• Cindy Morrow
    • Meghan McCarthy
    • Chris Savino
    • Charlotte Fullerton
    • M.A. Larson
    • Dave Polsky
    • Merriwether Williams
    • Corey Powell
  2. 2. Who is your least favourite writer for My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic?

• Lauren Faust
    • Amy Keating Rogers
    • Cindy Morrow
    • Meghan McCarthy
    • Chris Savino
    • Charlotte Fullerton
    • M.A Larson
    • Dave Polsky
    • Merriwether Williams
    • Corey Powell

Cindy Morrow is probably my favorite writer, her season 2 episodes are some of my favorites in the series and her season 1 and 3 episodes were also great.

Least favorite is probably Chris Savino, I didn't like Boast Busters and Stare Master was ok at best, plus he introduced Snips and Snails, which isn't exactly something to be proud of

• 2 months later...

I didn't really find a thread where we can talk about our favorite writer on the show's staff; so I made one. If there is one, go ahead and combine it with the original, if you would do so kindly, mods. 

My two favorites would be:

1. Meghan McCarthy

2. M.A. Larson

Meghan McCarthy because she wrote my favorite episode (Sweet and Elite), but also wrote Dragonshy, Call of the Cutie, Party of One, Lesson Zero, A Canterlot Wedding, and the Crystal Empire.

M.A. Larson because he wrote Sonic Rainboom, The Cutie Mark Chronicles, The Return of Harmony, Ponyville Confidential and Magical Mystery Cure.

So, who's everyone's favorite writer(s) and which episodes were your favorite that they wrote. 

She's only done a couple episodes thus far, but Corey is easily listed in my favorite others book for making Scootalove canon. After her, I tend to enjoy Larson. He did Return of Harmony Parts 1 & 2, as well as numerous other episodes I enjoyed a lot. In fact, the only episode he's done that I didn't like was Ponyville Confidential; but I only hated that due to too much Diamond Tiara :P

I didn't really find a thread where we can talk about our favorite writer on the show's staff; so I made one. If there is one, go ahead and combine it with the original, if you would do so kindly, mods. 

Also, I did find such a thread :3 Merged them for you.

• Brohoof 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Meghan McCarthy is probably my favorite MLP episode writer for writing Party of One, Sweet and Elite, and A Canterlot Wedding. Merriwether Williams is an okay writer but, she did write Wonderbolts Academy and Dragon Quest which are one of my favorite episodes.

So to put it short, my least favorite writer would be Chris Savino. Oh and, M.A. Larson is another one of my favorite writers.

Merriwether Williams is my least favorite.  I didn't hate MMDW, but it was a weak episode.  I actually though Hearts Warming Eve was a great episode.  The episode I liked least was Spike at your service, so that really made me vote the way I did.

M.A Larson is my favorite.  All of his episodes are very strong ones.  Ponyville Confidential being one of my favorites.  

Didn't see this thread when I created mine so I'll just paste my opinion from there to here. :P 

Personally, I was surprised to see that Meghan McCarthy actually wrote my favorite and least favorite episodes in the whole show. The older things she did were great but the newer stuff (including Equestria Girls) has just been awful so even though it might be cheating I think I have to vote her as the best and worst. :)

Favorite: Dave Polsky, please don't shoot me. He wrote Feeling Pinkie Keen (favorite Season 1 episode) and the script for Keep Calm and Flutter On (favorite Season 3 episode), and I also dig the bubbly, goofy feel of his episodes. I also love M.A. Larson, Amy Keating Rogers, and Meghan McCarthy's episodes in general, like a lot of people.

Least Favorite: Mmh. If I had to choose, Cindy Morrow. Yeah, I agree she's had her shining moments with episodes like Sisterhooves Social, Read it and Weep, and Hurricane Fluttershy, but she's also written Griffon the Brush-off (least favorite season 1 episode), Family Appreciation Day (second least favorite Season 2 episode), and One Bad Apple (least favorite season 3 episode).

I'm gonna have to just say M.A larson i guess. Lots of good episodes out of him/her?(not sure frankly.)

of course i really just like episodes, not necessarily certain writers ;p. 

Favorite: Dave Polsky, please don't shoot me. He wrote Feeling Pinkie Keen (favorite Season 1 episode) and the script for Keep Calm and Flutter On (favorite Season 3 episode), and I also dig the bubbly, goofy feel of his episodes. I also love M.A. Larson, Amy Keating Rogers, and Meghan McCarthy's episodes in general, like a lot of people.

Least Favorite: Mmh. If I had to choose, Cindy Morrow. Yeah, I agree she's had her shining moments with episodes like Sisterhooves Social, Read it and Weep, and Hurricane Fluttershy, but she's also written Griffon the Brush-off (least favorite season 1 episode), Family Appreciation Day (second least favorite Season 2 episode), and One Bad Apple (least favorite season 3 episode).

...Are you the anti-me? laugh.png

I'm not so sure why Merriweather Williams is listed as a least favorite anymore. She wrote two really good episodes (Wonderbolt Academy and Putting Your Hoof Down) and one good quality one (Hearth's Warming Eve). And if nothing else, she always has good pacing in her stuff. What do you mean nobody else liked Mare Do Well?

