Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A toast! A toast with cider!

~StatesTheOblivious~

Well, I finally bought some paper and pencils...

Not sure if it's good. Actually I have seen many better ones out here and I know what my mistakes are, but I simply lack in skill and practice, I guess. Or even in talent...

But anyways... Here, have one Applejack!

post-15746-0-35490400-1377106989_thumb.jpg

Criticism is welcome!

• Brohoof 8

Haha I like it man! It made me smile! Applejack's cheery expression there, along with the way she's holding out the cider, coincides nice. :P

If I had to make some suggestion and tips, maybe try and making her smile a little more smaller. It seems like she's showing too much teeth there for a smile. Maybe make her hooves and some of her body less boxy? Less angles, more curves. Hooves should also be slightly wider towards the end than they are at where they join the body.

Her eyes seem a little weird, but all I can say there is give it some more practice. I'm not that good with drawing pony eyes either. :P

Overall, it looks really cute! I smiled when I saw this! Plus it makes me want to go and get some cider. ^_^ haha

Edited by Sanderspie
  • Brohoof 1

Well I'm not gonna lie, there's a lot to work in here. The nose, the hoof and the eyes are the most important ones I see that you would need to improve in this one. Though the mane is pretty good, and I like cider there :P

• Brohoof 1

It looks pretty good! What you need to do though is stop using so many straight lines. Ponies are mostly made up of curves and in your drawing in a lot of places that there should be curves there is a straight line (hence the bottom of her head, her leg, etc.) It looks pretty good though! I like her facial expression and you did a good job on the cider!

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@, Thanks! Yeah, the edge-thing is something I tend to do quite often, I was never good with rounder things... damn, I didn't even notice the hooves being wrong... But a smile? Gosh, I'm bad! That are not supposed to be teeth, just an open mouth...

@@Jokuc, Thank you. I tried do draw heads a few times now and I always kinda mess up.

@@NocturnalRainbow, Thanks! I know, curves are not my strong point. I tend to use straight lines because it's easier for me since I have a slight tremor.

Edited by StatesTheOblivious

If I'm interpreting this right, this was your first attempt at drawing, yes? In that case I need to ask, why you didn't try it earlier. :P

For a first try it turned out pretty well IMHO. ( I'm not the one to judge this, since I'm a noob at drawing myself :derp:)

Sure, the left leg turned out a bit angular and the muzzle needs some final touch, but in general it looks quite good. Great job!

• Brohoof 1

Oh boy, how to say it?

Its very solid for a first pic, your linework is pretty clean, which helps a lot.

The anatomy needs work though: face proportions, joints in the foreleg and so on.

Let me be the one to introduce you to the chart that helped many an aspiring artist on his journey 8including yours truly).

post-3492-0-29785400-1340238296_thumb.jpg

Apart from that the best advice I can give you is just keep drawing.

Hope we'll see more of you in the future.

• Brohoof 1