Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Treasure Hunters of the Cascade Sea (OOC Thread)

Stancet

Treasure Hunters of the Cascade Sea (OOC Thread)

This is a swashbuckling high-seas adventure where danger thrives and a precious reward awaits anypony brave enough to see the voyage through to the end.

RP Thread

Captain Razor Sharp is renowned as one of the greatest sailors ever, until he is one day challenged to find the long lost gold city of the Ancient Ones. But to find it, he must sail through the monster infested waters of the Cascade Sea and visit the inhospitable islands to find four pieces of a map that should guild him there. While there is no guarantee of return, Razor Sharp asks for volunteers and must put his trust in them, as well as his faithful ship, the Dark Fortune.

Plot Twist Rules: 

Before the roleplay, each player will be given a personal message. Inside the message is a randomly determined plot twist to use on your character at any moment you see fit during the roleplay. These plot twists will be extreme, as well as game changing. 

1) Keep your plot twist a secret from the other players until the moment you decide to use it.

2) Any player who avoids using their plot twist before the end will meet a grim fate. (This is the only time I will use God Modding against another player, so make sure nothing... unfortunate has to happen.)

3)You are encouraged to use your imagination and put any creative spin you can onto your plot twist, so even if you don’t like it you can still find a way to make it work to your satisfaction.

Other Rules:

1) GENERAL: Follow MLP Forums’ usual rules, like no God Modding, no Mary Sues and such.

2) NARRATIVE: For simplicity sake, write all your posts with a Third Person Narrative. Don’t tell the story from the viewpoint of your character (that just makes things confusing).

3) GRAMMER: Give each post at least one spell check. Use proper spelling, divide paragraphs, use proper punctuation, etc etc. Just please make it easy for others to read what you write.

4) CENSORSHIP: Keep all content to a PG rating. No gore or blood, no sexually content or swearing. Any violence (as well as killing) should be handled in a tasteful manner.

5) CANON: This adventure is a high-seas epic fantasy. Everything in this roleplay must reflect the time period (and no using time machines to change that).

6) RELIABILITY: Only sign on if you want to. Don’t make just one post and leave forever. If other players want to continue without you, you’ll be abandoned. 

Ponies:

1) DM (Captain) Razor Sharp 

2) (First Mate) Gloomfury

3) (Cabinpony) Wind Whistle

4) (Navigator) Ocean Wind

5) (Chef) Amber Vox (Temporary Leave)

6) (Boatswain) Night Blade

7) 

8) (Handipony) Shyla

9) (Medic) Moon Wave

10) (Master Gunner) Black Heart

This is my first time creating a roleplay, so please forgive me if I'm learning as I go. Help is appreciated.

Edited by Stancet

This sounds pretty good, I've been getting into pirateslately. I want to join with Gloomfury if that's cool.

Sure, I'd love to have you. Your character, Gloomfury, sounds pretty cool. His backstory, in particular, is quite intriguing.

This sounds like a whole lot of fun! I'm surprised there hasn't been more replies. I'd like to enter Wind Whistler for this, if you'd like.

This sounds like a whole lot of fun! I'm surprised there hasn't been more replies. I'd like to enter Wind Whistler for this, if you'd like.

Sure, Wind Whistler would be awesome for this. I'm almost tempted to give him a plot twist deliberately instead of randomly, after reading his personality. 

@@Stancet,

This RP sounds really fun and well thought out.

Ocean Wind is the character I hope to use. She'd probably be a good navigator.

Ocean Wind sounds awesome. I'd love her to join. If I could get at least six ponies to join this RP I think that's a number I can settle for.

• Brohoof 1

Hmm... This RP does sound awesome! I would love to join~ :3

I think I'll be using Amber Vox, the annoyingly cheerful, bipolar unicorn mare for this one. I'm very curious to see what plot twist I'll get! I can't wait!

Hmm... This RP does sound awesome! I would love to join~ :3

I think I'll be using Amber Vox, the annoyingly cheerful, bipolar unicorn mare for this one. I'm very curious to see what plot twist I'll get! I can't wait!

Amber Vox is a very unusual pony. I don't know whether to laugh or cry when I read about her. I imagine she must be an exciting character to use in RPs. I'd LOVE her to join.

I always wanted to be a pirate. This sounds very very very interesting. Here is my OC http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/night-blade-r4729 Please let me join. You would be making one of my fantasies come true

Night Blade's blood red eye sounds very interesting. He sounds like he'll be one of the most unpredictable characters this kind of RP can have. I can't wait to see him in action.

