Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music TheBronyHeart's Piano and Violin music thread

TheBronyHeart

Hello everyone, TheBronyHeart here! :D  Welcome to The Piano and violin music thread, where you can post and talk about all things Piano, and Violin.(Especially when they are combined. <3 )

I feel that many of us can agree that no other instruments can come close to the emotions that can be conveyed through pianos and violins. 

I'll start by posting some of my favorites.

Ah Piano and Violin music...Some of the most tranquil and beautiful pieces of musical goodness.

I love the whole atmosphere if this song.

^The piano conversion of this is just amazing.

This really reminds me...I need to get more music like this.

• Brohoof 2

Piano! I've been playing it for 15 years. (I'm 17...) I love that instrument, and the way in which it's impacted music. Most artists nowadays owe their success to the piano, because the keyboard wouldn't have been developed from the piano!

I was half expecting To Zanarkand to have already been posted, but my favourite piece has to be from Schubert. Some of Schubert's impromptus have that real classical essence and emotion, specifically this one, my all-time favourite:

• Brohoof 1

You have no idea how much I adore the violin, in fact, when I'm older, I plan on learning it. It's just an amazing instrument. The piano is also a great one...but here are some of my personal favorites, I'll post one for three sections:

Violin:

Oh, Classical Music...I love you so. 

Piano:

I absolutely adore the song, "Mad World", so combining it with one of my favorite instruments makes it all the more better. In fact, Mad World is my favorite song of all time.

Combined:

This sounds rather lovely.

• Brohoof 1

Ok some of you haven't even touched the surface of the beauty of piano and violin music. Here's some very beautiful ones I found:

Chopin at his most mature. So much chord progressions and key changes. So much angst and warmth.

So much angst in this one. Saint-Saens at the peak of his emotional sadness.

The entire violin concerto is a staple of violin repertoire. It has it all. Warmth, giddiness, nostalgia, soul.

Edited by Sterling Crimson
  • Brohoof 1

Ok some of you haven't even touched the surface of the beauty of piano and violin music. Here's some very beautiful ones I found:   Chopin at his most mature. So much chord progressions and key changes. So much angst and warmth.  
 Hmmmm... I find the first piece really sporadic and hectic. It doesn't really give out a strong emotional vibe, as if he is just playing the piano, instead of expressing himself through the piano. But that is just me.

Hmmmm... I find the first piece really sporadic and hectic. It doesn't really give out a strong emotional vibe, as if he is just playing the piano, instead of expressing himself through the piano. But that is just me.

I'm glad you took note of that. It's actually partially improvised. In the sense that Chopin was testing out the waters with his chord progressions. At the same time, if you take the different compartments of the pieces, you can hear the warmth and depth one strives to bring out in the Chopin Fantasie. It's very abstract and mature to say the least. 

• Brohoof 1

I'm glad you took note of that. It's actually partially improvised. In the sense that Chopin was testing out the waters with his chord progressions. At the same time, if you take the different compartments of the pieces, you can hear the warmth and depth one strives to bring out in the Chopin Fantasie. It's very abstract and mature to say the least. 

Could you perhaps provide more examples of his work that explore his style much more? Oh, and I agree, that Violin piece was superb.

Sure thing! I've practiced on the piano for 11 years! I can show you all sorts of repertoire! 

How about this one? It's called a Scherzo. Typically, they're light hearted and twinkle like Pixie Dust. For Chopin, he twists the meaning. Imagine a little demon instead. Or a snickering monster... Or a sly jester... Enjoy.

There's also a sense of warmth in the middle section and the D flat part where the right hand plays this beautifully seductive melody while the left hand acts as extra colour.

Edited by Sterling Crimson
  • Brohoof 1

• 10 months later...