Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Football season is here

theparkourpony

Well i had my first day of practice for the season today and honestly it kicked my ass but I had more in me and felt like shit because I didn't give everything. So I looked for inspiration and I sure did find it. So I'm going to share the story that inspired me.

So I football player is looking for someone to help him make money for his football career. So he goes to this Guru. He says to the Guru " I want to be like you. Will you help me" . The Guru says back Yes meet me at the beach tomorrow. Well the next day the athlete is at the beach at 4:30 in the morning. And the guru tells him to go into the water. The athlete is skeptical and asks" How will this help me make money" but the Guru continues to lead him in the water until they are about chest deep. The Guru then holds the athlete underwater for about a min or so . When the athlete comes up the Guru tells him." when you were under the water all you could think about is getting air. Well you need to want to succeed more than you want air.When you were under the water all you wanted was air you didn't think about parties, money, being, cool, or anything your only thought is you need air. Well when the day comes you want to succeed more than getting money or going to parties or anything else. you will succeed. You need to want to succeed more than you even want air"

• Brohoof 1

I didn't get it, But I'm stoked beyond belief. Football for me has been going for a about 2 months. Do you have a favorite team? a favorite NCAA team, preferably? I am a huge Auburn fan.

I was talking about High School too. Down here, Football and Baseball are everything. Even the principal at our school lets players off the hook if the missed something b/c of Football.

...Well now I'm starting to miss my Junior year of high school. I was a wide receiver. Not, like, prodigy material, but I definitely pulled my own weight. Fun sport to be in.

I'm a lineman, and let me tell you about pulling weight. The fattest guys on the team are expected to run as fast as Safeties and WRs, as well as hit an equally big wall of meat across the line of scrimmage. Oh, well. It just makes it that much more fun.

Yeah, I remember in practice they didn't go any easier on them just for their stockiness. Props to you, since you're one of them I'm guessing.