Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are there videogames in Equestria?

Zacharias

Hey! Back with something more positive sooo... what do you think, are there videogames in equestria? (And I don't mean arcade machines) And if so, what are they called? The Neightendo entertainment system, and the Ponystation?

In my personal headcanon, video games exist in Equestria and are largely the same as the are here on Earth. I mean, occasionally there'll be a game which pertains heavily to certain specific scenarios (alliteration ftw) in the real world, which I'll feel the need to ponify, but in general I just think of them being pretty much identical.

• Brohoof 2

Pony technology seems about all over the place.  They have flashlights and toasters but seem to be missing certain things like electrical lights.  That of course is assuming my memory is correct.  Still, I haven't seen a pony TV yet so I don't think video games are too likely.

• Brohoof 2

Well, there are certainly arcade machines as indicated in the Perfect Stallion song, but I'm not sure if there's more than that. There very well could be though, hopefully we'll get at least a few more hints of something in season 4. :yay:

• Brohoof 4

I would personnaly love to see the cutie mark cursaders try to be professional gamers.  :catface:

(One of the coolest things that could happen next season)

• Brohoof 1

A lot of technology is existent in Equestria, we did see an arcade game in Hearts and Hooves Day during the ''Perfect Stallion'' song where you see Button Mash playing a game on the arcade game machine.

Edited by Scootalove

Notice that you never actually see the screen of one of those games. They might be some kind of pinball or some mechanical game. I don't think the ponies are supposed to have electronics at all.

Also, were these machines get their electricity to work?

It's most likely only a mechanical game, or logic just went off lol.

Anyway, I hope there is no video games in this world, there is much more interesting to do.

Now, everyone you see in the streets are watching their cellphones.

Also, were these machines get their electricity to work?

It's most likely only a mechanical game, or logic just went off lol.

Anyway, I hope there is no video games in this world, there is much more interesting to do.

Now, everyone you see in the streets are watching their cellphones.

I assume that all technology in Equestria runs on magic. To me, it seems to be Equestria's equivalent to electricity. That is how Twilight runs her science equipment.

You guys have to recognize the arcade games that the young colt was playing when Sweetie Belle was singing about Cheerilee and Hearts and Hooves Day! He was playing arcade games! If you don't include them in the definition, then it could be that there aren't video games. If arcade games are included, then yes there definitely are video games in Equestria.

yes there's some videogames in Equestria

Super pony Bros

Ponic the hedgehog

Hitpony

Grand Theft Pony: Canterlot City

Megapony x

Gears of Pony

Metal gear Pony

Ponyball Z Budokai Tenkaichi

Silent Poniville

and so many others

yes there's some videogames in Equestria

Super pony Bros

Ponic the hedgehog

Hitpony

Grand Theft Pony: Canterlot City

Megapony x

Gears of Pony

Metal gear Pony

Ponyball Z Budokai Tenkaichi

Silent Poniville

and so many others

Fanon =/= canon.

I don't think there are, based on how Equestria so far hasn't had any technology outside of gags in the show. Button Mash was cool, yes, but as @@Fluttershutter mentioned, we never see the display so we don't know what he was playing (although the single button and joystick, to me, implies it's a scrolling shooter, like what you'd find at an arcade all the time in the 1980s and '90s.)

In one of the comics, I think it's the Rainbow Dash micro series one, there is a reporter on a TV screen. It's true that the technology seems to be inconsistent. They do have electricity and steam power. I think that magic has taken place of technology in some respects. They have no need to invent certain things due to the magic. Also, it may be a cultural choice for them to prefer the simpler life, at least in Ponyville.

I'd buy a Ponystation. How about a Game Colt Advance? .....Ok that's the only one I could think of.

• 3 years later...