Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Portal to Equestria

Ze Uber Mensch

I want to create a portal to Equestria but i don't know how to, anypony got any ideas?

Any kind of portal will do as long as it gets me to equestria (the show version of Equestria) if it is like a portal that would make me go to Rainbow Factory alternate universe or Cupcakes i would be mad because if it is Rainbow Factory i may die from failing. Or in Cupcakes universe i would get murdered by Pinkie Pie, my favorite pony.

I want to create a portal to Equestria but i don't know how to, anypony got any ideas?

Any kind of portal will do as long as it gets me to equestria (the show version of Equestria) if it is like a portal that would make me go to Rainbow Factory alternate universe or Cupcakes i would be mad because if it is Rainbow Factory i may die from failing. Or in Cupcakes universe i would get murdered by Pinkie Pie, my favorite pony.

Lol for all we know Equestria isn't even real..........well it could be due to the multiverse theroy, but even so it being to the exact detail is too little chance of happening.

• Brohoof 1

You are joking right?

You cant make a portal to Equestria if you could I would be there long by now but you can't

No, I am not joking, i believe it to be possible, multiverse theory if that is true then Equestria is real, (I am not Atheist, I am Christian,  I just thought you would think I am Atheist because I believe in the multiverse.

Edited by scootiepie sparkle

Well, technically speaking its impossible at the moment, and it may be impossible overall.

However, even if it is possible it would take crazy amounts of research and hard work and materials and money, were taking insane numbers.

Plus, we've had people working on this before i'm sure, with tons of funding and teams of highly intelligent, and they've yet to create any real types of portals yet.

So i doubt your going to have any real chance to go to Equestria unfortunately, sorry :/.

One Can Dream... Maybe one day we'll be advanced enough to create our own Equestria. imagine if we could just plug ourselves into a computer generated land with Ponies that are programmed to do what the real MLP:FiM ponies would do.

(Im not High, just very tired)

• Brohoof 1

No, I am not joking, i believe it to be possible, multiverse theory if that is true then Equestria is real, (I am not Atheist, I am Christian,  I just thought you would think I am Atheist because I believe in the multiverse.

R u ok son

I think you need some physics textbooks

Edited by ~Luminiferous Ether~
  • Brohoof 2

Near on impossible. Even if multiverse theory is true.

Plus yes, go to the canon universe or something like it? 

Edited by Rush

read my OC backstory smile.pngresonance cascade made by a resonant Tesla Coil during a storm... smile.png oh btw..i will be working on rainbow factory.. i'm a pegasus engineer... something link me to Contrail... see you there.. don't miss the exams

play those 2 togheter XD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JpuislFVzU

Edited by Doc. Volt

I know of a portal to Equestria! Wasn't it called "The Hub" or something? I don't think you can pass through it, though. 

...Just kidding. :lol: 

In all seriousness though, I don't think we're advanced enough to make a portal to anywhere, for that matter. And although we MIGHT make a portal in the near future, like others have said; reaching a different universe with the exact same specifications of Equestria may be quite...unlikely. 

It's always nice to think about its existence and reach-ability without all that technical stuff to bring you down, though. :3

I know of a portal to Equestria! Wasn't it called "The Hub" or something? I don't think you can pass through it, though. 

...Just kidding. :lol:

In all seriousness though, I don't think we're advanced enough to make a portal to anywhere, for that matter. And although we MIGHT make a portal in the near future, like others have said; reaching a different universe with the exact same specifications of Equestria may be quite...unlikely. 

It's always nice to think about its existence and reach-ability without all that technical stuff to bring you down, though. :3

uh? why not? i am curently working at the Clousdale Weather Corporation and i got my friend Pinkie Pie here preparing cupcakes for me... isn't she lovely? Do you want a bite?

pinkamena_animation_by_themancat-d5egitm

EASY! I have been to Equestria before!, just follow the steps:

1)Divide by 0

2)???
3)Profit

Seriously though, I think your trolling, you can hallucinate ponies with LSD of Shrooms but ponies are not guaranteed, you might get some crazy stuff instead.

Edited by SwigglySwiggly

EASY! I have been to Equestria before!, just follow the steps:

1)Divide by 0

2)???

