Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Vinyl Scratch + Luna SINGING?!

Harmony Spark

Now, I don't know whether this is a rumour or not, but I'm soooo excited that in Season 4, some characters such as Vinyl Scratch and Princess Luna are going to sing! It will be so awesome and we'll finally get Vinyl Scratch's voice! (Although Nowhacking might get pissed off) anyway, is everypony hyped on Daniel Ingram making more awesome songs?!

• Brohoof 3

Vinyl singing? Really? That's interesting. I haven't heard anything about her singing. It could be pretty cool actually. I wouldn't mind seeing Luna sing either. Season 4 could be very interesting if these rumors are true.

• Brohoof 1

I would love a Vinyl song! It would be interesting to finally hear what she sounds like. Though I would like just more Vinyl in general for Season 4. A Luna song would be quite nice as well.

• Brohoof 2

I wouldn't mind a Luna song at all, since her voice is dark but very elegant. As for Vinyl, it could be possible. For now, it is just a rumor on the singing for both of them.

• Brohoof 3

This should be posted in the season 4 speculation or in the season 4 spoilers and information thread.

But where did you get this information? Maybe it is just a rumor you know. I have not heard anything about it myself. Though, it would be cool to see princessoverrated Luna sing. I don't know what to think about Vinyl Scratch singing though. I think she's cool and all but.. Hmm idk.

• Brohoof 1

This should be posted in the season 4 speculation or in the season 4 spoilers and information thread.

But where did you get this information? Maybe it is just a rumor you know. I have not heard anything about it myself. Though, it would be cool to see princessoverrated Luna sing. I don't know what to think about Vinyl Scratch singing though. I think she's cool and all but.. Hmm idk.

Just to let you know, I got this on MLP Wiki on the Song List page. It also shows that Daniel Ingram is making 15-20 songs in Season 4!

Just to let you know, I got this on MLP Wiki on the Song List page. It also shows that Daniel Ingram is making 15-20 songs in Season 4!

Ah okay. That is probably legit then :P

But ugh 15-20 songs sounds a little bit too much to me. I don't want songs every 2nd episode. That's a bit too much.

• Brohoof 3

I don't want songs every 2nd episode. That's a bit too much.
It's gonna be Magical Mystical Cure all over again.  

Nah, but seriously, Vinyl having a singing voice? I'm not to keen on that sense i'm probably one of the few people who prefer for her to be voiceless, but I am open up for change. It will be interesting to see how her singing voice is. As for Luna, well, there's possibilities, but I could totally see her having a song with her sister if that's the case. 

• Brohoof 1

Have we even heard Vinyl Scratch talk? If they're going to make her sing, she's going to be casted for her voice, so that might be pretty cool. I'm not sure I want Luna to sing, but MLP has yet to make a bad decision (In my opinion).

• Brohoof 1

Well, I would be very happy if that was to occur.  I've wanted to hear Luna sing since "Luna Eclipsed".  I'm not sure what to think about Vinyl.   I don't know what story the episode could have in order to have Vinyl sing.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...

Isn't nowacking a voice actress by trade? Maybe it could be ultimate fan service and hasbro hires her to do Vinyl's voice? But if not, I hope they keep the idea of having an awesome type of voice.

Of course, that's all assuming that this actually happens. I don't know what context could warrant a background pony singing. All of the songs thus far have only featured the Mane Six as the primary singers, with the exception of This Day Aria.

One might say well, Derpy had a speaking role. But speaking roles can occur without any real importance (although I would argue that Derpy is one of the most important characters to that episode's plot.). SInging roles are quite different. They always contribute to the character development and plot in a given episode. So unless Vinyl was going to move out of the background, I'm not sure where her singing would fall.

But personally, unless they get Jessi Nowack, which is unlikely, or somepony with a very similar voice, I'm not sure I'd be thrilled, seeing how Nowack has voiced Vinyl in pretty much every piece of fan content that I can think of.

But there's my two cents.

Vinyl singing might get Octavia/Lyra/Derpy/Bonbon/Doctor who/carrot top/colgate/berry bunch's fans pissed because Vinyl a background character got a speaking role while there pony did not. Not to mention a lot of people would scream "pandering"

Wouldn't mind Luna singing though

Well this should be interesting.. well luna at least. shes always been my favorite princess and i would love to hear her sing. her voice will either be very dark or the children of the night (yes i know that was a diferent artist from hocus pocus)

Do I get to say BEST THING EVA!

Yes, I do.

Honestly, there seems to be a bunch of hype about Luna singing. Don't get me wrong, I REALLY want to see that. But I'm more excited about Vinyl getting to sing. (One obvious reason is that she must get to become important to the show in some respect) I could totally see her singing over a DubStep track. Considering that's like 50% of what she probably does. And I'd really like to see where Ingram goes with that. If it turns out to be the case.

Edited by Dez

I still want to know where these roles would go. I mean, Luna, obviously, could definitely be in such a postion, seeing as there is already a confirmed episode centering around Nightmare Moon. But having Vinyl singing... I just don't see where that would be able to apply. Not that I don't want it to happen. I just don't know how it would work with the dynamic of episodes we are used to.

• 2 months later...

I have yet to find the source of this rumor, thus I am forced to assume that it is cockbull, no matter how much I wish it were true.

img-2226260-1-vinyl_scratch_rocking_by_s

Maybe not. Pinkie Pride is a musical episode, and she is friends with Vinyl. Given that it's probably going to open with Pinkie beginning preparations for Dashie's birthdayversary, it isn't out of the question to have Vinyl included, when she is going to hire a musician. And in fact, I wouldn't even be surprised. Vinyl having a role would actually fit very well, and not just be fan-pandering.