Edited by Stellafera
  • Brohoof 2

...Are you the anti-me? img-1996650-1-laugh.png

I'm not so sure why Merriweather Williams is listed as a least favorite anymore. She wrote two really good episodes (Wonderbolt Academy and Putting Your Hoof Down) and one good quality one (Hearth's Warming Eve). And if nothing else, she always has good pacing in her stuff. What do you mean nobody else liked Mare Do Well?

She also wrote the worst episode of all time, Spike at Your Service. Full of awful characterizations, unfunny jokes, an inconsistent premise, and the single most cliche plot ever.

I still don't think Spike At Your Service was as bad as everyone makes it sound, aside from the OoC Spike(who, imo, wasn't that bad), I feel that it had some of the mane 6's best moments in the show, which more than make up for some of the episode's shortcomings

Personally, my favorite writers depends on each season; I like Morrow's S1 and S3 episodes, but they don't hold a candle to her S2 episodes. I don't really care for Larson's S3 episodes compared to his S2 and especially his S1 episodes. On the other hand, Merriwether's S3 episodes feel were leagues better than her S2 episodes(of all of those episodes the only one I truly enjoyed were PYHD, whereas I loved both WA and SAYS). Polsky is probably the only writer who feels consistent with each episode

• Brohoof 1

...Are you the anti-me? img-1996650-1-laugh.png

I'm not so sure why Merriweather Williams is listed as a least favorite anymore. She wrote two really good episodes (Wonderbolt Academy and Putting Your Hoof Down) and one good quality one (Hearth's Warming Eve). And if nothing else, she always has good pacing in her stuff. What do you mean nobody else liked Mare Do Well?

Yes, I am the anti-you. My real name is Arefallets. Also yeah, Merriwether Williams is a very underappreciated writer. It's true that her style of humor is mean-spirited and that her characterizations aren't the most accurate, but that doesn't mean she can't tell a good story. You're not alone on Mare Do Well either, I honestly do like that one minus the lame-ass twist at the end.

• Brohoof 2

Favortie: Probably Meghan McCarthy, it was kind of a toss up between her and MA Larson but I perfer her since I find most of Larson's episodes good and I find most of McCarthy's really good. Though both seem to be in my opinion the best at balancing story and humor.

Least favorite: I'm gonna be predictable and say Merriwether Williams. The only episodes I liked from her were Wonderbolt Acadamy and Heart's Warming Eve was okay. I don't like Mare do well, Dragon Quest or Spike at your Service and I find parts of Putting your Hoff down hard to sit through

Lauren Faust is my favorite because her great writing is what got me into the series in the first place.

Merriwether Williams is the very worst for me.

The only episode of hers that I actually enjoyed was 'Wonderbolts Academy', which only had Spitfire's retcon and the ending disappoint me since the original was cut for time.

The thing that bothers me the most about her writing her writing is writing characters as jerks or over-exaggerating character flaws for plot development as well her overuse of cynicism within MLP.

For second I'd have to go with Luaren.  I go with her because both of the starting episode had a different atmosphere and kick started the series.  Honestly you just can't go wrong with the lady who was the driving force behind this show:

img-1145753-1-270px-Powerpuff_girls_char

Or this show:

img-1145753-2-fosters-home-for-imaginary

Chris Savino was a big time writer(that actually did great work) on both shows, and he was absolutely horrendous on FiM.

• 1 year later...

I'm rather surprised to see Amy Keating Roger's results. I thought she would be easily last place. She wrote both of my least favorite episodes, The Last Roundup and The Best Night Ever, where Applejack and Fluttershy (respectively) act completely out of character.

I did grow respect for Dave Polsky during Season 4, as he wrote my favorite episode, Rarity Takes Manehattan, and 2 of my other favorites from S4, Sweetie Belle Toils and Equestria Games, but after looking back at his previous work and Appleoosa's Most Wanted, he went back down.

But, my favorite would probs be Amy Keating Rogers. Most of her episodes I really liked, such as Applebuck Season, Pinkie Pride (my second favorite episode), The Best Night Ever, Testing Testing 123, I could go on.

My least favorite though would probably be Corey Powell. I liked Inspiration Manifestion, but I feel Sleepless in Ponyville, Just for Sidekicks and Rainbow Falls were simply.. subpar. Especially the latter.

Well I've always like Dave Polsky personally since he wrote my favorite episode, Keep Calm and Flutter On.  That being said, his weakest entry was probably Appleoosa's Most Wanted.  Amy Keating Rogers is in a very close second right now.  Loved both of their work.  So sad to see AKR going to Disney though.

Also this poll is really out of date  :lol:

(edited)

The genius who wrote Read It and Weep...

...Cindy Morrow apparently.

McCarthy is awesome too.

Edited by Blobulle

(edited)

I don't have a least favorite writer so I can't finish that poll. But my favorite is Lauren Faust from the beginning all the way babey!

laurenfaust_3174.jpg

Edited by cidershield