3)Profit

Seriously though, I think your trolling, you can hallucinate ponies with LSD of Shrooms but ponies are not guaranteed, you might get some crazy stuff instead.

i tried.. i got a crazy pony with an icecream cone instead of his horn.. crazy no?

Yeah Sure... (Throws Cupcake Over Shoulder)

oh.. your are making pinkie angry.... you don't know what are you missing *eat an entire cupcakes*.. hmm... so moist and delicius... my favourite are those white and violet ones.. they are a rarity.. i mean.. they are rare...

Of All The Worst Things!

oh.. you are too drammatic.. here's a box

drama_box_by_zelotag-d6lm6w0.png

btw if even a place where colored ponies talks and have a society, i higly doubt it will be based on friendship and happiness.. it would be similar to our world i think.. something like this

6609---gore-.jpg

Sad But True... I doubt its just "Human" nature to be greedy and willing to fight for every resource.

theres been many examples of it in the show (The Changelings, Celestia Vs Nightmare Moon)

• Brohoof 1

Lol for all we know Equestria isn't even real

But it is! Have you even tried to look it up? ;-J Here's a map.

OK, OK, I know that this is not the same Equestria the OP had on mind. But bear with me.

Well, Equestria is a fictional universe

True. But this alone doesn't stop from getting there yet. I'll explain shortly.

so if you're going to make a portal go for it I guess but you will be disappointed.

You'll never be able to, not in this time anyways. Sorry to burst your bubble mate.

So i doubt your going to have any real chance to go to Equestria unfortunately, sorry :/

Near on impossible. Even if multiverse theory is true.

So much defeatism... :/ I thought this fandom is more creative-thinking and open-minded ;-J

Well, technically speaking it's impossible at the moment

Much better.

You can't make a portal to Equestria if you could. I would be there long by now but you can't

But you can! I've been there several times already. With all seriousness! (Cross my hear and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye ;) ) I'll explain it all to you shortly :)

In all seriousness though, I don't think we're advanced enough to make a portal to anywhere, for that matter.

True. But at least you see that it's not impossible in general -- it's just a matter of our limited technology and imagination. This is a good path. See the next answer.

R u ok son? I think you need some physics textbooks

I read tons of physics textbooks but I haven't found a squat about making portals in any of them.

What does it mean to me? That making portals is physically impossible?

No!

It just means that this is not a physics problem! :> A very different kind of "technology" is required. One which is not much investigated in our world yet. This "technology" is... Magic :>

EASY! I have been to Equestria before!

Oh, another Traveler? Brohoof to you :>

just follow the steps:

1) Divide by 0

Done :)

Division by zero and what I called "Creative Numbers" is a mathematical way to describe it, because creative power (or Magic) and the technique called "imagination" (introducing Magic into business) is what is needed (as I've already said).

you can hallucinate ponies with LSD of Shrooms

Another close guess. You're on the right track, but trust me, no LSD or shrooms are needed. They're just "external inducers".

Imagine if we could just plug ourselves into a computer generated land with Ponies that are programmed to do what the real MLP:FiM ponies would do.

Maretrix :)

Another close guess, but computer-brain interfaces aren't needed too.

One Can Dream...

BINGO! :>

OK, so here's a good place for my explanation:

HOW TO MAKE A PORTAL TO EQUESTRIA -- A SHORT TUTORIAL

As I already said, physics and science we know is of no help here, because physics deals only with material things, and there are lots of things which are outside this domain, ideas and imagination included. We need much more advanced technology, which transcends beyond physics. We need Magic.

In our "modern" world, technology is based mostly on electromagnetism, which is only a narrow range of reality. Even quantum mechanics is not yet ready for such things, since physicists doesn't quite understand yet that our physical world is made of vibrations and waves of empty space itself. They have gotten rid of Ether, which was the last hope for any understanding of Magic of Harmony ;-/ Fortunately there were, and there still are, some exceptional dreamers who still investigate these Etheric Sciences (like me, for example).

In more ancient times, there was an advanced science called Alchemy, which dealt with this kind of Magic. It has been used in Ancient Egypt to transmute matter (including biological bodies) and travel in space to distant stars, faster than light (with the speed of thought). It has been used in Ancient India for remote viewing distant regions of the Cosmos. It has been used by Ancient Mayas, too. But it has always been a secret, forbidden science. Some aborigin tribes are still using these tricks.

The guesses of @@SwigglySwiggly about LSD/shroom hallucinations, and of @@Rarity34 about Matrix-like technology to interface computer simulation with our brains, were very close.

Why?

Because they match quite well the beliefs of Hopi & Yaqui Endian tribes, as described by Carlos Castaneda in his books, especially in "The Art of Dreaming".

Yaqui Endians believe that our conscious mind is a point of light which is connected by threads of light with everything else in the Universe (and when you know some fringe physics, you know that there's much truth in it: there are waves which travel in space between all atoms in the Universe and transfer energy/information between them all the time). All those threads pass through that point, but some of them also pass around it. Depending on which threads pass through it, we perceive different parts of reality. Yaqui Shamans train their minds in extending this "point of connection" (as they call it) to let them see more, and moving this point in space to see different realities in altered states of consciousness. When they master these techniques of "Dreaming" (as they call it), they can use their "dream bodies" to perceive different parts of reality, to travel to distant places, or even different worlds, and sometimes even "Daydream", which means that they can alter reality; they can introduce other people to their Dreaming, and alter what they perceive. Somewhat similar to mass hypnosis, but it is real for those who participate in this Dreaming state.

Different drugs (mostly natural, from plants and mushrooms) can be used to initiate this process for people who aren't skilled in it yet, or when their "point of connection" is fixed in one place of reality too much (as in our Western civilization). Don Juan Matus, a Yaqui Shaman, used these on Carlos Castaneda to introduce him into Dreaming, until he learned to do it himself without any external help. But other techniques can be used for it too, like hypnosis, sensory deprivation, meditation etc. Even some futuristic technology, like in "The Matrix" movie. But the point is that these are just prosthetics; everything you need for "traveling without moving" you already have: it is your own mind.

So my first step in creating portal to Equestria was to establish a communication link. This has been already proposed here on these forums, so I just used this technique to send a letter to Princess Luna.

Why Princess Luna? Because she's the Princess of the Night and she knows a lot about Dreaming :) And that was what I needed. So here's the letter I sent her:

Dear Princess Luna.

I know that you know a lot about this long-forgotten ancient Magic of Dreaming, which allows our minds to travel to different worlds. I already used this technique in the past to visit other worlds, and I've been in Equestria several times that way too. But I'm looking for a way to create a portal to Equestria which other people could use. Can you explain this type of Magic to my friends, so that they could understand it and employ in their lives too?

Your faithful student

-- SasQ (also known as Double Rainwave when in Equestria)

and here's what she answered:

Dear SasQ.

I was very surprised that you wrote to me, because no pony have ever written to me before! They always write only to Celestia ;/ You are the first one who wrote to me. I very appreciate that.

As to your problem:

You're right, Dreaming is the way to go. I visit the dreams of other ponies very often, and they usually don't even know they're dreaming. They have such a power, but they don't know about it! Can you imagine? If only they knew they could have more control over their dreams if they knew they are dreaming...

The art of Conscious Dreaming, or Lucid Dreaming, can be learned, trained and mastered. But it is not always easy, and it requires one to change one's views on reality 180 degrees. One needs to understand that there is absolutely no difference between dreams and reality.

Yes, there are things one cannot do when being in what one calls the "real" or "physical" world, but this is just an effect of tuning in to this particular set of laws and frequencies of the Threads of Light. When one resonates on the same frequency as a wall, one cannot pass through it. But the art of Dreaming is all about learning to shift your frequencies to tune in to different realities, with their own sets of laws, which can be different than in the physical world.

But there's absolutely no difference for the conscious mind itself which reality it perceives. Dreams can be as real as in the "waking state" (nipping yourself to find out if you're dreaming is a bad idea, because you'll feel it the same way in a dream as in the "real world"). When you're "awake", your mind simply tunes in to the "physical world" and creates images of it inside your head; a projection. It's still an illusion (yeah, there aren't any colors in the "real world", it's your brain which creates this perception), even if based on external stimuli. You're simply "dreaming yourself into the physical world". And in the same way you can "dream yourself into" any other different world you like.

I hope it answers your question.

Sweet dreams!

-- Luna, Princess of the Night

This was a great explanation to me. But it wasn't enough, because there wasn't any concrete examples and techniques one can use right away. Fortunately, I'm a longstanding Dreamer, so I can fill the gaps Luna has left open and explain you some techniques I know.

