Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Bronyette

Write them down and google them to get a better definition, H2O style. Red seems to be oxygen, black carbon and green hydrogen. White is probably nitrogen.

I think Oxygen is red and Carbon is Black... for the rest I'd have to guess...  the green one probably has to be hydrogen but I'm not entirely sure on the white one... never heard of CN4, then again, I always sucked on chemistry. If it exists, then yes, it's gotta be Nitrogen.

Can anyone tell me what ethese atomic compounds are called?

Placement order please

Thank you!

Had chemisty in high school while it was and imo still is interesting we didn't learn much. Teacher useless and talked to different groups 3/4 of the time. Lot of days it was pretty much free time to do w/e. Read so many mangas and played lots of pokemon in that class. Still not as fun as Spanish class which I took to the extreme in time wasting. :D

Never even seen these models before. So with that I'm frankly just going to guess.

1. C2O3H4 (this comes up as Glycolic or Peracetic acid in google but the models do not match the picture)

2. I want to say C2O3H6 but because there are long greens and short greens this is probably incorrect

3. Water H2O

Green - Hydrogen

Red - Oxygen

White  -

Black - I'd like to say Carbon

White -

Yellow -

Other posters might want to considering thus format to make it easier on completing these problems. :)

There is Wolframalpha.com but I'm unfamiliar with using it.

• Black = carbon
  • White = hydrogen
  • Red = oxygen
  • Yellow = sulfur
  • Green = fluorine, chlorine (unknown? i keep getting different ones for green but for now I'll assume it's one or the other esecpially since it always has a halogen listed)
  • Nitrogen = blue which I felt the need to mention since eveyone is assuming it's a different color when it's not

I've found the basic model that is being used online and above is what is commonly picked for each color, green is the only one I'm unsure about.

So, judging by the pictures:

1 is

2 is

3 is Dichlorine monoxide. (C102)

4 is Methane. (CH4)

5 is

The other three are giving me some trouble so I'll edit this when I find them out.

Pretty sure that's cyanide.

CN- is cyanide. CN4 is cyanazide but it has a different structure.

Bayonetta's list is right. Green can be any halogen.

1. 3,3,5,5-tetraX-1,2,4-trioxolane X could be fluoro, chloro or whatever

2. 1,3-bistriXmethyl-trioxidane

3. Dichlorine monoxide or maybe Oxygen difluoride?

4. Methane

5. Not sure

This is hard. Can you tell us what the halogen is? Or if you guys are using a different model? Maybe someone who knows chem better can help.

Hi ! I've merged your thread with an existing mega-thread dedicated to homework help. :) Good luck on your assignment!

Science history language arts if you need it

I had a very big book on those symbols but the one with 3 molecules is water or h2o sorry dont have my book with me I took it out of my backpack Facepalm combo x2.

@, I'm not quite sure what you are specifically looking for, but here's my guess (after a nice google search and some of my periodic tables from Chem class :D)

1. Dihydroxyacetaldehyde

2. Ethanetriol

3. Water! (Dihydrogen Monoxide)

4. Cyanazide

5. I have no clue what yellow is supposed to be.

These are my guesses with green as hydrogen, black as carbon, red as oxygen, and white as nitrogen.

Any good ways to remember trig identities? I hate mnonimics (however you spell that darn thing), any other way?

Well, the definition of "mnemonic" is "something that helps you remember". I'm assuming you mean that you don't like the common

SOHCAHTOA stuff and ritual chants.

I actually like to derive some of the trig identities. Certainly all of the Pythagorean identities (the ones that come from cos2+sin2=1). Just divide by one term or another and simplify.

I'm afraid I don't know any good ones for the (co)sine of sums/differences or the half/double angles. I guess I just remember them from repeated use. (Note: not memorization, but from practice. Makes a big difference for long-term retention, I believe.) You can derive tangent of sum/difference from those for sine and cosine, though it's a little trickier to do.

Is there one in particular you're worried about?

• Brohoof 1

Well, the definition of "mnemonic" is "something that helps you remember". I'm assuming you mean that you don't like the common

SOHCAHTOA stuff and ritual chants.

I actually like to derive some of the trig identities. Certainly all of the Pythagorean identities (the ones that come from cos2+sin2=1). Just divide by one term or another and simplify.

I'm afraid I don't know any good ones for the (co)sine of sums/differences or the half/double angles. I guess I just remember them from repeated use. (Note: not memorization, but from practice. Makes a big difference for long-term retention, I believe.) You can derive tangent of sum/difference from those for sine and cosine, though it's a little trickier to do.

Is there one in particular you're worried about?

Ritual chants...best way I've heard it put.

I like deriving stuff - actually, half my physics formulas I don't memorize, I derive them when I'm doing the problem. Unless the formulas are easy, like the electricity current/power/etc. stuff, or the formulas are hard to derive.

I haven't gotten to the really complex ones yet; most of 'em I just learn by repetition in practice. Like I learn language. Or physics. Or mathematics. Or practically anything. It's a wonder how I can read something over and over again, but when I write a summary of a book or work a math problem, everything clicks together.

Back on topic: I'll take what you said, repetition and practice. It'll be the most easy way.

Ritual chants...best way I've heard it put.
My math teacher quite literally said one day: "Today I'm going to teach you a ritualistic chant."

It's a wonder how I can read something over and over again, but when I write a summary of a book or work a math problem, everything clicks together.
 Yes, I know just what you mean. There's quite a rift between theory and practice, and doing things yourself helps bridge it. That rift is basically why engineers are not the same as scientists.

Good luck!

• Brohoof 1

@@Knight Hadron, Oh gosh NOT THE TRIG IDENTITIES. We just finished our unit that was based solely on them XD I'm not sure if there really is an easy way to try to remember them. For me, practicing writing them really drives it into my head. I will try to remember them off of the top of my head and write them myself, and if I am stuck, I look at it and continue writing it. Eventually, even if it takes many tries, I will be able to write them down off of my memory, and then my mind sorta connects stuff with other stuff... Like I will just remember "addition formula for cos... double - double.It's just the constant writing and small stuff like that that helps me out.

• Brohoof 1

This isn't really homework but I'm wondering if anyone can help me learn Icelandic. I know there are a few Islandic users here.

Things is, I do plan on visiting Iceland some day and quite possibly settle there.

I'm only getting started so being able to properly pronounce the letters of the alphabet is still on the agenda. I just need someone to make sure I'm pronouncing things correctly.

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

I could help. I'm generally very good in mathematics and science. I'm only highschool 3/9th grade though, so the help I can give may be inadequate.

Carbon tri something. By convention, black=carbon, but I forgot what the white stands for.

Edit: it's methane

Edited by MCAsomm

I'v got to retake a course in Calculus, but the reason I struggle with it is because I don't have a very good foundation in college algebra. So can anyone point me in the right direction on the major parts of college algebra (or algebra in general) that play a part in Calculus?

I figure I should try to brush up on things and do better this time around. Math being cumulative and all that.

So can anyone point me in the right direction on the major parts of college algebra

I can help. Message me if you have any specific questions. I would suggest going to the library or on Amazon and buying a cheap algebra book. You will also need trigonometry if you want to do calculus. 

I've got a Precalc CLEP test coming up in the late summer, so I can take calculus at the local college next fall. However, I have not finished Trig yet (I know the basics but nothing complex) and my Algebra II class didn't cover everything I believe it should. Any ideas on how to best study and catch up with mathematics? I'm not struggling with math, I just had a curriculum that didn't cover all it should have covered. I'm in a math team, so I'm not illiterate mathematically, I just need to pick up the slack in my education.