Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

[UPDATE: RARITY] The New and Improved Thread: Special Edition

Orablanco Account

Back in May 2013, when I was just starting to draw ponies for kicks, a criticism I was consistently seeing, and still sometimes see, was the height and slenderness of the ponies. It threw a lot of people off, and the suggestion that was being hurled at me bu the masses was to make the ponies a bit shorter and stouter.

So I did just that, but to a comical extreme.

I wouldn't say it "took off" but these stupid drawings became popular in some circles, so I kept feeding the beast until all of our patience and sanity was spent. But the recent rediscovery of Princess Cadence has got some people requesting more.

So I've created this singular thread to post new drawings in the New and Improved Saga, along with vectors and Special Editions of older drawings in an attempt to bring them closer to my more refined, still kind of crappy style.

Not going to be updated regularly, but expect some more stuff here soon. In the meantime, have a newly vectored New and Improved Spitfire, aka, the most navel-tastic pony who ever lived.

QirX98i.png

Quick question, though: should I be uloading these to deviantART in the near future, or is it a bit too strange outside our weirdo community we got going on the forums?

Edited by CITRUS KING46
  • Brohoof 11

Back in May 2013, when I was just starting to draw ponies for kicks, a criticism I was consistently seeing, and still sometimes see, was the height and slenderness of the ponies.

That's the best thing about your drawings bro. I love this Spitfire vector! IT's awesome! Oh, and totally upload them onto Deviant Art. People will love them!

• Brohoof 1

DeviantART is loaded with weirdo art :P Feel more than free to put it up there. I will favorite it for sho. Color has brought Chubbyfire even more beauty.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I'm about to share a secret with you: I never really liked the original N+I Rarity image. It looked weird, and not in the way it was suppose to. The mane and tail were just wretched and the face...I don't even know what was going on with the face. Even MatrixChicken's superb vectors couldn't fix the fundamental problems with the drawing.

So here's my remake of New and Improved Best Pony Rarity/Stay Puft Rarity Belle.

lFdaBgm.png

Pissed off Rarity is Best Rarity.

Edited by CITRUS KING46
  • Brohoof 11

These are hilarious! They gave me a good laugh.
In fact, I believe I have a Derpy one somewhere around my room. I'll have to clean it up and post it. :P
I do have a question about these, though. Why do their flanks disappear? Is that intentional? :huh:

• Brohoof 1

These are hilarious! They gave me a good laugh.

In fact, I believe I have a Derpy one somewhere around my room. I'll have to clean it up and post it. :P

I do have a question about these, though. Why do their flanks disappear? Is that intentional? :huh:

I used to sorta draw flank-y shapes on these, but they disipated over time. Maybe the flanks arebeing enveloped into the body...?

Why, should there be flanks?

I used to sorta draw flank-y shapes on these, but they disipated over time. Maybe the flanks arebeing enveloped into the body...? Why, should there be flanks?

Ahh. :lol:
I was just wondering. It's up to you as the artist, although you could put up a poll if you aren't sure. :P
However you make them, I'm sure they'll still be funny.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

*Puffs on pipe and sets it down*

Beautiful.

No other way to put it.

Actually, there is.

Spitfire is Fatastic.

And Rarity is Big, Round, and Bodacious.

Both of them probably look back on their thin past with shame, wondering why they ever wanted to be skinny in the first place.

But uh... heh, I think Rarity does miss being able to actually walk.

mlfw504_130859083440.jpg

• Brohoof 1