First of all, Luna made a good point that the key is to understand that there's no difference between the dream state and waking state. Ancient Tibetan monks knew that very well and they described it in the Tibetan Dream Yoga or Milam. They practiced different exercises which were meant to let them realize this statement.

One of these techniques is so called "Reality Testing" (or RT in short).

How do you know you're not dreaming just now? :> If you were in a dream, you probably wouldn't know about it; you'd think that all that is happening right now is for real. That's exactly the point: When in dream, your mind doesn't have any clue to find out that this is a dream, because it feels exactly the same as in the "real world". True, there could happen some bizarre things, but if this fits the convention of the dream, you'll think this is fine and dandy. That's what Reality Tests are for.

If this were a dream, how could you find out about it? What would you do if you could do anything? Read carefully what I write now, remember it, and then stop reading for a while and make this exercise before reading again:

Stop reading and look around yourself carefully. What do you see? How real is it? Could it be a dream? You can feel something strange when doing this exercise, then focus on that feeling and try to strengthen it. You can stop breathing for several seconds to emphasize this feeling. You can touch some objects around you to feel their surface. Focus on the perception you have. How much real it feels? Could it be a dream? What would you do if it were a dream?

There are certain things you can do in a dream which you cannot do when in real life. E.g. putting your hand/hoof into a wall/desk, or changing a color/shape of something by mere looking at it, etc. But beware, sometimes you won't be able to do these things in a dream, too! So don't depend on them too much! Reality test can actually fool you when you're in a dream that you aren't. That's why you should never do a RT when you already know you're in a dream! These tests are meant to be performed when awake, to teach your mind questioning reality -- a skill which would be very useful when in a dream state. They're also there to teach your mind that there's not much difference between dreams and reality. They're both equally real, or equally unreal if you like.

Repeat those tests as many times during the day as you can. You can make yourself some reminder. I, for one, use Ingwaz, a Rune of Dreams, inscribed on my hand (on the skin between the thumb and pointing finger):

img-2039499-1-IMG_1726.jpg

I received this mark in a dream from an Endian, and whenever I see it, it reminds me how it feels like to be in a dream, and that I might be dreaming now, so I look around carefully, trying to spot anything unfitting. Even if I don't, I still try to imagine what would I do if this were a dream, to train my mind in dealing with the dream state.

I was very surprised and amazed when I saw that Twilight Sparkle uses this rune, too, in Equestria Girls, when visiting another world. Look at her boots:

img-2039499-2-Twilight_Sparkle_human_at_

Is it possible that the creators of EqG know something about this forgotten art of Dreaming? :> Who knows... :-J

There are many other techniques you can use to train Conscious/Lucid Dreaming yourself. Once I made a website about that, unfortunately it's only in Polish. Maybe I'll translate it someday to English too if I find some free time. But look around over the Internet, you will probably find many resources on that subject. That's how I learned all this stuff.

As I've said, I've been in Equestria several times already, using these techniques. Everyone can learn the Art of Dreaming, having enough patience. And the ability to go to Equestria and visit your favorite ponies is worth the effort, am I right? ;-J

1. collect underpants.

2. ?????

3. quantum magick gobldigook

4. portal to equestria

I cracked at point 1 :D

Edited by SasQ
  • Brohoof 6

I read tons of physics textbooks but I haven't found a squat about making portals in any of them.

What does it mean to me? That making portals is physically impossible?

No!

It just means that this is not a physics problem! :> A very different kind of "technology" is required. One which is not much investigated in our world yet. This "technology" is... Magic :>

Haha, I think you may have misinterpreted me.

I was more talking about multiverse theory, not portals, as they are obv talking about many worlds interpretation.

Do you get my point better now?

oh come on guys.. you are still bitching around real science?  XD even if multiverse exist, even if we have a Portablq Quantum Tunnel Device or a tuned De Lorean there would not be a mlp word.. also if it esixt probably it would be without the beuatifull society based on friendship we like... it will probably run like ourse... on war, poverty etc... sorry to jeopardize everything but just pretend this is a world you want to turn as the one on mlp... start from basic things, try to make other people smile all the day, be generous, help others with love and a smile... and everything slowly will turn beautifull!!!