Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Favorite anime?

DerpLeOtakuz

really?interesting, i actually liked him quit a lot and also found him to be a very interesting character.

ofc he isnt your typical"knight in shining armor" who tries to defeat the bad guy through honorable deeds, but he has his own,reasonable motives.

ita also interesting to see how he becomes more and more corrupted through the series.

but I hate the way he's ready to kill even his family to get the job done. But I'll have to agree, the anime does touch reality, and the smartness of L made me jealous all the way. :)

Now. I know you all are probably looking for something more along the lines to the characters are relatable with a deep back story and they flow well with the show and something complicated like that. But I'm not good at that kind of thing. So here's what I have to say.

I like Pokémon. It's my favorite anime because of three reasons:

One: Catchy theme song

Two: Doraemon was my only other option as those are the only two shows I watch. I want to get into more kinds of anime, but I don't have time and when I do, I'm too lazy.

Three: Isn't there something about watch monsters that come out of balls and fight each other until they faint, exciting? Or perhaps the fact that the show makes you feel like a winner? No? Yes?

I do recommend this show. It's awesome especially after you dive into the fandom.

I'm surprised no one else has mentioned pokemon. I have the same reasons for liking the series. But the new pokemon just aren't my taste,and is become too repetitive by now. Maybe I'm wrong though, I stopped watching at season 8 to 9

I'm surprised no one else has mentioned pokemon. I have the same reasons for liking the series. But the new pokemon just aren't my taste,and is become too repetitive by now. Maybe I'm wrong though, I stopped watching at season 8 to 9

I'm not sure what season they're on now. I just keep watching.

Oh wait. They're on their 17th season. Which means you stopped around the hoenn region. Yeah. That region sucked. Ash was arrogant and overconfident and it really wasn't working with me.

Edited by Star Ruby

I'm not sure what season they're on now. I just keep watching.

Oh wait. They're on their 17th season. Which means you stopped around the hoenn region. Yeah. That region sucked. Ash was arrogant and overconfident and it really wasn't working with me.

There no love for Hoenn.  OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire is being release. 

I've seen a lot of anime in my day, and there's one that I can easily put above the rest as my favorite and that would be "Welcome to the NHK." It's a slice of life about a Hikkikomori (recluse), and his daily struggles. This show really hits home for me, and that may be one of the reasons I enjoy it so much. It really makes me think about my own life, and problems. This show is charming, since it's a nice blend of comedy and depressing reality. If you end up liking the anime, I strongly suggest you check out the light novel and manga as well. They're a little different from the anime, and each other but they're still worth checking out in my opinion.

Edited by Mikami

I don't really know if i've even really watched any anime. 

Does Avatar count as an anime? If so i'd totally recommend it.

If not uh... I've watched like some of Pokemon, and a little bit of Dragonball Z, and some Yu-gi-oh. But that's like basically it. Atleast I think.

I might get into watching some, we shall see.

Black Butler (Kuroshitsuji) is by far the best anime I have watched (of my own free will even) and it was thoroughly enjoyable, because heck, who doesn't like awesome handsome demon butlers? 

I think there's a lot of charm in that victorian era theme too, and the characters are pretty whacky and exciting. I love it!

Yes. That anime is very good. The Book of Circus (Noah's Ark Circus) is just as good as seasons I & II -- so far. 

Victorian London intrigues me a lot, that's why I'm a Sir Arthur Conan Doyle fan.  :wub:

I have two favorites: Toradora and No Game No Life

Toradora has a simple pallet of colors, and it makes the storyline seem more of the main part of it. Great storyline and character development, There is at least one character that someone relates to somehow (minorin for me.) 26 episodes long. 10/10 would recommend.

No Game No Life is more vast in the colors, but the show doesn't disappoint. Con: A LOT of fanservice, kinda cheapens the show I think. PROS: Fun and interesting characters that you feel for, beautiful artwork, the storyline is decent, and it's a show that really makes you think. It's really short series at the moment because they are only one twelve-episode season into the show, but I'm addicted already and will definitely continue ASAP. 15/10 would watch again.

Princess Tutu , great story interwoven with old school fairy tale type story themes, and references; as well as ballet and classical music cleverly used to tell the story. Also has a fantastic heroine, which is like half Pinkie Pie and Half Fluttershy.

Fooly Cooly is a show you have to watch.

I remember watching some of that show on Adult Swim when I was younger. I had no idea what the fuck was going on.

As for anime, well, I'm not really an anime fan. But I have seen, like, eight episodes of Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. And that was pretty badass. I should get around to watching the rest of that series. 

Edited by MasterCombine

If you like psychological thrillers, I'd suggest Madoka Magica, Neon Genesis Evangelion and Perfect Blue.
Elfen Lied is also worth checking out.

WARNING: ALL of these anime WILL fuck with your brain.

Edited by Derp My Life
  • Brohoof 2

If you like psychological thrillers, I'd suggest Neon Genesis Evangelion and Elfen Lied is also worth checking out.

WARNING: ALL of these anime WILL fuck with your brain.

These are my favorite animes. They always leave me confused no matter how many times I rewatch them.
  • Brohoof 3

My favorite animes are:

"Shugo Chara" I would defiantly recommend this because,It's funny and it was made in year of 2009 plus it has a little drama in it as we'll but it's fun too watch the little drama in this anime.

"Special A" I would recommend this as we'll,Because of the funniness in it and a little bit drama it is also fun too watch the little drama in this anime.

"Lecordo d passo" (I know,I did not spell the name right),I would recommend watching this.

"Black Butler" I just watched it yesterday and it's cool and it's for 14 year old teens only.

I'm not really a fan of animes in general, but there are a few that I've enjoyed.

If you're looking for a laugh, there are two that immediately come to mind: Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo and Space Dandy. They can both be pretty ridiculous at times, but I find them both entertaining.

If you're looking for something more serious, Cowboy Bebop and The Big O are my main contenders. They squeeze in a laugh occasionally, but they're mostly business (Big O especially).

And then there's the always-fun Pokemon series.  :lol:

These are all ones I'd recommend. They're good for different reasons, but they all manage to be entertaining.  :)

I should also mention that The Big O is not just my favorite anime, but one of my favorite shows in general. If there's any one that I would wholeheartedly say "you need to see this", it's The Big O. I think all the episodes are on YouTube. Go watch it. Now.  :okiedokielokie:

Edited by Yerserf

Cromartie High School. Hands down, funniest anime ever.

Ninja Nonsense and Heaven's Lost Property could give Cromartie a run for it's money. Both are just about as insane as Cromartie is. ;)