Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

So I'm getting a dog I think

Huntress

So I'm getting a dog soon and I've been looking into a German Shepherd, I would go through training, I'm looking for something really loyal but that will be super nice :)

Really loyal?  Avoid certain types of terriers.  (Not all, but certain ones that are antisocial.  Some terriers can be really cool though.)  I would recommend a lab.  Shepherds are good too though.  Than there's always the option to get a mixed breed.

• Brohoof 1

German Shepherds are generally great dogs as long as they're trained properly and get lots of exercise. Smart and friendly. They're large and strong, though, so it's really important that they're well trained and socialized as soon as possible with other people and dogs. A badly behaved German Shepherd can be dangerous.

The only other thing about German Shepherds is that the breed is prone to bad hip dysplasia.

So I'm getting a dog soon and I've been looking into a German Shepherd, I would go through training, I'm looking for something really loyal but that will be super nice :)

Cool! I seen German Shepherds they're really cool, the one that was trained and damn! He standed on his back legs and was as high as me. (I'm 5.5 feet tall)

Good luck with the dog :3

Expect it to be super hyper for a few years.  You will be the dogs world and he will be yours, whether you like it or not.

There are a few breeds I personally stay away from, that's one of them.

I have a German Shepherd and I love him. He can be a handful, but he is goofy and worth it all the time. He's almost two years old and weighs nearly a hundred pounds.

Sounds cool :)

If you wanted something a bit smaller and more fluffy then a cockerpoo (cocker spaniel and poodle cross) might be the a good option :) everyone I meet is lovely :D!