Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Smarts

27 users have voted

1. 1. Would you go?

• Yes
    • No

Let's say that you are offered the chance to go to a new planet. You will be traveling with a crew to survive on the planet and experience it first hand. You will study and explore this new world. Don't worry though, you will still be able to keep in touch with Earth. This planet is filled with mystery and is Earth-like with oxygen. After five years, you will come back to Earth. Also, you are allowed to bring three items with you while on this journey. What these three items are, that's for you to decide.

So, would you take the opportunity and go?

Edit: There are already survival equipment and supplies issued to you and the crew. Forgot to add that. Sorry. :P

Edited by SmartyPants
  • Brohoof 1

I would probably take the opportunity and go, it seems like it would be an interesting experience that I would love to be a part of. But only, if I get to say goodbye to my friends and loved ones first.

• Brohoof 1

EEEEEEEEEEEEYUP!

1. I don't think too many people will miss me if i go.
  2. Travelling is magic :D
  3. Adventure is always fun.

No annoying people. ( The crew must be nice to allow themselves to be stuck with me in five years.)

If there is oxygen and living possible condition there may be aliens, and I  can be this guy derpy_emoticon1.png

5gyhv.jpg

• Brohoof 1

Nope, I'm confortable here in my room, having a boring life, stuck doing nothing interesting at school.

Well okay, maybe.... I'll bring my guitar here. And food. And medics.

1) Farming supplies 2) Supplies for building 3) Water/Water purifier.

Oh wait, this is better 3:

But I'd still bring my guitar, we need intertainent here eh?

Edited by GhostPony750
  • Brohoof 1

Oh I would soo go XD It would be pretty fun to be the first to colonize a new planet!

If I could bring three items, they would be

1) Farming supplies

2) Supplies for building

3) Water/Water purifier.

That way me and my team can build, farm, and have a source of water.

• Brohoof 1

Definitely! To be able to visit another world would be amazing, even if it took forever to get there. Humans should be pushing towards getting people on other planets, I know there's the Mars plan going on now. It would be great to see a human on another planet in our lifetime. Anyway, my 3 items would be:

• Food/Water stuff
  • Computer (I need this!... With internet somehow??)
  • Camera take pictures or paper and pencils to draw pictures.
  • Brohoof 1

Yeah, I'd go without hesitation. It'd be nice to escape from Earth for a little while.

I would bring:

• A Galaxy S4 phone with LOTS of apps to use offline.
  • Food and water. Lots of it.
  • A Windows 8.1 laptop with LOTS of stuff installed to use offline. A long-lasting battery would be good too.
  • Brohoof 1

As tough as it would be to be gone for five years, I would totally go.

Being a realist, I'm assuming you'd already account for survival equipment, food/water, etc for the crew and myself.

Personal effects: A 120Gb iPod, monitor speakers, and a long journal with pen.

-Fix

• Brohoof 2

I would love to go to an alien planet, because, if it is earth-like, then there may be life there and I would love to finally know what real aliens look like. Though, if there is no life there, I would still be happy as I would still be on a planet that isn't earth and that in its self is worth something.

As for things I would take with me, they would probably be: 1. My camera 2. Some drawing equipment and 3. Some books to read.

• Brohoof 1

It'd be a tough decision to make leaving everyone I know on earth...

But if I did end up going (and if Minecraft taught me anything) I'd bring a pickaxe, torches, and enough freeze dried bacon to last for months!

Yep... (what could go wrong?)

• Brohoof 2

I don't think I'd fare very well. Camping on earth it's enough difficulty for me let alone being stranded on a distant planet... But that's not a fun answer! This is what I'd take if I did go:

1) A camera

2) A mechanical pencil (filled with tons of lead)

3) A large package of lined stationary

I would spend my time documenting the planet. Seeing as battery life is a problem and there is no known method of generating electricity, I think it would be most unwise to take any sort of entertainment device. Might as well make myself useful or improve my writing ability.

• Brohoof 1

Yes I would go.

I want to explore new places and meet new people. Having a chance like that is a no-brainer in my opinion. Sure I would miss my family but it would be exciting and exceptional to explore a new planet.

• Brohoof 1

There's absolutely no reason for anyone to pick me for anything of that magnitude, but if I were offered the chance, I would most certainly go!

Hmm... What would I bring?? I guess I'd bring my laptop, tablet and phone. I wouldn't be able to get a signal, but I'd definitely use it as my MP3 player! 

• Brohoof 1

The outcome can vary from a nice stay to hell on.... another planet.

Dying is a possibility, but dying is worth it if it helps mankind, exploring another world will benefit mankind in many ways, and death is a small price to pay.

Items I would take (besides essentials):

1. An all in one tool, its can be used as a weapon, tool or anything else basically, 5 years will mean a lot of obstacles to overcome and a good tool is what you need.

2. portable, reliable light source, solar/gear powered torches/lamps will do

3. SWAG! you gotta make a good impression to our neighborly aliens

• Brohoof 2

I'd go, I was not quite sure though, as much as I love the concept of aliens and space.

The items I'd take would be,

• My dads generator (probably without permission) - for electricity.
  • My computer.
  • My iPod.

Edit: Hopefully the have fuel on the planet - so I can refuel the generator.

Edited by mitchfizz05
  • Brohoof 2

I'd totally go tongue.png but all you people bringing computers and other electrical stuff pffffffft all I'd bring is... a picture of my family, my lil' teddy thing I got when I was a baby and some nachos.

Hell to the no I wouldn't go. 

Lel you rhymed

Edited by Vinyl Scratch (Filly)™
  • Brohoof 1

Oh yeah I would, I love survival situations. I assume that we already have tons of weapons, so I don't think I need to add that. We would hopefully have a lot of ammunition as well.

I would take with me an iPod, camera and iPad filled with fanfics and other stories.

Also, I'm guessing it's gender mixed.. So I'm assuming that condoms are a part of the supplies? ;)

This would be fun as long as I have some weapons, also hopefully some trucks, jeeps and other goodies. Maybe some hovercrafts, of course all vehicles would be equipped with a 50 mm, just to be safe. :)

I have always been adventurous so this would be dream come true, running around with my ACR with a small scope and grip, with my Desert Eagle ready. Aww yeah it would be awesome, I would also have a machete.

• Brohoof 1

I'd totally go img-1967113-1-tongue.png but all you people bringing computers and other electrical stuff pffffffft all I'd bring is... a picture of my family, my lil' teddy thing I got when I was a baby and some nachos.

Put a picture of your family on your computer, and some digital nachos and teddies.

Maybe one day we'll be able to store physical objects on our computers...

• Brohoof 3