Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The only one not diagnosed with.. something?

Zygen

121 users have voted

1. 1. Have you been diagnosed with something?

• Yes, i have
    • No, not that i'm aware of

I haven't been diagnosed with anything weirdly enough. The majority of my friends (to my knowledge) haven't either.

EDIT: I have now been diagnosed with an extremely minor skin condition, knew it wasn't going to last long :P

Edited by MidnightInferno
  • Brohoof 1

I haven't been diagnosed with any disorder, disease, mental illness, anything like that. Never had a stutter, no ADD, ADHD, autism, identity issues, depression, or any other form of neurotic disabilities/disorders. I'm 100% normal, healthy in mind and body, and I wouldn't trade that for any fortune! 

Give it time.... XD

j/k Its good that your as healthy as you are, keep at it. ^^

Edited by Malinter
  • Brohoof 1

Mentally, there's only Dyscalculia. That's basically Dyslexia, but with numbers and math. Physically, I have been diagnosed with a rather significant Astigmatism. This is coupled with Hyperopia (Farsightedness) and Corneal dystrophy. The last is THE WORST! So far, it hasn't caused any real visual problems. The Astigmatism and Hyperopia have that job! Periodically, I do suffer rather horrid pain from it, and have to put ointment into my eyes before going to bed. I haven't had a bad pain cycle in a couple of years now, so I have high hopes. Cornea transplants could be in my future though. (ugh!)

The Astigmatism and Hyperopia are bad enough that my eye doctor refuses to prescribe bifocals for me. He said I wouldn't be able to make the adjustment. For a few years now I have my regular walking around glasses, and my reading glasses. Fun fact. Because of the Astigmatism, I can see things like small print and the face of my watch better if I turn them sideways! People think I'm crazy when I read texts on my phone by holding it sideways! (and about an inch from my eyes!)

Another fun fact

My husband likes me to leave my glasses on in bed sometimes, if ya know what I mean. Like I always say...(Actually I only think it) ...You're never truly naked if you wear glasses!

Ah yeah i know what that is to. Sorry to hear, luckily i have no issues at math as i'm actually somewhat good at it.

And i know about the first two i think, but is the 3rd one corneal dystrophy like eye pains or something?

That sounds like it really sucks though, luckily my eyes work perfectly fine so far, hope they stay that way atleast a while.

Cornea transplants don't sound like fun though, no transplant sounds like fun though to be honest.

And it must be a pain to have to carry not 1 but two pairs of glasses :/.

And lol, i guess thats true in a sense ;p.

I have no official diagnosis but I am pretty sure I have depression possibly other issues as well. 

Well, you can get tested for chronic depression, i dunno about just regular depression, i suppose both are mental disorders technically, but i don't think you can be tested for both.

Idk though.

I haven't been diagnosed with anything weirdly enough. The majority of my friends (to my knowledge) haven't either

Hm, maybe i just happen to have alot of people i know with conditions. Or i'm just crazy ;p.

• Brohoof 1

Wow, y'all have lotsa problems. *troll*

I have bad eyes, and ADHD, though it doesn't come up often. Just enough though.

I don't know if its everyone has lots of problems, just many different ones come up.

I don't have any at all that i'm aware of though.

Not even bad eyes(Yet). 

And i don't have ADHD because even if i can get crazy i can calm down and pay attention when needed.

you could take just about any random person from the street, with no disorder to speak of, take them to a psychiatrist, and they would find some random disorder of some type or another, I mean I am no way am trying to tick any one off, but it's kinda the truth, our society now days in the modern world is one of the most drugged up their is.....Depression, no biggie  just give them some Prozac and they'll be fine, ADHD, just take away their personality and give them ritalin at the expense of their uniqueness....

The truth is that we all have some disorder or another, some worse than others, some people actually DO need medication for it as well, my point is, you should be proud of who you are and should not feel guilty because you don't have a "Disorder" of any type...

Edited by ~SadisticOblivion~
  • Brohoof 1

you could take just about any random person from the street, with no disorder to speak of, take them to a psychiatrist, and they would find some random disorder of some type or another, I mean I am no way am trying to tick any one off, but it's kinda the truth, our society now days in the modern world is one of the most drugged up their is.....Depression, no biggie  just give them some Prozac and they'll be fine, ADHD, just take away their personality and give them ritalin and the expense of their uniqueness....

The truth is that we all of some disorder or another, some worse than others, some people actually DO need medication for it as well, my point is, you should be proud of who you are and should not feel guilty because of you don't have a "Disorder" of any type...

Thats true, they do like to prescribe stuff, i don't agree with alot of stuff they have pills for. Ok, someone has a disorder, but that doesn't necessarily mean they need pills.

Then theres just probably doctors or what not who prescribe because they want cash.

Idk if we all have disorders necessarily, depends i guess on what is considered a disorder though.

And i guess, your probably right.

• Brohoof 1

Borderline personality disorder. It can be kinda shitty, but I like that it sets me apart and that it's a part of my individuality.

