Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming I am severely upset and disappointed.

Tenor Clef

So a little while back my xbox 360 got red ring. I dealt with it for 3 months. My friend was all like "I have an old 360 you can have." so I got really excited. I kissed his lips, man. And I get the console and it works without any problems until I buy a game. All of a sudden, I turn it on and it's static and an odd screen pattern. It sucks. I got my hopes up and now I am sad.

Edited by Dusk Moon

Dude, turn off the tv and xbox. Replug your system in.

The xbox is fine... My kinnect ready one does the same thing sometimes.

I will try this. I forgot to mention it's the original 360 and it once had red ring.

Hit it repeatedly with a hammer. Then restart it. You won't get the wierd screen effects anymore...

But in all seriousness that sucks. Happened to mine too, but luckily mine was within warranty so I got it repaired.

Have you tried the hot towel trick on the old xbox? The red ring one?

"kissed him on the lips" Me gusta lol jk

Sorry to hear about your Xbox problems. I've gone through a system before, poor thing ended up burning itself to death somehow :(

I had that since pretty much the release of the 360... RIP my first Xbox...

I went about a whole year without videogames and then got a new Xbox a few years back. Sadly I realized I didn't miss much... (that was back when CoD exploded into popularity, a movement that I will just say is not to my liking). :P

• Brohoof 1

Sorry to hear about your depression friend. Xbox..I know that feel..

You should see if you can send in your old Xbox with the red ring and get it fixed up. Don't they do that for free?

Sorry to hear about your depression friend. Xbox..I know that feel..

You should see if you can send in your old Xbox with the red ring and get it fixed up. Don't they do that for free?

not if it's out of warranty. Feelsbadman.jpg

Maybe it's because you kissed his lips. While some people enjoy kissing their friends, in most Western cultures it's frowned upon. From now on, just say a thank you, and pay him back a favor.

Jokes aside, that sucks. :c

My Xbox does this sometimes too. Do what Rose said, and try again. Also, check your cable, if its the component one, check the switch on the cable itself to make sure it is in the right position, HDTV if you're using the component cables, TV if you're just using the Red/White/Yellow.

Try another cord too. It could be a number of things, it hasn't Red Ringed on you, so its nothing major.

It's fate telling you to get something that doesn't have hardware outdated by years.

I think it might be. Money is tight and jobs are hard to come by at 17, you know? But I'll be getting one really soon if I have to apply 20 billion places >:)

It's fate telling you to get something that doesn't have hardware outdated by years.

so I'm in the car and I'm thinking about not having an xbox an I see a gamestop. I turn around and make a poor impulse purchase and buy a brand new xbox. I'm now seeing the irony because in a way, lucifer told me to buy an xbox.

I would tell you to get a PS3, but I know that's unrealistic because you already have all those Xbox games and a gamertag. I'm not looking to start a console war either, so all I can say is feels bad, man. I sort of know that feel, because my fat PS3 got yellow light of death twice. But now I have a slim and it's all good - newer models of anything tend to not have so many problems so often, so you should be good for a few years or so

I dont know about the static screen and patterns, but I have seen the Red Ring many times. This will sound weird, but whenever this happened to my friends X-Box's, they turned them on (disconnected from TVs) and wrapped them in blankets for about a day. After this they worked fine. It MIGHT just be a coincidence, but I havent seen this fail yet. (Just because I havent seen it fail, but that doesnt mean it won't. It worked 4 times I have seen it, but still. Just a disclaimer XD;; )

Not sure if this will work with an X-Box, but when my old computer died out, we put the tower in the freezer for 12 hours and we got another few months out of it.

Edited by NovaBioField

I once was happy when my XBox, which Red ringed came back about 3 days after sending it completely fixed.

But I know that scare bro. If my current one does die, I might look into buying a Slim one. Eventually.

I once was happy when my XBox, which Red ringed came back about 3 days after sending it completely fixed.

But I know that scare bro. If my current one does die, I might look into buying a Slim one. Eventually.

I suggest buying the slim. I just bought one today and it's quiet as a mouse!

Guaranteed solution, and how to make sure this never happens again? Buy Nintendo! XD :P

If the Wii had more good games than Super Mario Galaxy and a few others it would be nice.

I suggest buying the slim. I just bought one today and it's quiet as a mouse!

Tsk. Tsk. Tsk.

Edited by Lucifer

• 8 years later...
  • 3 months later...