Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have you ever come close to death?

Onylex

Yup. Overdose.

I was going through a rough time way back when so I took about a handful of Concerta over the course of a few hours.

Yeah, I was really... uh... let's just say I had to have my stomach pumped and had to stay in the hospital for a few days until it was out of my system.

My parents heard me getting sick after I took them and immediately drove me to the hospital, so if it wasn't for that, I may have kicked the bucket.

Well, I for one am glad to hear that you didn't kick the bucket. ;)

I would have never met an awesome friend and the fandom would have one less Trixie fan, and we need as many people as we can get to make an army of Trixie peoples. :catface:  

• Brohoof 1

Yup. I've had a lot of near death experiences. My favorites, though, was on a hike. I was hiking on an icy cliff, because I'm that dumb, when I came to a VERY thin ledge. Being my dumb self, I was like, "HEY GUYS THIS IS GREAT LETS DO THE BERHERGA!" That decision nearly cost me my life. I was walking when I slipped on the ledge. It was a 1000 foot plummet, I was scared. I was saved by a friend of mine, who is a really great guy. Needless to say, never hike on icy cliffs.

• Brohoof 1

I've had a few. (Listed in order)

First experience-

I played with firing by swinging a tree branch then the fire lighted the branch up and reached its way to my arm. I screamed like hell when half of my shirt was burned off. Luckily, my father threw a bucket of milk.

Second-

It was the fourth of July and I was playing with glue. I was so stupid that I put my hand on the firework and it got stuck on it while the firework was about to go. My uncle put something so my hand can come off. (Not sure what it was)

Third-

I was waiting for my dad after school. I had fun and talked with some of my friends. We walked through the cross walk and a car came nearly through me. My thumb was broken. So now, my thumb can bend so far behind.

Fourth-

I got Black ops 2 for the WiiU and I got really excited. I got the plug and inserted it so the WiiU can turn on but I got electrocuted in the process that I kinda fell down unconscious.

• Brohoof 1

A couple of years ago I decided to cross the street thinking I could just dodge traffic, as a result I almost got hit by a semi truck.

• 3 months later...

When I was around 7-8 years old in third or fourth grade, I had a good friend with really bad anger issues. So we were in the middle of a conversation and I guess I somehow managed to irritate him because he just picked me up by my neck with both hands(I was reeaaaaaaaaally tiny), choking me. He was cutting off the blood circulation to my brain, I couldn't breathe, and I couldn't move. The only thing I could think was I'm gonna die, I'm gonna die, gonna die, gonna die, die, die. I'm pretty sure I passed out after a couple of seconds, though, because all I could remember after that was a big blur of some girl dragging me to the nurses office and everyone was freaking out. If that girl hadn't pulled my friend's hands off of my neck at that second, I'd have died. 

• Brohoof 1

Let's see, most of them have to do with suffocating. xD

First was when I was a tiny kid and ate a pack of silicone gel, you know that stuff inside the little packages that you get that always says "DO NOT EAT" on it.

Second one was when I choked on a gumball and nearly died, but luckily my mom got that out. 

Third time was when I jumped a ramp on my motorbike and flew over the handlebars and hit the ground, the bike landing on top of my chest which broke a rib, nearly puncturing a lung.

Fourth was when I was in the way back of the mini van, my sister up front with my mom driving. My sister distracted her and she thought the light turned green so she went. It in fact didn't, and the van was totaled from an impact at 45 mph. The impact was about a foot from me, anywhere closer and I would've died.

Fifth was when I was laying down in between two walls of the steps of a swimming pool which happened to be just the right fit for a waveboard, The water was extremely shallow so I could move when he decided it would be a good idea to shove it in the gap and force me under. He couldn't get it out for like 30 seconds, so yeah.

• Brohoof 1

I can't actually remember any of my close calls, but my family witnessed two when I was very young.

- The first incident was when I went to a swimming pool with my mom. I was a small kid then and I didn't know how to swim. I must have went too deep because my mother has recollected to me many times after the fact that she saw that I was drowning and she freaked out and started shrieking for help until finally I was taken out of the water. I don't remember this even happening, but at the time it must have put a lot of fear into me because even now I am slightly hydrophobic and I refuse to swim. I'll go to the beach, but good luck trying to get me to go to a public pool ever again. :unsure:

- The second incident was when I was tempting fate by playing in the street. I don't know if I was just a very stupid young kid or if I had a reason for being in the street, but I have been told that a truck was speeding towards me that day and it had shown no signs of stopping. Were it not for a courageous teen girl in the neighborhood who pulled me out the street just in time, I might have been little more than a splatter on the road. :/ I was too young to understand the severity of the situation, but the grim aftermath was that a few weeks (months possibly?) after my life was saved, that same young girl was found murdered just outside a convenience store in a dumpster. :(  I couldn't thank her today if I wanted to, but there's gotta be a place in heaven for her.

Edited by Sugar Cube
  • Brohoof 4

There have been times when I think about it and realize how bad things could have been.

When I was ten I wanted to sail a bit made if pencils and tape. I had string, ok? Anyway, we lived with a gator in the back, and my mother even came with me there. In my own little world, I didn't see the gator until my mom pointed him out coming. I ran like hell. Looking back, we were so close to the water and I was so much large that I could have pushed her in accidentally. And that scares the shit out of me.