• Brohoof 1

Thanks everyone who asked to join. I'm glad to have you all and I hope not to disappoint. I'm going to do a little more reading and research to make sure I'm up for this and then I'll have the RP thread up by tomorrow morning (maybe closer to this evening, but it will be kinda late). Again, thanks very much.

Oh... and you'll receive your plot twists too. vsTALhM.png Hope you're ready.

• Brohoof 1

Thanks everyone who asked to join. I'm glad to have you all and I hope not to disappoint. I'm going to do a little more reading and research to make sure I'm up for this and then I'll have the RP thread up by tomorrow morning (maybe closer to this evening, but it will be kinda late). Again, thanks very much.

Oh... and you'll receive your plot twists too. vsTALhM.png Hope you're ready.

Yay!

If we need more characters, I have allot blink.png  So I could add another one if you want e9FkmL5.png

Also, if a Co-DM or something like that is something you need, why not ask someone? I'm sure we'll be willing to help ya coordinate this RP. :3

(edited)

Thanks. Your suggestion Driz" does make me feel a little more confident. As for characters, though, I might not be needing anymore just yet; only because someponies I know have considered joining and I don't want to shut them out too quickly. In any case, I'm sure this RP will be fine.

I do write professionally... I am entitled to some self-confidence.

Edited by Stancet
  • Brohoof 1

The captain of the ship is Stancet's OC. But who is going to be his first mate? Also, what are the roles of our OC's

The captain (taken)

The first mate 

The navigator (taken)

The chef

The carpenter

and then the rest

They named an entire sea after Cascade Swirl? Wild!

I've been in a pirate RP before. It was pretty fun. I guess that this would be similar? 

I'll hop in. If I get super-busy, yeah, well, Cascade can totally hold her own in the middle of the ocean. It's in her genes.

Also, dibs on first mate.

Edited by Dez
  • Brohoof 1

Hm... Maybe I should quickly assign some positions. Wasn't sure how important that would be to some of you but I'll give it a try. 

They named an entire sea after Cascade Swirl? Wild!

I've been in a pirate RP before. It was pretty fun. I guess that this would be similar? 

I'll hop in. If I get super-busy, yeah, well, Cascade can totally hold her own in the middle of the ocean. It's in her genes.

Also, dibs on first mate.

Cascade Swirl would be a good addition. But claiming first mate... you might have to fight some of the tougher, meaner ponies on this list for that title.

Hm... Maybe I should quickly assign some positions. Wasn't sure how important that would be to some of you but I'll give it a try.

Cascade Swirl would be a good addition. But claiming first mate... you might have to fight some of the tougher, meaner ponies on this list for that title.

*cough cough*

Yeah... Don't underestimate Cassie... Those stunted wings are great for swimming and boosting her jumps. Nimble as buck. Swirling in midair. Aiming. A larger pony wouldn't be able to touch her as he dances around them, kicking their butts. Right, Crystal?

• Brohoof 1

*cough cough*

Yeah... Don't underestimate Cassie... Those stunted wings are great for swimming and boosting her jumps. Nimble as buck. Swirling in midair. Aiming. A larger pony wouldn't be able to touch her as he dances around them, kicking their butts. Right, Crystal?

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyup.

And if we're on the subject of positions, (I stink I said this before...buuuut) Ocean would probably make a good Navigator. For this I think I'll have her be a little more adventurous and talkative than her usual quiet antisocial self.

Hmm... Well, Amber can be anything, really. :U

I don't think I have any preferences. Furthermore, I have no clue on what role she's fit to... She's just an immature hyperactive pony. :3

Okay everypony, I'm sorry if this took a little while longer than I hoped but MLP forums has been very buggy and I had to rewrite the whole first post. (Thankfully, I had it saved on my computer :)

In any case, I have determined positions for everypony. You can find them on that same first post I had to rewrite. I have also determined which of my listed plot twists will go to each pony. Each of you will receive a message soon. If nothing else requires my immediate attention I will also be logging off for a while, but I promise I'll be back soon enough to get started on the RP thread.

WOW!

Giving those plot twists away was quite the adrenaline rush. Of them all, the one I gave to Captain Razor Sharp has to be the worst. 

I'll be back soon.

• Brohoof 4

7) (Helmspony) Cascade Swirl

Cascade's kinda energetic. Personally, I'd be concerned that she'd get bored, but whatevs. If that's where you think her super-swimmyness is best utilized, okay. It'd be cool to see how this works out in the RP regardless.

Edited by Dez