Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have any episodes ever made you cry?

Esmeshy

No, but it takes a lot to make me cry lol

Not really. I mean, I was close to crying at some points but overall MLP hasn't actually made me shed tears. No surprise because it takes a lot to make me cry, and I mean A LOT!

Secret of My Excesss Evil Spike + Spike's Redemption is ULTIMATE TEARJERKER

I cannot cry. For the longest time, I haven't shed a tear. I was broken long ago. Blah, blah, blah, sobstory noone wants to hear, etcetera, etcetera. However I still can feel... And I have definitely felt like crying many times throughout the show. But one episode had struck out to me. The ending part to Secret of My Excess. Spike & Rarity, as they fall together in their 'dying moments'... It made me so happy, and yet so sad that I never was and never will be as good as friends as they were. I could never tell any girl I "kinda had a crus--" because I give up on love that cannot become reality. And my reality is grim...

All of this very much applies to me (except for the "my reality is grim" part... People have a tendency to overexagerrate the negative, so unless you're paralyzed from the neck down, I wouldn't give up...), yet the ending of "Cutie Mark Chronicles", where they all group hug, and then Twilight wrote that "Cheesy" letter, I teared a little then, not gonna lie. And I don't entirely get it, either. I'm not lonely or anything, I've got lots of friends, and one really good friend, but seeing people hug eachother in that sweet emotional way just tears me, when I see it IRL, too. I mean friends, purely platonic friend stuff, "Hearts and Hooves" stuff has no effect on me. In fact I even detest it a little. I just can't stand the drama that always happens when it's more than friends...

And I almost got wet eyes when Luna came back to Celestia. That was just so touching...

Edited by EASA - Dr. Braun

Only time i have cryed form a episode was in return of harmony where twiligth sheds a broken heart tear + i was really tiered, but still that is some sad stuff :(

Edited by Robojot

It's hard to have an episode make you cry. What Hasbro mainly wants to do is entertain people, not give them TOO much drama, you know? I mean, it would be nice to have this dramatic episode enough to make a grown man cry, but it isn't really what I THINK Hasbro has in mind.

• 9 months later...

I've never really cried, but I have gotten wet eyes before, not gonna lie. I don't think anyone's mentioned yet but I got teary when I saw what Spike's greatest fear was. Also in Smile Smile Smile it made me so happy I almost cried. I think mainly people would be crying because of laughter or happiness in this show. After all it IS intended for a younger audience.

I haven't. Maybe a little sad for the characters at times but not sad enough to cry. Its not like I haven't cried like while watching "cartoons" however. I had to have a box of kleenex on standby all while I was watching Air, CLANNAD, Kanon and Angel Beats.

Same here. Seen all those animes. Cried during all of them.

For the show I would have to say no. I did feel sad when Pinkie Pie was crying in "Baby Cakes," but nothing to make me cry. But when the Smile, Smile, Smile song came out and I started reading peoples comments about how they song made them fee,l I kinda teared up from that. Just reading those comment about how everyone had hard times and this song just made them feel better just moved me to tears. It was kinda the thing that made me glade to be a brony. 

• Brohoof 1

I never cried from the actual show, but I did get moist eyes.

The only moment I recall feeling this way was when Twilight became corrupted in the Return of Disharmony, and shed a tear that took the shape of a broken heart.

Fan Fictions on the other hoof, I cried to two of them.

My Little Dashie and Circle of Friends.

I've never cried at an episode, although I did get very sad from the latest episode, with the scenes involving the shooting stars, since it symbolizes AJ's dead parents :(. Poor girl.......

It's bittersweet since I THINK someone at some point in the episode said that eveyone would be able to make it to the reunion, which also meant AJ's parents, who are looking up from above and beyond and a represented as the shooting stars in the end (And middle) of the episode.....damn, now I'm sad again <_<.

• Brohoof 2

Cry? Honestly, nope.  I don't often cry for much, if anything for some reason.  For any real situation, much less for a show or movie of any kind.  It's pretty rare! ^^;

At most, I'd get what I could only best describe as "fuzzy feeling" or "The feels"? For lack of a better term. :3

Nope,and I highly doubt I would be anytime soon.It takes a lot for me to cry from something fictional,and I mean a lot.For reference,the ending scene from The Walking Dead games only made me teary-eyed,and that was the most sad and depressing thing I have ever seen.

Almost but not quite. And its mostly been with the last few episodes. Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo hugging just about did it for me... actually yeah I think I did shed a tear at that moment. And then all this talk with Applejack's parent's being dead, yeah thats been getting me pretty close too.

I'll admit, I managed to squeeze out a few happy tears when I saw Rainbow Dash give that loving hug to Scootaloo in "Sleepless in Ponyville." Just a moment of pure d'awwwwwwww.

• Brohoof 1

To be honest not really, maybe its because most of the time I watch the show at night, or maybe its because I just don't ever get emotional enough about it(Especially since I've already watched the whole series.

I've felt sad for the characters before, but I've never actually teared up. Heck I read of of My little Dashie and I didn't even offically tear up.(I came close, but nothing.)

I guess I just don't cry much over TV shows or something. Idk. I haven't had an episode that made me outright cry though. Not even for joy(I don't really cry out of joy, Only from like laughing to hard or something, and that doesn't really happen to often :P.)

So officially I haven't cried over anything related to the show yet. Maybe a first will come around sometime.

I feel kinda heartless saying that. I'm pretty sure I'm not though.

Let's see... Sweetie Belle's drawing in Sisterhooves Social, Fluttershy's saddest-noise-ever-made in Hurricane Fluttershy, BBBFF, This Day Aria at Cadence's dramatic bit when she's pushing at the mine cart... I've been too excited every episode of season 3 (my first season watching actual premiers), but the Scootahug was definitely the most emotional moment so far.

Fanfics... My Little Dashie actually had very little effect on me since everyone hyped it up so much, and then it turned out the tearjerker moment was entirely unnecessary since Mr. Brony should have gone with them to live in Equestria, rather than living out his life alone in crapsack human world.

But Friendship Is Empathy... I was a total mess the whole time :P

The Wind Beneath Her Wings has a lot of deeply moving and therefore tear-producing moments. Dashie's I-love-you speeches are so romantic :wub:

almost. When pinkie pie sang the smile song.

Things haven't been looking pretty well for me since then. Things are a bit worse now to say the least. The song reminds me that I'll be over with all these crap someday and maybe I can truly smile.

But Friendship Is Empathy... I was a total mess the whole time

;_; Why in the bleeding hell did you get me to read that? D':

UPDATE EVERYONE. I have now just drenched my keyboard reading "Freindship is Empathy."