mega thread Why did you choose your avatar/profile pic?

~Rule 63~ Lyeco

Letitgo_zps50b7a8b2.png

Because it's probably not immediately obvious, it's a ponified version of Queen Elsa from the movie Frozen. The movie's become one of my recent obsessions, and this is the first bit of pony art I was able to find from it, and from one of my favorite artists no less. It had to be done :)

As for my current avatar: Ace has always been one of my favorite characters in One Piece ever since his first appearance, and his flashbacks were amazing on many levels.

His death was extremely sad but he sacrificed himself for his little brother and to me that speaks so much about his character. He didn't deserve to die. :blush:

EDIT: Now it's Wu Geng. Been reading Feng Shen Ji and it just keeps getting better and better. My boy Wu Geng really becoming badass <3

Edited by Freedan
  • Brohoof 1

Because I am best pony

(THAT WASN'T FUNNY)

I don't know. I guess I like displaying art people make for me as either my profile pic or signature. Credit to it goes out to @SwigglySwiggly and by the way (Thanks, guys. You rock!)

Edited by StevenEarthPony

For the most part, I usually switch to Rarity pics, as she's my all time favorite, but I stick with this one of a kind silver the hedgehog pic.

To me, silver is one of my all time favorite video game characters of all time, and the fact that I can relate to him, has powers and abilities of which I enjoy, and is very underrated makes him my definitive choice. 

• Brohoof 2

I wonder myself why I find an interest in this picture. It is very well drawn mind you though.... Does not mean I chose this because of Cheerilee's Garden because that story I did not really enjoy. Don't like to picture her character in that manner. 

But the expression in the drawing reminds me of a cold relentless, emotionless look... knowing that nothing can bring you down only if you let it. Sometimes you have to drown out the world around you to move forward and trust me there will be obstacles all around. Those eyes remind me of eyes of determination I suppose. Weird reason I like this drawing? We all interpret things differently.

My previous avatar was an AppleShy pic in honor of the recent Bats! episode. Well, this Saturday's episode is Pinkie Apple Pie which promises to feature plenty of AJ and Pinkie, so I figured an ApplePie avatar would make for a natural followup. I searched high and low for decent pics but I soon discovered just how little artwork there is of these two ponies together which is disappointing because I've always found them to be a highly entertaining duo. I was able to find a few standouts but ultimately I settled on this one because of its bright colors, fun cartoony style, and its Sweet Apple Acres setting which is always a favorite of mine. Winona is in this piece as well but I had to crop her out unfortunately. :/

The picture is titled Farm Gals by Lumdrop. The title is befitting since we know Applejack is a long time apple farmer and Pinkie Pie once worked on a rock farm when she was younger. While Applejack and Pinkie Pie have a lot of differences in their personalities, they both share a positive can-do outlook and have the entire town of Ponyville smitten with them! Not tomention they both have a hearty appetite for tasty treats. Whether it's cake or pie, you can expect these two to bake up delicious treats in the blink of an eye! And in addition to being the two earth ponies of the Mane Six, they might just be cousins too! I can't wait for the new episode! :)

Seriously bronies, I wanna see more ApplePie art in the future. Get on it. :okiedokielokie:

• Brohoof 2