Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The only one not diagnosed with.. something?

Zygen

121 users have voted

1. 1. Have you been diagnosed with something?

• Yes, i have
    • No, not that i'm aware of

I have. A few months ago, I was diagnosed with clinical depression. The meds help even everything out and alleviate most situations where I get really depresssed, but that also leaves the somewhat undesirable effect of never enjoying anything. I haven't been happy for months. It's mainly just like I'm stuck in a neverending state of melancholy. I'm not depressed, but I'm not happy either. I'm just... there. 

• Brohoof 1

Sadly, for others, they've got the talent, but they lack the necessary ability to perform daily tasks such as getting dressed. They will need assistance in those areas, but not their musical realm.  

Not gonna lie, kinda jealous ;p. Oh well, i guess you deserve it for being able to deal with a little extra. 

And yeah, i know people who have the bad autism, like i guess low functioning. My spanish teacher's son actually has it, and he can't speak even.

Meanwhile his other daughter has it, but she has high functioning.

Shes apparently pretty blunt though when speaking, atleast shes truthful i guess.

Never actually met either, but hes talked about both. 

I don't know, man. It could be possible.

Anyways, I definitely haven't been fully diagnosed with anything, really. It's very possible that I have Aspergers and ADD, but I've never been officially tested. I could certainly have some sort of heart problem, but the doctors just blamed my constant pain and feeling of a future heart attack as anxiety. I could be a complete sociopath, but let's not talk about that...

I was given an asthma inhaler earlier this year, so that could definitely explain the chest pains and shortness of breath. I also was told I needed glasses around the time I got my inhaler, soooo~, astigmatism. Now, how do I explain the voices in my head...

I guess. 

And i guess its possible, only way to really know for sure is testing. And even that isn't always 100% accurate.

And i actually worry i'm gonna have a heart attack randomly or something myself, although i don't really have anything to justify that.

I get random chest pains rarely and infrequently, but i think its just gas or something. Or maybe just me being paranoid who knows. Its been around for a good bit, so i guess if it was serious it would have done something by now.

Good luck though.

And i thought an inhaler relieved the chest pains from asthma? Why would it be causing it? Or am i totally missing something?

And idk about that, well unless your talking about the voice in your head that allows you to read stuff mentally.

I have. A few months ago, I was diagnosed with clinical depression. The meds help even everything out and alleviate most situations where I get really depresssed, but that also leaves the somewhat undesirable effect of never enjoying anything. I haven't been happy for months. It's mainly just like I'm stuck in a neverending state of melancholy. I'm not depressed, but I'm not happy either. I'm just... there. 

Sorry to hear. Depression sucks.

I don't have clinic depression to my knowledge, but its possible i've had depression before a couple times. I've been depressed over long periods before, and i've even been going through a bit of a depressing time, for almost no reason either currently to an extent.

Idk if it qualifies as depression even or not, or if it ever has though, i don't know the specifics.

I can say i get down randomly at times. And multiple times for a while aswell. Almost seems like some times i'll have times where everytime i turn around i'm feeling down for some reason, or feeling down on myself or something.

Really sorry to hear though, i know it sucks.. :/. I wish i could help, but as much as i'd like to unfortunately i'm a really crappy advice giver to be truthful.

i wish the best of luck though.

I guess. 

And i guess its possible, only way to really know for sure is testing. And even that isn't always 100% accurate.

And i actually worry i'm gonna have a heart attack randomly or something myself, although i don't really have anything to justify that.

I get random chest pains rarely and infrequently, but i think its just gas or something. Or maybe just me being paranoid who knows. Its been around for a good bit, so i guess if it was serious it would have done something by now.

Good luck though.

And i thought an inhaler relieved the chest pains from asthma? Why would it be causing it? Or am i totally missing something?

And idk about that, well unless your talking about the voice in your head that allows you to read stuff mentally.

I constantly have chest pains. They alternate between levels of severity. Sometimes, they're crippling. Usually after mild physical activity. All I have to do is lift something relatively heavy, and I feel like I could die. It's not just gas. There's clearly something wrong.

And I never implied that the inhaler was causing the pain. I said I was issued an asthma inhaler, because I have asthma, which explains the asthma-like symptoms. Same thing with the glasses. I was told I needed glasses because I have an astigmatism.

And that 'voices' bit was a joke. Kinda...

• Brohoof 1

I constantly have chest pains. They alternate between levels of severity. Sometimes, they're crippling. Usually after mild physical activity. All I have to do is lift something relatively heavy, and I feel like I could die. It's not just gas. There's clearly something wrong.

And I never implied that the inhaler was causing the pain. I said I was issued an asthma inhaler, because I have asthma, which explains the asthma-like symptoms. Same thing with the glasses. I was told I needed glasses because I have an astigmatism.

And that 'voices' bit was a joke. Kinda...

Ah i see, well its weird that your doctor doesn't do anything, maybe you should just get him to give you some more effective test, even if it might cost.

And oh, sorry i'm just reading it wrong then i guess ;p.

And oh..

i feel really dumb tonight, my intelligence is going down the drain now ;p.

@@Zygen,

I think I might just have a fast metabolism also, I'm about 105lbs at the moment and I seem to still be losing weight even though I've started eating quite a fair amount :/ I'm a UK dress size 4 so I'm not complaining.

Hay fever and Costocondritis is the worst. Hay fever gives me flu-like symptoms all through summer and Costocondritis makes it feel like I'm constantly having a heart attack most days :/

• Brohoof 1

Those losers in lab coats said I had ADHD.

THE NERVE. ME?! ADHD? IMPOSSIBLE, I AM THE MOST FOCUSED, DISIPLINED, CALM PERSONALITY I KNOW.

I question these ADHD quote unquote disorders, and others like it. Are they really disorders? Or are they simply differences in cognition that just deviate from the norm?

There's big money in the drug business. Not just the illegal drug business, either. There's a whole market of legal drugs that brings in big big money.

Edited by Commander Urdnot
  • Brohoof 1

Once watched a documentary that talked about in the old world ADHD was a postive benefit as it made humans with it able to fight longer and kick the crap out of other humans that didn't. ADHD Vikings. Oh crap...

Or are they simply differences in cognition that just deviate from the norm?

Certain types of OCD would have just been quirks back in the day, something they just did, end of story. People who are very superiscious might do thinks that others would say are OCD-like habits.

Edited by Malinter
  • Brohoof 1

Sadly, for others, they've got the talent, but they lack the necessary ability to perform daily tasks such as getting dressed. They will need assistance in those areas, but not their musical realm.  

((I'm mostly typing this for everypony else since I doubt you need to be informed on something you have xP))

TBR Asperger's Syndrome is one of the less brutal forms of autism. Many engineers (myself included) have Asperger's Syndrome, and it tends to be more of a skill shift than anything else. For instance, instead of being good with sports, I draw and write. Instead of loving to drive, I love to play the trumpet. Instead of gaming all day, I go onto forums and read.

The main problem with it is sociability. Most with Asperger's Syndrome are highly anti-social and tend to be quiet in the workplace (or school, of course). Definitely not a "popular kid". A big thing that is interesting to me is the fact that I can figure things out that are not complicated, but when I tell people how I did it they will go nuts "I never thought of doing it that way!" sorta thing. AS tends to make you think differently. Even when I try to describe something to somepony else, it's so much harder to do because of this. However my dad has AS as well (It's usually hereditary) and I can talk to him better than anyone I know.

I don't remember if it's Colorado or someplace else, but there is a state that is called the Engineering capitol of the country. It is also the state with the largest number of people with AS. Considering people w/ AS can talk to eachother more easily than anyone else they tend to sorta group up, if you catch my meaning.

So yeah, there's my rant on Asperger's Syndrome.

#tldr

• Brohoof 1

Physically, I wear glasses and also have acid reflux. Never want to have to relive those weeks before I got diagnosed where I had a horrible stomachache that crippled me after dinner every night.

Mentally? Diagnosed and have been taking medication for ADD for years. I also went to speech therapy as a child; I still tend to stutter when stressed and have to be reminded to "walk my talk" sometimes, but most people would have no idea. They also have no idea about the ADD, which is probably the most interesting of the conditions I have here.

ADHD, just take away their personality and give them ritalin at the expense of their uniqueness....

I question these ADHD quote unquote disorders, and others like it. Are they really disorders? Or are they simply differences in cognition that just deviate from the norm?

What's ADD like? 

You wake up Saturday morning, eat your breakfast, and then go goof off for a while. You've got lots of homework to do, but you've adapted to the fact that you can't get anything done in the morning before your medication takes effect. That's why you have to wake up early every day just to eat, get dressed, and go to school on time.

Then, a few hours later and just too late, you realize that you forgot to take your pills. You go to the kitchen, reach over for the bottle... and notice that, shit, it's empty. That mental fog of lethargy, which usually only happens in the morning and evenings, still hangs over you. You browse the internet in a vague stupor, unable to focus on anything hard.

You're one of the smartest people you know, but you just can't quite think straight for now. Maybe you will be able to get something done after a break? Yes, that sounds good. You can't think well enough now. Sure. Break.

You get an email from one of your friends, sending you notes for that... crap... that super important 1 hour long group project presentation on Monday. Then you minimize the window. You'll get to it... in a bit. Your eyes are just glazing over the project at this rate.

A few hours later, you find that your sister's friend came to visit. You go over and mingle, as you usually do, but you keep giggling at weird things and you keep saying really dumb stuff and it won't stop coming out of your mouth. Some of it makes them laugh too, but some of it just gets you weird looks from your sis, and you aren't able to figure out which of those two it is before you start blurting them out.

It's 9:40 pm and you decide enough is enough. You send your friend an email, apologizing for taking so long, and oh yes, you're getting to work now, really sorry for being a lazy shit. Then the words come out like molasses. You keep staring at your paper and back at the computer screen. You take short breaks this time, but they aren't helping. It's getting late and you're tired for real now. Just as you're sort of starting to get in a groove, you head off for bed.

It's Sunday, and you empathetically make sure that you take your pills. With a clear mind, you set to work doing everything that you didn't do yesterday. You're not a procrastinator by nature... well, when your brain's operating, you're not. The work takes up a little over half of your day along with chores and other responsibilities. You finally send out those notes to everyone in your group for school, but you worry.

Not about yourself. If you don't have it memorized, well, you know what you did. But you worry that everyone else is getting marked down for your failure, that the presentation's going to be awful because nobody had any time to practice thanks to you, that you'll screw it up also for everyone tomorrow because you're staying up late working on it and won't get enough sleep. 

Then as you lie in bed, you remember that you're going to have to take money out of your paycheck when you're an adult for these expensive medications. A little bit that could go into savings, instead into making your head work right. Oh, joy.

That's what having ADD is like.

That's what happened to me last Saturday.

• Brohoof 1

Physically, I wear glasses and also have acid reflux. Never want to have to relive those weeks before I got diagnosed where I had a horrible stomachache that crippled me after dinner every night.

Mentally? Diagnosed and have been taking medication for ADD for years. I also went to speech therapy as a child; I still tend to stutter when stressed and have to be reminded to "walk my talk" sometimes, but most people would have no idea. They also have no idea about the ADD, which is probably the most interesting of the conditions I have here.

What's ADD like? 

You wake up Saturday morning, eat your breakfast, and then go goof off for a while. You've got lots of homework to do, but you've adapted to the fact that you can't get anything done in the morning before your medication takes effect. That's why you have to wake up early every day just to eat, get dressed, and go to school on time.

