Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you like to spread on toast / bread?

James A Williams

Plain buttered toast is nice. If I had to pick just one food to eat for the rest of my life, it would probably be buttered toast.

Vegemite on toast is nice too.

And cheese on toast. Especially interesting cheeses like brie (pictured above) or stilton. (Stilton is a little too strong for cheese on toast by itself though; you ideally want something like a 50/50 stilton/red leicester mixture for perfect stilton on toast.)

Croque monsieur is very tasty if I can be bothered to make bechemel sauce.

Peanut butter is good too, though we rarely have any in the house. Only tend to buy it if I'm making a satay sauce. Then use the rest up on toast over the next couple of weeks.

I occasionally have hummous on toast too.

Those are about the only things I ever have on toast.

Butter. I used to like it when my grandma put jelly on it, too, but I haven't had it since she passed away. I don't know when I'll try it again. =(

• Brohoof 1

I f**king love Nutella or hazelnut / chocolate spread.

What about you? Do you have jam, pâté or just plain old butter?

I could spread that on my toast in tons. I could drown in Nutella.

Me, I am generic but simple. Either butter or jelly, either goes good on toasted or non-toasted bread. Sometimes I like putting garlic on bread and making it a different way, to make it more like, well, garlic bread. That's about as exotic as I'll go. :P

img-3442939-1-Fromage-2%20jours.jpg

Eh, what did you expect, I'm French. :proud:

Woah. :o

One of these days I have to try Nutella but my standby tends to be peanut butter.

Nutella tastes great.  I've even combined it with peanut butter before, so PB need not be left out. xD

Apple butter, peanut butter (sometimes I'll plop some halved green olives onto that thing, too), liverwurst, or (though it's not exactly spreadable xD ) I'll sometimes put ground turkey bathed in spaghetti sauce onto toast.

Edited by Ziggy and Angelbaby