Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A "Favorite" Feature

~Rule 63~ Lyeco

I was thinking for the use of the "favorite" feature

1.There should be something like a favorite button on the topics made by uses. We can use this so that we can go that specific topic instantly without going to recently talked about or going to thread by thread to look for it. Especially for users who posted a lot here.

2.I want to also put favorited by admin similar to MM picks in LBP. So people will know that if they're interested to join the specific topic that is loved by the admin. (If possible, favorited by moderator too)

• Brohoof 1

I agree with your first suggestion. It would be a very useful feature - there are certain threads that I would definitely want to favorite at some point in time so that it would be easier for me to access them quickly. 

However, I disagree with your second suggestion. That would give the impression that the staff's opinions about how good a topic is are more important than anyone else's, and it would also have the potential to cause jealousy and drama.

EDIT: Concerning your first suggestion, I just realized that there is already a "favorite" feature of sorts. Any content you follow is added to the following list, that you can access at anytime by clicking your username in the upper right hand corner, and then clicking "Content I Follow." http://mlpforums.com/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=followed Given the fact that you would most likely want to be notified about your favorite content, I feel that it is sufficient to just use this feature. However, it could be made more clear that this feature exists.

Edited by SCS
  • Brohoof 4

I agree with your first suggestion. It would be a very useful feature - there are certain threads that I would definitely want to favorite at some point in time so that it would be easier for me to access them quickly.

However, I disagree with your second suggestion. That would give the impression that the staff's opinions about how good a topic is are more important than anyone else's, and it would also have the potential to cause jealousy and drama.

This to both points.

I know we have a feature in which we can follow the topic however, if there's more than one topic to follow, you could get mixed up.

Also, if the topic isn't active for a while, that feature could come in handy for pulling it back up, not to mention it makes for better topic organization as well so you won't have to fish for replies in an endless sea of notifications for brohoofed/quoted posts and followed topics.

EDIT: or there could be a separate category in the profile page for followed topics as well

Edited by Wuvable ♥ Woona
  • Brohoof 1

As SCS already said, your first suggestion practically already exists.

As for your second suggestion, I am against this for a multitude of reasons, one of them would be that it would suggest the threads that the staff likes are more important than the threads that they don't, which simply isn't the case.

Besides, if there is a thread with something that the staff decides really, really, really needs to be seen, then they'd pin it.

Edited by Harmonic Revelations
  • Brohoof 1

2.I want to also put favorited by admin similar to MM picks in LBP. So people will know that if they're interested to join the specific topic that is loved by the admin. (If possible, favorited by moderator too)

The reason for this not existing is fairly simple....Admins/Mods/Staff don't wanna be treated that differently to anyone else. While it is true that all staff have responsibilities, we try our best to not make it seem like we view ourselves higher then others. A feature like that could lend to that view point in some peoples eyes, which is probably why it doesn't exist.

• Brohoof 1