Then, a few hours later and just too late, you realize that you forgot to take your pills. You go to the kitchen, reach over for the bottle... and notice that, shit, it's empty. That mental fog of lethargy, which usually only happens in the morning and evenings, still hangs over you. You browse the internet in a vague stupor, unable to focus on anything hard.

You're one of the smartest people you know, but you just can't quite think straight for now. Maybe you will be able to get something done after a break? Yes, that sounds good. You can't think well enough now. Sure. Break.

You get an email from one of your friends, sending you notes for that... crap... that super important 1 hour long group project presentation on Monday. Then you minimize the window. You'll get to it... in a bit. Your eyes are just glazing over the project at this rate.

A few hours later, you find that your sister's friend came to visit. You go over and mingle, as you usually do, but you keep giggling at weird things and you keep saying really dumb stuff and it won't stop coming out of your mouth. Some of it makes them laugh too, but some of it just gets you weird looks from your sis, and you aren't able to figure out which of those two it is before you start blurting them out.

It's 9:40 pm and you decide enough is enough. You send your friend an email, apologizing for taking so long, and oh yes, you're getting to work now, really sorry for being a lazy shit. Then the words come out like molasses. You keep staring at your paper and back at the computer screen. You take short breaks this time, but they aren't helping. It's getting late and you're tired for real now. Just as you're sort of starting to get in a groove, you head off for bed.

It's Sunday, and you empathetically make sure that you take your pills. With a clear mind, you set to work doing everything that you didn't do yesterday. You're not a procrastinator by nature... well, when your brain's operating, you're not. The work takes up a little over half of your day along with chores and other responsibilities. You finally send out those notes to everyone in your group for school, but you worry.

Not about yourself. If you don't have it memorized, well, you know what you did. But you worry that everyone else is getting marked down for your failure, that the presentation's going to be awful because nobody had any time to practice thanks to you, that you'll screw it up also for everyone tomorrow because you're staying up late working on it and won't get enough sleep. 

Then as you lie in bed, you remember that you're going to have to take money out of your paycheck when you're an adult for these expensive medications. A little bit that could go into savings, instead into making your head work right. Oh, joy.

I was actually diagnosed with ADD, all through grade school I had to take medication so I could focus, this might seem a little bit hypocritical saying this now, but the thing is I actually overcame it over time, and by the time I entered High School I, for the most part could sit still and listen...I think those disorders like that CAN possibly be beaten with enough will power to do so...

I have 2.

The first isn't that bad. I have a small case of OCD.

The other, though, is hard to live with.

I have split personality disease.

That means that I have two distinct personalities which differ from one another. One is the one I am using to type this. The other is a radical who will do just about anything. Whenever I'm angry, he, I'll call him he, takes me over and turns me into something I'm not proud of. The doctor say I have this because of stress. The only good thing about him is that he doesn't have OCD.

• Brohoof 1

@@Zygen,

I think I might just have a fast metabolism also, I'm about 105lbs at the moment and I seem to still be losing weight even though I've started eating quite a fair amount :/ I'm a UK dress size 4 so I'm not complaining.

Hay fever and Costocondritis is the worst. Hay fever gives me flu-like symptoms all through summer and Costocondritis makes it feel like I'm constantly having a heart attack most days :/

I guess, of course you don't wanna get to skinny, that can be as bad as being overweight eventually.

And oh, Costocondritis sounds really painful :/, sorry to hear.

Those losers in lab coats said I had ADHD.

THE NERVE. ME?! ADHD? IMPOSSIBLE, I AM THE MOST FOCUSED, DISIPLINED, CALM PERSONALITY I KNOW.

There's big money in the drug business. Not just the illegal drug business, either. There's a whole market of legal drugs that brings in big big money.

They've yet to say anythings wrong with me ;p, but i don't know how much people who really know me believe i'm "Normal" 

And thats a good question i suppose. I guess it depends upon what causes it, and what a disorder is classified is really.

There are i'm sure plenty of kids who get diagnosed ADHD because they're hyper, but not because they are ADHD, just more hyper.

So yeah i get what your saying.

