Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Discord or Princess Luna(read first)

Mywas

18 users have voted

1. 1. who do you want to be Worf Effected

• Discord
    • Luna

No I am not asking you which one you like better you lovable buffons :P.

I have been thinking, Since in A canterlot Wedding Princess Celestia had to face the worf effect, will Luna or Discord ever be worf effected? And more importantly, who should be worf effected between them?

For those who don't know what a Worf effect is, worry not as Uncle What has an answer to your desire for knowlage, The Worf Effect is a TV trope where a powerfull character gets beaten easily only to make another character look good. For more information check this link:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheWorfEffect

So back to the question, if you had to choose between Luna and Discord to be beaten by a Villain to make said villain look good like what Celestia did when she was beaten by Chrysalis, which one would you choose.

In my extremely humble opinion I think each one would make said villain very memorable, if the Villain defeats Discord who is pretty much a god he or she will look like a God and will get a lot of respect from the fandom for his power, Although I am pretty sure few Discord fans will get angry, although this will give Discord character devolopment as he reacts to his defeat to another God. And If the villain defeats Luna he or she will piss off 99% of the fandom and the rustling of the jimmies will be heard across the galaxy, ofcourse people might let it slide if its a female because lets face it, this fandom seems to believe that a female can never be pure evil no matter what they do.

Enough with me talking, comment my fellow MLP Forumers, let the spirit of the earth guide you.

• Brohoof 1

I don't want Luna to be worf effected because, Discord is a really great villain but he doesn't capitalize on mistakes. Having Discord defeated to make another character look good, could do him some good.

• Brohoof 1

I think Discord.

Simply because Discord is much more unpredictable, and thus, harder to defeat. The pony/creature trying to defeat Discord would be faced with a bit of a challenge. He is a god of chaos after all.

• Brohoof 2

Well, at first I was like, yeah, Worf effect Luna, please, but then I thought about it.

Discord is widely regarded as a god (although I firmly dislike that theory). If a villain were to beat him, they would become one of the MOST POWERFUL villains in the show. Which would be pretty cool. I would like it, though, if at the end, they had a rematch and Discord won. :D

Luna, however, is regarded as weaker than Celestia and the villain wouldn't look nearly as powerful. Although, yes, the fandom would be quite ticked off. It would cause some chaos that's for sure. ^_^

• Brohoof 2

Luna of course!

Hypothetically, if they both faced villains, I'd prefer Luna to be defeated rather than Discord. I mean, let's face it. Discord NEVER fights to win. He does that purely for fun. If he was defeated, I'd still have a lot of doubts thinking if he didn't do this on purpose.

While with Luna, things would be clear. She's strong, she's defeated. End of story. (And then comes the NMM arch in which she takes her revenge or something :o ) ... ... because she can.

• Brohoof 1

I believe the term for worf people might get is
"job."  "as in discord jobbed to so and so."

And discord losing could be part of his plan.

you could also say celestial losing is part of her plan to encourage her students to rise to the occasion and not rely on her.

I only count flutter shy beating discord honestly,

I mean she did it with the elements.  we already know the elements are the ultimate super death cheat code.

Example Cthulu the elder god appears,

BAMP elements of harmony and team rocket is blasting off again (LOL).

• Brohoof 1

Luna. Discord is so powerful that for him to be defeated would require a villain to have magic equal to or greater than the Elements of Harmony. It would have to be Luna that is defeated, simply to keep the show from becoming a shonen cliche and developing absurdly powerful characters. The only exception I would be content with is if Discord was defeated through trickery, not raw power.

Why would either of them need to be worf effected? They're perfectly fine not being upstaged. Though, if I were to choose, I'd go with Luna. Unlike Discord, Luna isn't a God, and has enough flaws to be defeated.

• Brohoof 1

The only real way Discord could ever be worf effected based on the knowledge the show has given us thus far, would be if there was a somehow more powerful reality-warping being that could cancel his powers out or overcome them on their own, thus making them the only being capable of stopping him without the Elements of Harmony.

Luna on the other hand, is considerably easier to meet the same effect as her sister, considering she's no more invincible nor all-mighty than Celestia is.

I have no preference, but it'd be far easier to work with Luna. Honestly, Discord's already been portrayed as near-god-tier. It's a bit convoluted to try and make a villain even more powerful than that, in a show like this tongue.png If someone wants crazy power levels that just end up getting upstaged by the next villain, go watch DBZ (or, any fighting anime, really).

Firstly i would likw to say that i actually feel that Luna is more powerful then Discord, and I want her to try and keep her bad assery as long as possible :)!

So i would actually prefer Discord to be beaten, which seen as he is now a nice guy, would be a real probability (i also feel like you could do it in a way to not lessen his power i.e. him protecting Fluttershy).

Although I believe neither of them should be "worf effect" or however you say it. In an honest opinion things seem balanced with the characters as it is and would have no need for that but then again it would make more sense to have Discord worfed rather than Luna.

• 7 years later...