Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Will Twilight have any political power?

dinomaster626

Well, she might rule a kingdom in Equestria or accept some letters from her friends. But, I could say that we can make a lot of assumptions until we see it for ourselves.

• Brohoof 2

Unless she's grooming Sweetie Belle to be her successor, I doubt she'd be accepting friendship letters from her friends. Remember, the whole point of the letters to Celestia was that Twilight was Celestia's protege. Princesses don't just take letters from any Tom, Dick, or Harry.

As for ruling territory, most likely. The writers could pull a new region out of their plots and give it to Twi, or they could give her an established city like Phillydelphia. They seemed to care about giving Cadence some territory of her own, so I don't think they'll shy away from giving Twilight the same benefits.

• Brohoof 2

Yes I think she will have some, as for how much and how soon none of us really knows for sure. She won't have as much influence as Celestia, Luna, Cadence or even her brother right off the bat as adjusting to her new found responsibilities will most likely be a bit of a learning process.

• Brohoof 1

it would be a nice thing to see and would open up some interesting mishaps. as for a place to rule i think ponyville would be the most sensible option as twilight would not have to move away form here friends. 

• Brohoof 1

In all sence yes, Twilight,( and I think.)would probably have a kingdom made of magic or a HUGE library, possibly a university or institute but, I want to add Spike is possibly going to get bigger but in my opinion Spike is going to stay small because he has no greed.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

Well, i think maybe when Celestia or Luna isn't around she may have control over some things, like when the guards give her power during the premier due to Celestia and Luna's absence. 

Whether she'll get that other times, or how much she'll get i'm not totally sure.

As far as taking on a protege, i doubt it, it'd mean another character has to be developed, and overall might feel even repetitive in some aspects.

And it just doesn't seem like it'd feel right, Twilight is still actually kinda young to, so i don't know if it'd just be very fitting.

• Brohoof 1

Political power, I believe so, however we must ask, is the Equestrian economic and social system identical to ours?

It's not, meaning that 'land' or 'assets' have little meaning, it's based on friendship and love and kindness and all that jazz.

I doubt Twilight will get any land, lest Celestia and Luna fall out.

Political power though? Yep.

As shown in the recent episode, she is a princess, which makes her one of the 4 most 'politically' powerful ponies in equestria

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yes she will but until she's given responsibilities it won't really matter. Twilight was always smart and talented and as Celestia's prized student she had tons of pull, but we never really saw her abuse it or reap any special benefits from it. As a princess she has her own authority and is shown deference by most ponies and the Royal Guard. But now she needs to keep acting on her new role.

Edited by Nature's Spell