• Brohoof 1

The second incident was when I was tempting fate by playing in the street. I don't know if I was just a very stupid young kid or if I had a reason for being in the street, but I have been told that a truck was speeding towards me that day and it had shown no signs of stopping. Were it not for a courageous teen girl in the neighborhood who pulled me out the street just in time, I might have been little more than a splatter on the road. :/ I was too young to understand the severity of the situation, but the grim aftermath was that a few weeks (months possibly?) after my life was saved, that same young girl was found murdered just outside a convenience store in a dumpster.   I couldn't thank her today if I wanted to, but there's gotta be a place in heaven for her.

Oh my gosh that is so hard to read and it made me really sad to hear such a thing happened to her. That has to be one of the saddest things I have read in a really long time now... That girl could be the equivalent of an angel or a guardian angel in my eyes. RIP to her

For my end I had a close encounter a long time ago when I was little. I was at my cousin's house and his mom had made some food for us to eat. At the time I did not realize I had all the food allergies that I have today. I believe I ate something that triggered a bad allergic reaction and my throat closed up on me. It was a very scary experience and no one knew what exactly was happening at the time. I still look back and wonder how I got through that allergic attack because I did not have any epi-pen nor when they took me to the hospital did they diagnosis my symptoms either. It wasn't till I was 15 that I had learned about all the food allergies that I do have and am very cautious with what it is that I eat now.   

• Brohoof 5

I'm sure I've had a few, but none that left any kind of mental scar on me. The only one I can think of off the top of my head was a recent incident where I was on the highway, and traffic stopped dead in front of me. As I slammed on my brakes, I noticed that I was practically being tailgated by a freakin' SEMI, which didn't show any signs of slowing and would certainly have creamed me had I not immediately reacted and swerved into the shoulder. It was a miracle he stopped in time not to hit the car that had been in front of me.

Edited by Lord Thrashicane
  • Brohoof 1

About a year ago I was heading to meet my gf at a farmer market. I came to a crosswalk, waited for the sign and started walking. Suddenly I hear this loud screech of tire on concrete, I turn to my right and not 3 ft. from where I was standing was some guy in his 30's, dressed in a suit, gripping the steering wheel and almost looked like he had a heart attack. So if he hadn't stopped when he did I could have had an all expenses paid trip to the concrete. 

*edit* So here's a fresh new one that almost happened to me last night. 

I was with a few friends heading back from a movie at around 8pm. We're heading down this one road and coming up to a stop sign but my friend driving isn't slowing down, still going at around twenty to thirty. And you can clearly see a car trying to pull into the lane next to ours, and he's still not slowing down. Now I have no idea if he noticed this car or not, but he was just past the stop sign, other car right in front of us and I told him, pretty quickly and very loudly, "turn right!" and he does. Then he starts questioning me as to "why we made this turn at all?" So ya, I'm not sure if I would have died, though it definitely felt like I would have if I hadn't said something, and I'm sure the person in the other car wouldn't have had a very good time either, that is saying that they weren't dead. Maybe this is why I'm scared to death about being in a car. 

Edited by Scrambles
  • Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

About a year ago I was heading to meet my gf at a farmer market. I came to a crosswalk, waited for the sign and started walking. Suddenly I hear this loud screech of tire on concrete, I turn to my right and not 3 ft. from where I was standing was some guy in his 30's, dressed in a suit, gripping the steering wheel and almost looked like he had a heart attack. So if he hadn't stopped when he did I could have had an all expenses paid trip to the concrete. 

*edit* So here's a fresh new one that almost happened to me last night. 

I was with a few friends heading back from a movie at around 8pm. We're heading down this one road and coming up to a stop sign but my friend driving isn't slowing down, still going at around twenty to thirty. And you can clearly see a car trying to pull into the lane next to ours, and he's still not slowing down. Now I have no idea if he noticed this car or not, but he was just past the stop sign, other car right in front of us and I told him, pretty quickly and very loudly, "turn right!" and he does. Then he starts questioning me as to "why we made this turn at all?" So ya, I'm not sure if I would have died, though it definitely felt like I would have if I hadn't said something, and I'm sure the person in the other car wouldn't have had a very good time either, that is saying that they weren't dead. Maybe this is why I'm scared to death about being in a car. 

Scary bro...

Id be scared for life...

Though I haven't stared death in the face, I was in an accident that could have definitely and probably should have killed me.

My ex-boyfriend was driving me home one night, and he was going 70mph down a 35mph road. Not surprisingly, he lost control of the car when he hit a sharp turn. The truck rolled to the side of a hill and flipped 3 times.

Now, i live on and by ALL farms and long abandoned country roads. So, I thought no one could help us. Fortunately, a lady just happened to be driving by and she called 911.

I was taken to the hospital first because I had pain in my neck.

Thankfully, me and my ex weren't hurt. At all. In fact, we both left with small cuts on our toes and sore muscles.

I choked on a mozzarella stick when my family and I went out to dinner one time and almost passed out and hit my head on the floor.

I dont mean to brohoof the fact that you almost died but, thats pretty funny.

Thous things are dangerous.  :P 

• Brohoof 1

Whenever I was in 7th grade I remember I ate too many Jalapenos and spicy stuff the past few weeks, so that day at night I woke up with a huge stomach ache and so I went downstairs and I began drinking water and then suddenly my throat was burning like hell and I remember I thought I was about to die and the pain was increasing each moment. By then I began throwing up in the sink and it was nast-eee. And so my mom came randomly saying I told you so or something like that in Spanish, and I was like choking like that for an hour and it finally stopped. And so it was the worst feeling ever but now I learned be more careful of what I eat. And to not ask my parents for help if they wont even help me just stand there. lol

Once. I was 8 years old. I was climbing a tree when the branch beneath me gave way. I fell 20ft onto sharp gravel. The doctors were amazed I was alive let alone not having anything broken beyond a bruised femur.