Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Favorite game-related thing(s) from the 90s?

Geek0zoid

In my opinion, the 90s were one of the golden ages of video games. We got so many things out of it; Sonic the Hedgehog, the SEGA Dreamcast, the SNES, and many more.

But, those are just some of my favorites. What's your favorite game-related stuff from the 90s?

• Brohoof 1

My favorite game related stuff from the 90s was, Super Smash Bros. and Rollercoaster Tycoon. Those games really did show me some entertainment, and we can't forget Resident Evil.

• Brohoof 3

I really like the Nintendo 64 and PlayStation 1 a whole bunch. They brought so many games into the 3D environment for the first time and it was a whole new playing field. It opened up new doors to the possibilities of what we could achieve with technology and overall it was a blast being a gamer.

• Brohoof 2

I remember playing the Nintendo 64 and the Play Station 1 back in that era.

Loved Crash Bandicoot and Spyro the Dragon

best of all, the original Super Smash Bros

• Brohoof 2

Quite simply tge Playstation in general, with games like Blood Omen Legacy if Kain, Castlevaina Symphony of the Night, Twisted Metal 2, and Final Fanasty 7,8,9 that was the tips, SEGA and Sega CD get honorable metion cd only for the eternal champions port

• Brohoof 1

Simply put the console wars, Nintendo vs Sega locked in mortal kombat. They simply put brought out the best in each other, it is thanks in large part to this competition that we got some of the best games ever made, Sonic was made in part to compete with Mario and boy did he do a good job of it but Mario was not one to be outdone easily.

• Brohoof 2

Quite simply tge Playstation in general, with games like Blood Omen Legacy if Kain, Castlevaina Symphony of the Night, Twisted Metal 2, and Final Fanasty 7,8,9 that was the tips, SEGA and Sega CD get honorable metion cd only for the eternal champions port

Also Parasite Eve. That game might be gross, but sweet Luna, I think it's awesome.

I remember playing the Nintendo 64 and the Play Station 1 back in that era.

Loved Crash Bandicoot and Spyro the Dragon

best of all, the original Super Smash Bros

I remember growing up with Crash Bandicoot and Spyro. In fact, where the heck even is Crash? Spyro has sort of moved on to Skylanders, hasn't he?

Simply put the console wars, Nintendo vs Sega locked in mortal kombat. They simply put brought out the best in each other, it is thanks in large part to this competition that we got some of the best games ever made, Sonic was made in part to compete with Mario and boy did he do a good job of it but Mario was not one to be outdone easily.

Still, I'll always think Sonic is better than Mario. No exceptions.

I really like the Nintendo 64 and PlayStation 1 a whole bunch. They brought so many games into the 3D environment for the first time and it was a whole new playing field. It opened up new doors to the possibilities of what we could achieve with technology and overall it was a blast being a gamer.

My favorite game related stuff from the 90s was, Super Smash Bros. and Rollercoaster Tycoon. Those games really did show me some entertainment, and we can't forget Resident Evil.

Super Smash Bros. will always have a special place in my heart, especially with a new title coming out (Megaman being in it gave me a nerdgasm...)

The 90's was just awesome in terms of video gaming. Where to start? Everything from the Game Boy, the Nintendo 64, PlayStation One, and the SEGA Genesis (Okay, it came out in the 80's, but the best games came out in the 90's, so close enough). If you were a kid in the 90's, you loved to play video games. I know I did.

Probably my most favorite thing was the N64 because there were just so many great games even considering its small library and lifespan. Super Mario 64, Paper Mario, Star Fox 64, F-Zero X, Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2, Banjo Kazooie and Banjo Tooie, Donkey Kong 64, Goldeneye 007, Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Super Smash Bros, Turok, and WWF No Mercy. You just can't beat that kind of a line-up these days. :P

Edited by Sugar Cube
  • Brohoof 2

My favorite games from the 90's has to

Streets of Rage 2 (one of my favorite beat em up games)

Street Fighter 3rd Strike (My favorite Street Fighter game)

and finally, Metal Gear Solid and Yoshi's Island 

• Brohoof 2

The Super Nintendo is the home to most of my all time favorite games, A Link to the Past, Megaman X1-3, Castlevania IV, Final Fantasy IV and VI, Super Mario World, Super Metroid, I could go on.

Then there's the PS1 which also had some heavy hitters like FF7, 8, 9, Tactics, MGS, Syphon Filter 1 and 2, Megaman X4, Legends 1 and 2, Legend of Dragoon, Crash and Spyro

• Brohoof 1

EITHER: SUPER MARIO WORLD

I played this game so much it isn't funny. Now, I never beat it because I also suck at video games.

OR: SONIC 2: BETA

The mystery of this was fascinating to me. I learned a lot about games studying betas, but the nixed Hidden Palace zone stage hurts. It was so good that it not being included saddens me. It's gorgeous. I already love crystalline themed levels, but the brightness really helped. Mystic Cave Zone 2p's music didn't hurt it, either. The song used in the beta is awesome.

OR: STOP N' SWOP

Before it was turned into the things added in Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts it was a really fun thing. Getting that ice key "legitly" was really really cool. It added mystery to a game I absolutely loved as a kid.

• Brohoof 1

RPG oversaturation.

We still have a lot of RPGs these days, of course, but there's not nearly as many that try to do something totally unique in the battle system or they just have boring "level up to get this spell" ability systems.

What's more is every RPG seems to want to be set in medieval times with high fantasy characters and enemies with little exception. This annoys me. I like medieval settings and I like high fantasy but there just isn't enough variety. Where's my sci-fi western RPGs like Wild Arms? Where's my ancient China games like Suikoden and Legend of Legaia? Where's my typical fantasy setting that somehow managed to create it's own world instead of sticking to cliches and overrused memes like Legend of Dragoon?

• Brohoof 2

Oh man, I grew up in the 90s, so I have tons of fond memories of gaming. Playing those early computer games with my dad - I remember Duck Tales in particular. Donkey Kong Country and Mario on the Super Nintendo, and of course, the Final Fantasy series. And Earthbound!! That was, quite possibly, my favorite game as a kid. I still love it. It's so quirky and fun.

Edited by Sincerity

The 90's were amazing in gaming... so many choices!

But... if I had to choose one of them being my favourite game related thing, it would have to be pokemon. Unoriginal, yes, but growing up with pokemon was something special. The internet was just gaining popularity and nobody examined the game in depth, thus you had roumers flying around the school yard about secret pokemon and the existance of overpowered "pokegods."

I remember this one kid who had a gameshark, everyone thought he was super cool because we thought that he actually had a pokegod. He hacked himself a mew, a pokemon none of us were familiar with (this was before the first movie) and he also had a full team of level 100s.

Yep... those sure were interesting days. Also no, mew is NOT under the truck and talking to Mr. Psychic with the three legendary birds and three geodudes 50 times will not yield you anything special.

Edited by Celtore