Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Favorite Disney Sequels

Castle Bleck

1. The Lion King 2: Simba's Pride.

Good writing, good new characters, good animation, good voice acting, and a good soundtrack; it all helps this arguably rival the original, actually.

2. The Return Of Jafar.

Iago and Jafar pretty much steal the show here: Iago gets more character development (culminating in antiheroism), and Jafar not only becomes more Genre Savvy than in the original but also says one of the most unsettling lines of all time ("You'd be surprised what you can live through"; suddenly, a genie's no-kill rule doesn't seem all that limiting, now does it?).

• Brohoof 1

Toy Story 2 as it is one of the very few Disney sequels with actual effort put into it, I'd also prefer it over the original, which I think is quite a feat for most Disney Sequels especially for a movie as great the original was

Edited by Rusty Shackleford

- The Lion King 1½.

..I guess that counts as half of a sequel, kinda? But it's still pretty amazeballs! ;D

Other than that, I really enjoyed Lilo & Stich 2: Stitch Has A Glitch, Kronk's New Groove, Mulan 2, and ahem... Tinker Bell: Secret of the Wings. c:

I CAN'T WAIT FOR FINDING DORY! O:<

The Lion King 2 sucked for me, especially held up against its predecessor. I personally think the story was just overall unoriginal. I mean, for the most part, with Disney sequels, they make a great movie, but then they get dollar signs in their eyes and they rush writing something else and give it the name of the great original movie, thinking that it's gonna be great because it's supposed to follow in the footsteps of the original movie. 

Anyway, for me the only great Disney sequel was Toy Story 2. 

• Brohoof 1

Oh speaking of The Lion King 2.. Am I the only one that recently found out that Simba's daughter ended up falling for his cousin? @-@

Then again, family doesn't matter in the animal kingdooomm~

Favorite DISNEY sequel? Man that's a tough one since I stay with so few Disney movies after the original release... but the one that stands out in my mind is An Extremely Goofy Movie. Watching my favorite characters from Goof Troop mature and grow up as a kid was a pretty interesting experience for me and it felt like something which so few animated films ever touched upon at the time, and is even still a bit taboo to this day.

Plus dood... there's a disco scene! And Goofy hooks up with the cute librarian chick? 10/10

img-1984679-1-AEGM.jpg

Edited by Aniki

Oh speaking of The Lion King 2.. Am I the only one that recently found out that Simba's daughter ended up falling for his cousin? @-@

Then again, family doesn't matter in the animal kingdooomm~

Kovu's adopted, as stated by Nuka. Nuka mentions that "Kovu isn't even his son" just before My Lullaby starts. Only Nuka and possibly Vitani belong to Scar

Kovu's adopted, as stated by Nuka. Nuka mentions that "Kovu isn't even his son" just before My Lullaby starts. Only Nuka and possibly Vitani belong to Scar

Oh god, that sorta makes more sense! Haha I haven't seen the movie in years, and when I wiki'd the plot recently, it only said that Kovu was Scar's son. o_e Thank you for clearing that up. ^^

Oh god, that sorta makes more sense! Haha I haven't seen the movie in years, and when I wiki'd the plot recently, it only said that Kovu was Scar's son. o_e Thank you for clearing that up. ^^

Kovu is Scar's heir and adopted son, since Vitani is a girl and Nuka is, well 

Nuka-the-lion-king-2-simbas-pride-422088

Yeah, not kingly material. Kovu was found in the wild

I really loved the Lion King's sequel. I loved seeing the more matured versions of the characters. I still think the first one is the best of them though. :P

Edited by ~Sunlight

1. The Lion King 2: Simba's Pride.

Good writing, good new characters, good animation, good voice acting, and a good soundtrack; it all helps this arguably rival the original, actually.

2. The Return Of Jafar.

Iago and Jafar pretty much steal the show here: Iago gets more character development (culminating in antiheroism), and Jafar not only becomes more Genre Savvy than in the original but also says one of the most unsettling lines of all time ("You'd be surprised what you can live through"; suddenly, a genie's no-kill rule doesn't seem all that limiting, now does it?).

I completely agree with your choice of movies. I especially love the Aladdin sequels - both the second and the third movie (Aladdin and the King of Thieves). I think these are the best Disney sequels.  wub.png

Disney sequels usually suck, but Lion King 2 as well as 1 1/were really good. The Toy Story sequels were phenomenal and I liked the sequel for The Little Mermaid too...do the Pirates of the Caribbean count? Yeah, I think they do...those are pretty good too.

the toy story movies get better as you go down the sequel lane. the aladdin sequels were great. I haven't watched lion king 2 but i seen mulan 2 and that was good.

The Lion King 2: Simba's Pride is by far my favorite Disney sequel. At some points, I even liked it more than original. Not anymore, but it still holds a special place in my heart. The movie is actually epic, and holds that "tragic line" from the first. I'm not that fond of 1 1/2 though (honestly).

I also like Toy Story 2 and 3, Lady and the Tramp 2, The Little Mermaid 2, and probably some more.

Man... to many disney movies i loved... To much... choice ;p.

I guess i'll just say Toy story 2, toy story 3 was also pretty good i thought. 

I watched alot of disney stuff when i was younger so yeah ;p.

Kovu is Scar's heir and adopted son, since Vitani is a girl and Nuka is, well 

img-1984775-1-Nuka-the-lion-king-2-simba

Yeah, not kingly material. Kovu was found in the wild

Haha poor Nuka.. I feel so sorry for him though. But yeah, I should rewatch the movie one day. >_<

Thank you again, for clearing this up! o: