76 users have voted

1. 1. Do you (still) play Minecraft?

• Yes
    • Off and on
    • Once in awhile
    • Once in a great awhile
    • No;I retired from Minecraft
    • No;I don't have it

Nah, not really anymore. Ever since it got released as a full game, I've played it less and less. By now, I've completely lost track on what updates have happened and what's new. Although, this is probably because of the fact my laptop can't run it too great, so I guess that's been an issue. I'd love to get back into again though, I was obsessed with it when it was back in early Beta stages.

• Brohoof 1

Well the thing is, I am from Sweden and I started playing Minecraft way before most of you people. I mean, I even started playing it before it got popular here in Sweden. So I had played Minecraft for a good while, and by the time it got popular in the rest of the world, I felt that I got a bit bored of it. So I stopped playing Minecraft for a while there but then there came new updates which made the game interesting again. I started playing, and I played it a lot! But there came a bunch of new updates which I couldn't keep up with and it all got a bit boring, plus the game changed so much, it was not the same anymore. I believe the best time in Minecraft for me was around 1.7.3 BETA. That was when I liked it as most. I stopped playing and now just two weeks ago or something I started playing a little bit again. It's not as it used to be, but it's still a bit fun. However I don't play much anymore because when Minecraft was young, you were proud of your builds and you could show it to people. Now, there are so many mod tools which makes it so easy to build and it's not as fun anymore.

• 2 months later...

Yes, I do on occasion. Klopp and I make our own personal server and play together, building worlds and using a bunch of ridiculous mods we can get together. We like ones that expand the world vastly and add new areas to explore, as well as ones that add new mobs. Just... anything that adds loads of content is fun, really. Since I got into mods, I haven't been able to play vanilla as it seems boring by comparison. We also like to use the Mine Little Pony to change the player models and a furry player model as well 'cause humans are boring.

We're probably going to be getting into it again, and plan on starting a Let's Play on Youtube at some point.

Every now and then my friends and I rent a server and install a bigass modpack on it and play until it gets boring. Then we do it again with a fresh world when the modpack updates or when we find a new modpack. The problem with this is that Minecraft updates are so frequent that the bigger mods have trouble keeping up with it. It seems to me that some mod devs have just given up with the mod updates.

I've never played it tho I played Terraria XD.

i do like watching vids where folks showcase the things they make or record large party games. And some of the larger projects some have made are pretty impressive considering the effort minecraft takes to look dibilerately crappy XD

Not a lot, because I don't have a good computer now.

I can't play singleplayer because it is SLOW and crashes 2 minutes after loading a world.

In multiplayer, most I have it at tiny render, but I can have good 10-30 frames on normal sometimes.

Everything else is best settings, because the only thing that changes anything is render. xD

OptiFine can turn off render blur, so I can see more.

And I don't know a vanilla server.

Maybe I'll make one. :P

I played minecraft from beta 1.0 up to minecon 2011 and a few weeks after that. Since then I maintained a server for about 2 weeks then abandoned it because some people didn't know what survival meant. I might get back into it since I do have a Cape but not that interested right now.