

MLP: FiM is the only girly thing I enjoy now, and the only one I've enjoyed on a regular basis.

• Brohoof 1

Well no, actually. I watched the Powerpuff Girls, Totally Spies and the original series of My Little Pony on tape (don't remember which generation though, it was the series with Grogar and Tambelon in it)

• Brohoof 3

I like makeup, hair, Sex In The City, girly clothes, straight out girls clothes, I'm incredibly sassy and dramatic IRL, I sew, I really don't like typical guy's fare like sports... All stereotypes because lol gender norms but given the thread topic they're pertinent stereotype. Only reason I'm not gay is because I'm not, let's just put it that way.

• Brohoof 7

Well, I like some shoujo anime, like Sailor Moon and Ouran High School Host Club.  I also like Hell Girl, which is shoujo, but seeing as how it's a horror series it's really not all that girly.

I should add that I did watch Jem and She-Ra when I was growing up, in addtion to Transformers, GI Joe, Voltron, etc.  .

No. I will watch Littlest Pet Shop and stuff like Wake up girls!, iDOLM@STER, and Love Live!.. I also have a bit of a feminine fashion sense. Sorta kinda. So I Have a thing for frilly stuff though I don't wear anything of the sort.

• Brohoof 1

Nope! When I was watching my three little nieces (who like MLP, obviously) they wanted to watch tv, and they turned on part of the Tinker Bell movie. I guess they split the movie into three episodes to play on tv or whatever. I was a little skeptical (much like when I first started seeing MLP:FiM stuff), but it was hilarious!!

Also, I'm pretty weird in the fact that I can legitimately enjoy RomComs...alone. haha Maybe it's because I grew up with six sisters and no brothers and was exposed to Romantic Comedy movies regularly, or that most of the people I hung out with in high school were girls and they always wanted to snuggle during RomComs...but I find a lot of them to be pretty entertaining! I think 'How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days,' '13 Going on 30,' and '50 First Dates' are my favorites (wow, I never realized all of them had numbers in their titles until now...)

Oh! and I love Disney movies still! Not so much the OLD movies (Cinderella / Snow White / Sleeping Beauty) but the ones since the late 80s etc mostly.

I don't know if 'girly' could be applied to me since I am a girl and everything, but I do still like the older generations of MLP. I think I have my old collection from when I was little somewhere. Most of them were knock-offs though, my mum wouldn't fork out for the official toys. xD

I think it depends on what you class as girly.

At Uni I ended up hanging around a lot of girls for some reason, and I have to admit I enjoyed a fair few girly films like "mean girls" and the such. Also the powerpuff girls was amazing and when I was very very little, I used to play with polly pockets around my friends house. I never had anything like action men as I just played football all day long from since I can remember so I didn't know what was and wasn't girl y.

• Brohoof 1

Hello Kitty for me although it's very interesting that I am starting to replace my Hello Kitty items in my home with MLP items when I can find something decent.

I do happen to be a female but since I am a very grown adult there are folks who think my attachment to Hello Kitty and MLP is just a little weird.  I just smile.  We can do that and not care what other people think when we are old.  :-)

• Brohoof 1