Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have you ever cried during an episode?

SveciaDash

• 1 year later...

Yeah, I've cried a bunch of times watching mlp.  It feels good not to hold back any emotion.

In Friendship is Magic, Part 2, I teared up a little when I first heard the Laughter Song because I had once had the same life philosophy and the same approach to "shadows" since I was young that had been forgotten and tossed away for about 7 years.  And right there, in the span of about a minute, it was all coming back to me.  It was a shock. It was like I was remembering how to laugh. I couldn't help but cry a little.  Then I cried when the Mane 5 are climbing the stairs and Twilight gets the spark and going through that whole sequence.  This is the point in watching the show I'm like, "What wrong with you?  This is supposed to be for kids," but it reminded me how much value I've always placed on friendship and that friendship is important, even when I would try to be cool and unaffected.  It made me realize that I needed to try to reconnect with people after pushing people away. I also got a little misty from Luna's face in this series of screencaps:

post-31234-0-28673300-1435813348_thumb.pngpost-31234-0-65637900-1435813349_thumb.pngpost-31234-0-92938900-1435813350_thumb.pngpost-31234-0-31508300-1435813352_thumb.pngpost-31234-0-26155500-1435813356_thumb.pngpost-31234-0-73408300-1435813358_thumb.pngpost-31234-0-59371300-1435813359_thumb.png

I'm just a sentimental guy.

If you mean like:

Then no.

But I have gotten very misty-eyed and choked up many times, which speaks volumes to how good the show is, because I'm not much in the crying department at all.  The scene that actually gets me the most is the big reveal at the end of Testing, Testing, 1, 2, 3.  No matter how many times I watch it, I can barely talk after that.

Now, after MLD, I was actually full-on crying.  I like finding things that make me cry, because my life is usually completely emotionally dead.

Various times while watching different episodes, can't give a specific example though.

During episodes, no. I'm not much of a crier, which I don't think is a good thing, anyway. I did well up and want to bawl at the song "I Am Octavia." Dunno why, just was painful to listen to.

i almost did all like 10 times i watched todays ep i just loved how moondancer just tore twi to shreds with the ending rant as as she left the dinner

I got a little watery eyed at the end of the canterlot wedding (Pt. 1)  when everypony abandoned Twilight. A lot of times in Pinkie Pride...that episode kills me. Oh, and also in putting your hoof down when Fluttershy basically destroyed Pinkie and Rarity. I can't watch that scene without getting a little choked up.

I don't know what it is about those that get me, but they got me good  ^_^

I cried when I realized that Applejack came up with the idea to use the remains of the Golden Oak Library to make something to make Twilight feel more at home in the castle. I thought that was absolutely perfect! 

(edited)

I don't usually cry, only in the supersad scenes, like those ones where the girl dies, and the guy is all like, "N-n-no, t-this c-can't be h-happening... No.... No.... NOOOOOOOOOOOO....." And then there are the feels, and... *cough* I digress.

But MLP related things have made me cry quite a lot, actually. True, True Friend, You'll Play Your Part, all the scenes with Fluttershy being scared because of other ponies (I find that really relatable... ;-; I'm scared to death by having to do a presentation...) and Return Of Harmony, when Twilight gave up. "Give-up-scenes" are really sad for some reason...

(EDIT: Somehow I forgot that one time THE LIBRARY FRIGGIN BURNED DOWN. They're doing this on purpose, they're really mean, I loved that library... ;-; )

I also had to cry during some fan-animations. Like Lullaby For A Princess, Snowdrop, and Starlight Waltz. (It's just such good music! I can't help it! ;-; )

Wait. This makes it look like I cry a lot.

I guess that's true.

*sobs in a corner*

(EDIT #2: I just realized that I've used a lot of crying emoticons. Wow.)

Edited by Midnight Frost

Tanks for the Memories. I was teary and sad for lots of it, and when Dash began to cry, I broke. It kind of felt like how when a loved one dies: They're gone, but not forever. My great grandpa died recently when that episode aired. The only other episode that ever got me teary was the new one (Amending Fences) when Moondancer got upset after Twilight tried to fix her mistake.

I don't believe I have, actually. I'm afraid I've never been able to take the series serious enough to cry at anything that happens in it. It's quite easy to make me cry, too... xD Hm...