• Cindy Morrow
    • Meghan McCarthy
    • Chris Savino
    • Charlotte Fullerton
    • M.A. Larson
    • Dave Polsky
    • Merriwether Williams
    • Corey Powell
  2. 2. Who is your least favourite writer for My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic?

• Lauren Faust
    • Amy Keating Rogers
    • Cindy Morrow
    • Meghan McCarthy
    • Chris Savino
    • Charlotte Fullerton
    • M.A Larson
    • Dave Polsky
    • Merriwether Williams
    • Corey Powell

Which writer is best writer?

The following is a list of the episode titles and the name of the person who wrote the episode:

Lauren Faust

- Friendship is Magic Part 1
- Friendship is Magic Part 2
- The Ticket Master (with Amy Keating Rogers)

Amy Keating Rogers

- The Ticket Master (with Lauren Faust)
- Applebuck Season
- Bridle Gossip
- Fallweather Friends
- A Dog and Pony Show
- The Best Night Ever
- The Cutie Pox
- The Last Roundup
- A Friend in Deed
- MMMystery on the Friendship Express

Cindy Morrow

- Griffon the Brush Off
- Winter Wrap Up
- The Show Stoppers
- Owl's Well That Ends Well
- Sisterhooves Social
- Family Appreciation Day
- Read It and Weep
- Hurricane Fluttershy
- One Bad Apple
- Apple Family Reunion

Meghan McCarthy

- Dragonshy
- Call of the Cutie
- Green Isn't Your Colour
- Party of One
- Lesson Zero
- Sweet and Elite
- Hearts and Hooves Day
- A Canterlot Wedding Part 1 & Part 2
- The Crystal Empire Part 1 & Part 2

Chris Savino

- Boast Busters
- The Stare Master

Charlotte Fullerton

- Look Before You Sleep
- Suited for Success
- A Bird in the Hoof
- May the Best Pet Win
- Baby Cakes
- Putting Your Hoof Down (with Merriwether Williams)

M.A. Larson

- Swarm of the Century
- Sonic Rainboom
- The Cutie Mark Chronicles
- The Return of Harmony Part 1 & Part 2
- Luna Eclipsed
- Secret of My Excess
- The Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000
- It's About Time
- Ponyville Confidential
- Magic Duel
- Magical Mystery Cure

Dave Polsky

- Feeling Pinkie Keen
- Over A Barrel
- Too Many Pinkie Pies
- Spike At Your Service (with Merriwether Williams)
- Keep Calm and Flutter On
- Games Ponies Play

Merriwether Williams

- The Mysterious Mare-Do-Well
- Hearth Warming's Eve
- Putting Your Hoof Down (with Charlotte Fullerton)
- Dragon Quest
- Wonderbolt Academy
- Spike At Your Service (with Dave Polsky)

Corey Powell

- Sleepless in Ponyville
- Just For Sidekicks
Edited by DashForever
Updated to include Season 3
  • Brohoof 1

Even though "Charlotte Fullerton" wrote my favorite episode M. A. Larson wrote the best so yeah. obvious.

I honestly don't have a least favorite episode, nor a least favorite episode writer, but I just chose a writer of one of the ones I didn't like as much. I feel horrible for it now, lol...

Edited by LightningWing

All of them have written both great and mediocre episodes, but overall I'd have to go with Amy Keating Rogers, with Meghan McCarthy as a close second.

And like Vicke, I can't pick a a worst. I guess Lauren Faust has written my least favorite episodes, but it just feels wrong to insult the creator of the show like that...

For best episode writer, I felt I had to give the title to Amy Keating Rogers. M.A. Larson does come in at a close second, but look at Rogers' credits...she just wrote far too many great episodes. M.A. Larson wrote plenty of good episodes too, but I still had to go with Rogers.

For worst episode writer, I honestly didn't want to give this to anyone except Merriweather Williams. Whilst Hearth's Warming Eve was a fantastic episode...Williams also wrote Mysterious Mare Do Well. I'm sorry, but that's enough to sink you to the bottom, Williams.

• Brohoof 2

It's between Megan McCarthy, M. A Larson and Amy Keating Rogers, but I had to vote for Megan

This.

As for the worst writer, I don't really know. All the writers have written both great and not so great episodes, so I don't really have a least favourite writer.

Amy Keating Rogers by a whisker over M.A. Larson. Rogers wrote, among the episodes I enjoy the most, "A Dog and Pony Show", "The Best Night Ever", and "A Friend In Deed". The latter episode really moves her to the top of my list. On the other hoof, Larson is responsible for "The Return of Harmony", "Luna Eclipsed", and "SSCS 6000". Still, my vote is with Rogers.

The worst writer? I wasn't too terribly impressed with Polsky's work. "Over a Barrel" wasn't a bad episode (though I don't hold it up as a gold standard), but "Feeling Pinkie Keen" was poorly executed.

M.A Larson would have to be my favorite writer of the bunch. Majority of the episodes he's witten have been some of my favorites, with the rest being more "meh" than bad. Worst though? Ummm...all have written atleast one bad/meh episode by this point, so I can't really say if one inparticular is truly terrible.

I don't know if I'd say he's the BEST writer, but I really want to see Dave Polsky write some more episodes. He wrote my personal favorite episode, "Over A Barrel". It was really disappointing for me to find out that he hasn't done any episode for season 2. Hopefully they'll bring him back for season 3.

I'd say Keating Rogers & M.A. Larson. Combined they both wrote some great episodes in my opinion and together they've been an unstoppable force in creating some of the best content for the show.

M.A. Larson is my favorite writer. Sonic Rainboom is my favorite episode, and many of my other favorites were written by him. Amy Keating Rogers is a close second, though.

As for worst, I have to vote for Merriwether Williams. Mare Do Well was horrible, and the parts of Hearth's Warming Eve that weren't the play were bad.

• Brohoof 1

M.A. Larson is my favorite writer. Sonic Rainboom is my favorite episode, and many of my other favorites were written by him. Amy Keating Rogers is a close second, though.

As for worst, I have to vote for Merriwether Williams. Mare Do Well was horrible, and the parts of Hearth's Warming Eve that weren't the play were bad.

Tbh, I really can't say any of the episodes were horrible, even though I have to admit some episodes were a bit boring and honestly weren't nearly the best at all. Edited by LightningWing

Tbh, I really can't say any of the episodes were horrible, even though I have to admit some episodes were a bit boring and honestly weren't nearly the best at all.

I guess that you are a better person than I, my friend. ;)

• Brohoof 1

I voted for Amy Keating Rogers, but Meghan McCarthy and M.A. Larson are also fantastic.

I was tempted to vote for Cindy Morrow for worst writer (mostly for the Show Stoppers...), but the truth is that she's written some really good episodes too (ie Griffon the Brush-Off, Winter Wrap-Up, Sisterhooves Social, Read it and Weep).

I voted for Merriwether Williams because while I didn't dislike Mysterious Mare Do Well nearly as much as many others, it's still towards the bottom of my list, and Hearth's Warming Eve isn't THAT much better of an episode. I'll still give her a chance for future episodes, but for now... sorry lady. I had to vote for someone...

• Brohoof 1