Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is MLP FIM the only 'girly' thing you like?

Bendy

Is My Little Pony the only 'girly' thing you like?  

133 users have voted

1. 1. Is My Little Pony the only 'girly' thing you like?

• Yes.
    • No. (state what in post.)

Right now? Yes.

In the past? No. I used to watch the Powerpuff Girls and Sailor Moon when I was younger. Although, it never felt weird liking PPG. It didn't seem "girly." I even remember making a drawing of them, lol.  Which is weird for me because I seldom draw. As for Sailor Moon, well... I think only my then best friend knew about that. XP

Is My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic the only 'girly' thing you like?

To me yes, there is literally nothing that appeals to me from 'girly' media. Though MLP FIM has clearly proven it's not just for little girls. Feel free to point some media that might surprise me as MLP FIM did. The only reason investigated it was because I was curious about the fanbase and I felt a little depressed.

It's very unusual, that I even like (love) this new generation of My Little Pony. I mostly like grimdark, violent and war of survival stuff. Like The Walking Dead, Mass Effect, Metro 2033, Fallout and blah blah blah.

Now, I love wacky silly cartoon like Futurama or South Park. But I never imagined in a million years that I would love My Little Pony.

No! before I got into MLP FIM show I watched JEM AND THE HOLOGRAMS, JOSIE AND THE PUSSYCATS, SAILORMOON , MONSTERHIGH AND LAST THE NEW SABRINA TEENAGE WITCH cartoon !

D: Sorry, I didn't mean to offend :(

Is all right, I don't think the mods heard you question the majestic smell of Celestia's mane. ^_^

....er... topic.... uhm my favorite movie musical is called "My Fair Lady" and...uhm.... I like pretty flowers.

Edited by Virgil_Harris

Everyone hold them philanges...

How the hell is the deceptively innocent Power Puff Girls girly?

This one monster got his horn ripped off and his eye stabbed with it!

Yeah, PPG always came across as "ironically" girly to me.

The whole origin story shows it. The PPG are made from sugar and spice and CHEMICAL X!

• Brohoof 1

The comercials didn't help that cause much lol.

There a thin line between girly and Japanese.

Or was it "there's no difference between girly and JapAnese"?

Lol time for ponies

Also, "Smelly Wom" is my new band name.

• Brohoof 1

Yarr, that be it, matey.

Powerpuff Girls does NOT count.

Have you seen the Gore in it? The ultra-violence?

I didn't even know it was considered "girly" until this thread popped up.

I hate how people.see."woms are the main characters" and identify it with girliness.

PPG is a testament to the contrary.

Yeah, now that you say that, I can see how it shouldn't be considered girly. Oh well!

But I never imagined in a million years that I would love My Little Pony.

And that's the magic of it, isn't it?

As for me, I'm a figure skater and a horseback rider, which are both female dominated sports.  I certainly don't consider them "girly."  Maybe some people do, but I've never been one to place silly labels like that on things.  I also love all the classic Disney movies, another thing some people might interpret as "girly" I guess.

Yarr, that be it, matey.

Powerpuff Girls does NOT count.

Have you seen the Gore in it? The ultra-violence?

I didn't even know it was considered "girly" until this thread popped up.

I hate how people.see."woms are the main characters" and identify it with girliness.

PPG is a testament to the contrary.

It really looks like it's for little girls. The main characters are 3 girls.

I've watched over 30 episodes, I agree it's violent and everything, but still.

It really looks like it's for little girls. The main characters are 3 girls.

I've watched over 30 episodes, I agree it's violent and everything, but still.

That's dumb logic.

Resident Evil mvies have a cast that's priamrily female, is that for girls?

How about Mass Effect, you choose to be a wom, that MUST be for girls.

Narp.

• Brohoof 1

Aaaah, Powerpuff Girls.  Classic.  I also watched Sailor Moon and Cardcaptor Sakura as a child and I guess they could be considered girly.  These days, I occasionally entertain myself with Littlest Pet Shop, Sofia the First, and Sabrina: Secrets of a Teenage Witch.  Zero bucks given.

That's dumb logic.

Resident Evil mvies have a cast that's priamrily female, is that for girls?

How about Mass Effect, you choose to be a wom, that MUST be for girls.

Narp.

Touché.

(But remember that at the end of each episode, there's that hypnotic heart-shaped background? :D Even the dot of the i from Girls is a heart)

I agree that the show can be watched by boys too, even today I really enjoy watching it. But the first impression I had when I saw the 3 main characters is that it was for girls.

Touché.

(But remember that at the end of each episode, there's that hypnotic heart-shaped background? :D Even the dot of the i from Girls is a heart)

I agree that the show can be watched by boys too, even today I really enjoy watching it. But the first impression I had when I saw the 3 main characters is that it was for girls.

That's it's charm, it's niche. It can go from deceptively cute to mothers-calling-for-heads style violence faster than you can wonder why the f*ck is this on TV. x)
  • Brohoof 1