Feel free to read up on it if you don't know what it is!! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borderline_personality_disorder

Yeah, really and truly all disorders could be considered a part of what makes that person unique.

And i read up a little, and from what i gather its kinda like having extreme reactions to things emotionally? Or am i just understanding this wrong?

• Brohoof 1

Thats true, they do like to prescribe stuff, i don't agree with alot of stuff they have pills for. Ok, someone has a disorder, but that doesn't necessarily mean they need pills.

Then theres just probably doctors or what not who prescribe because they want cash.

Idk if we all have disorders necessarily, depends i guess on what is considered a disorder though.

And i guess, your probably right.

The problem is though, is that a lot of the medication they prescribe now can actually have DRASTIC consequences, that if prescribed to the wrong person with the wrong mindset can make that act out in a very violent way. I don't wanna make myself out to be a crazy extremest, but read this: (http://www.storyleak.com/flashback-virtually-mass-shootings-linked-violence-inducing-psych-drugs/) It's actually very interesting, and they make some very valid points...

• Brohoof 1

The problem is though, is that a lot of the medication they prescribe now can actually have DRASTIC consequences, that if prescribed to the wrong person with the wrong mindset can make that act out in a very violent way. I don't wanna make myself out to be a crazy extremest, but read this: (http://www.storyleak.com/flashback-virtually-mass-shootings-linked-violence-inducing-psych-drugs/) It's actually very interesting, and they make some very valid points...

Yeah, alot of medication in general can have drastic consequences...

I mean look at some commercials where they list out the side affects in super speed! yeah.. to cure like one problem all these risks?

And don't worry your not a crazy extremest, i get what your saying, and i agree to an extent even.

• Brohoof 1

Aspergers is not a real thing. According to the "symptoms" everyone has it. Neither is ADD or ADHD or whatever they call it now. It's an excuse to give kids drugs so pharmaceutical companies can make money. Come on, what quack made that up? Attention deficit? What does that even mean? You are deficient in attention, like being deficient in calcium? I don't buy it. I guarantee you that anyone who goes to a psychiatrist will be diagnosed with something. That's how they make their money. 

I'm not saying some people don't need medication, but there's no way that many do. People are way over medicated. Have you seen the commercials for some of the crap? A drug for rosy cheeks and restless legs? Most of the time the side effects are worse than the supposed disease.

• Brohoof 2

Yeah, alot of medication in general can have drastic consequences...

I mean look at some commercials where they list out the side affects in super speed! yeah.. to cure like one problem all these risks?

And don't worry your not a crazy extremest, i get what your saying, and i agree to an extent even.

What I always say is that no matter how crazy it sounds, it's not really crazy if it's true, And yes, they have those warning commercials on just about every night, telling us that a certain medication is being recalled because of some unexpected side effect...

• Brohoof 1

from what i gather its kinda like having extreme reactions to things emotionally?

That's a big part of it, yeah. I feel emotions a lot more strongly than other people do, and my emotions often re-fire (like you know when you suddenly get excited for something and you get that rush of excitement? For me that rush comes over and over, for all emotions of course).

Another big part of it (for me) is that my feelings for other people switch between intense idealization and devaluation. Like I really really love someone and then I really really hate them and then I love them again, etc.

I also have a really unstable self image. I usually just try to be whatever self I want to be at any particular moment. It's more comfortable that way, because it feels weird when I try to present myself in a consistent way. It's different from multiple personalities. Like I'm always the same person, just not exactly the same. Haha, I guess it can be hard to describe :P

• Brohoof 1

Aspergers is not a real thing. According to the "symptoms" everyone has it. Neither is ADD or ADHD or whatever they call it now. It's an excuse to give kids drugs so pharmaceutical companies can make money. Come on, what quack made that up? Attention deficit? What does that even mean? You are deficient in attention, like being deficient in calcium? I don't buy it. I guarantee you that anyone who goes to a psychiatrist will be diagnosed with something. That's how they make their money. 

I'm not saying some people don't need medication, but there's no way that many do. People are way over medicated. Have you seen the commercials for some of the crap? A drug for rosy cheeks and restless legs? Most of the time the side effects are worse than the supposed disease.

Well, while idk if i'd say that nobody has those diseases i do agree that many are over-diagnosed, and done so purely to sell medications.

I do believe some people legitmently have these things, just not as many as doctors make us think there is. 

WOW! Talk about hitting the nail on the head, great job, and I agree with you 100 percent!

You know whats funny? Right now as I am typing their is an ad at the bottom of the site about kids with ADHD!

Edited by ~SadisticOblivion~

What I always say is that no matter how crazy it sounds, it's not really crazy if it's true, And yes, they have those warning commercials on just about every night, telling us that a certain medication is being recalled because of some unexpected side effect...

Thats a valid thing to say. 

And yeah, honestly i dunno if i'll be taking much medication ever, unless its for something i really really need it for.

That's a big part of it, yeah. I feel emotions a lot more strongly than other people do, and my emotions often re-fire (like you know when you suddenly get excited for something and you get that rush of excitement? For me that rush comes over and over, for all emotions of course).

Another big part of it (for me) is that my feelings for other people switch between intense idealization and devaluation. Like I really really love someone and then I really really hate them and then I love them again, etc.

I also have a really unstable self image. I usually just try to be whatever self I want to be at any particular moment. It's more comfortable that way, because it feels weird when I try to present myself in a consistent way. It's different from multiple personalities. Like I'm always the same person, just not exactly the same. Haha, I guess it can be hard to describe :P

I see, interesting, and i get it mostly as to what your trying to say, no worries, i'm sure its very hard to describe, thats like describing something like being a boy to a girl or vis versa.

And i'm normally not super crazy jerky with emotions, it depends i guess. I kinda feel like i wish i felt them a bit stronger then i do, but maybe not to a super extreme extent.

And the devaluation and idealization thing is interesting to. Hopefully i don't catch you hating me or anything, and if i do i'll try to remember the reason.

And i mostly understand what your saying with the self image stuff. Multi personality disorder is different from what i understand as the different personalities don't remember stuff of others, and some people see them as people in themselves.

Thats from my understanding of it, haven't done alot of research on it, but anyways. Thanks for the explanation!

WOW! Talk about hitting the nail on the head, great job, and I agree with you 100 percent!

You know whats funny? Right now as I am typing their is an ad at the bottom of the site about kids with ADHD!

Right now the ad on the top of the site is for single asian women...

;p. 

Like i said i agree to an extent though with y'all.

• Brohoof 1

I've been diagnosed with ADHD, but I ain't using any medication. Though, it's always fun to have conspiracies. I wonder if Reddit...

edit: hey spellcheck, don't respelled my accent, kthx

Edited by Applesack

I see, interesting, and i get it mostly as to what your trying to say, no worries, i'm sure its very hard to describe, thats like describing something like being a boy to a girl or vis versa.   And i'm normally not super crazy jerky with emotions, it depends i guess. I kinda feel like i wish i felt them a bit stronger then i do, but maybe not to a super extreme extent.   And the devaluation and idealization thing is interesting to. Hopefully i don't catch you hating me or anything, and if i do i'll try to remember the reason.   And i mostly understand what your saying with the self image stuff. Multi personality disorder is different from what i understand as the different personalities don't remember stuff of others, and some people see them as people in themselves.   Thats from my understanding of it, haven't done alot of research on it, but anyways. Thanks for the explanation!

No problem! It's really nice that you're taking the time to learn and understand! Most people hear that I have a personality disorder and assume that I'm crazy, so it's always a pleasure to converse with someone who approaches it with reason :)

I've been diagnosed with ADHD, but I ain't using any medication. Though, it's always fun to have conspiracies. I wonder if Reddit...

edit: hey spellcheck, don't respelled my accent, kthx

Thing is they really aren't conspiracy's at all! Pharmaceutical company's have been over prescribing people for years in order to fill their own pockets!

Thing is they really aren't conspiracy's at all! Pharmaceutical company's have been over prescribing people for years in order to fill their own pockets!

but that *is* a conspiracy. It's

Like the moon landing; it can be proven, but it's never been confirmed fake. The companies don't openly say that they're stuffing their pockets with our money, so we can only assume.

Meh.

I'm an unusually normal teenager considering the fandom I belong to.

I don't have any ADHD or dyslexia or any of those.

I've never been the kid that holds back the group because he can't run that fast because I have this or that, or because I have to take this pill or that pill.

I've generally just been a smart, clean-cut person my entire life.

Now I don't know if the regard with which I hold living things counts as psychopathy... Seems rather unlikely. I've never felt the wish to kill something, but if it's hurting or annoying me and there is an easily visible way of killing it I won't hesitate. I've also never cried or lost any sleep over the death of family members, death is inevitable.

I just realized that makes me sound really cold.

Although it certainly isn't a lie...

• Brohoof 3

but that *is* a conspiracy. It's

Like the moon landing; it can be proven, but it's never been confirmed fake. The companies don't openly say that they're stuffing their pockets with our money, so we can only assume.

I agree, just because it is a "conspiracy" does not automatically mean that it is false. I guess I never really read the definition correctly...

"Conspiracy: a secret plan by a group to do something unlawful or harmful."

Well...I was diagnosed with a very complex brain condition, which is super hard to spell and describe. From that, arose a hint of very high-functioning Aspergers. But I'm glad that I'm like this, for with the diagnosis, came my musical talent! So, you could say that I'm part aspie and part savant.  

• Brohoof 1

Now I don't know if the regard with which I hold living things counts as psychopathy... Seems rather unlikely. I've never felt the wish to kill something, but if it's hurting or annoying me and there is an easily visible way of killing it I won't hesitate. I've also never cried or lost any sleep over the death of family members, death is inevitable.

I just realized that makes me sound really cold.

Although it certainly isn't a lie...

Well, we agree on this. I'm alot like you. Death is just... there. No getting around it.