And yeah unfortunately thats true, I feel like some diagnosis are simply there for money.

Once watched a documentary that talked about in the old world ADHD was a postive benefit as it made humans with it able to fight longer and kick the crap out of other humans that didn't. ADHD Vikings. Oh crap...

Certain types of OCD would have just been quirks back in the day, something they just did, end of story. People who are very superiscious might do thinks that others would say are OCD-like habits.

Interesting way to look at it i suppose. I'm surprised they knew about it back then though.

((I'm mostly typing this for everypony else since I doubt you need to be informed on something you have xP))

TBR Asperger's Syndrome is one of the less brutal forms of autism. Many engineers (myself included) have Asperger's Syndrome, and it tends to be more of a skill shift than anything else. For instance, instead of being good with sports, I draw and write. Instead of loving to drive, I love to play the trumpet. Instead of gaming all day, I go onto forums and read.

The main problem with it is sociability. Most with Asperger's Syndrome are highly anti-social and tend to be quiet in the workplace (or school, of course). Definitely not a "popular kid". A big thing that is interesting to me is the fact that I can figure things out that are not complicated, but when I tell people how I did it they will go nuts "I never thought of doing it that way!" sorta thing. AS tends to make you think differently. Even when I try to describe something to somepony else, it's so much harder to do because of this. However my dad has AS as well (It's usually hereditary) and I can talk to him better than anyone I know.

I don't remember if it's Colorado or someplace else, but there is a state that is called the Engineering capitol of the country. It is also the state with the largest number of people with AS. Considering people w/ AS can talk to eachother more easily than anyone else they tend to sorta group up, if you catch my meaning.

So yeah, there's my rant on Asperger's Syndrome.

#tldr

I play the trumpet to! Just thought i'd throw that in, allthough i'm sure you kick my royal rear end at it ;p, but still.

And yeah thats typically the most known part of Aspergers.

And i suppose since your brain works different it can benefit you with having a creative way of dealing with things, so i guess thats why people find it so fascinating to see how you work things out.

I read somewhere that people with all kinds of disorders are good with problem solving skills, so i guess theres truth to it.

And yeah i guess it'd be hard to explain things, since people like me don't think the same.

And idk if this would be considered a rant, i find it quite informational, and insightful. So thanks :).

I was diagnosed with obsessive love for ponies about a year and a half ago. I feel alone because I'm the only person I know that has it. I always feel like a minority.

I don't think theres much of anyone else here with that, sorry :(.

What's ADD like? 

Oww. I heard about acid reflux, a friend of mines mom has it, and she gets bad stomach pains sometimes.

Sorry to hear about that.

And i guess alot of disorders if you start to mostly overcome them they aren't very noticeable. 

And i found your explanation on ADD very insightful, i like how you presented it as an experience, as it kinda helps me to understand it better.

While i am a big procrastinator, it has nothing to do with being unable to focus, rather i'm usually just focused on something else.

But that sounds very hard to deal with, i never quite knew how much people with ADD can go through. So thanks for the explanation story again. It was very interesting.

Sorry to hear about it though, ;/.

I have 2.

The first isn't that bad. I have a small case of OCD.

The other, though, is hard to live with.

I have split personality disease.

That means that I have two distinct personalities which differ from one another. One is the one I am using to type this. The other is a radical who will do just about anything. Whenever I'm angry, he, I'll call him he, takes me over and turns me into something I'm not proud of. The doctor say I have this because of stress. The only good thing about him is that he doesn't have OCD.

I see, yeah i know a little bit about split personality disorder.

And i see. While i'm not proud of some things i can do while angry, i don't totally change personality.

I'm sorry to hear though :/. Sounds very hard to deal with, having an entire other personality you can't totally control when it changes.

• Brohoof 2

I was diagnosed with autism. I had no idea I had it until way later in my life when my parents did tell me. It certainly explains why I memorize things better than anyone else and why I have so much talent in music. It also explains my inability to understand facial expressions...

• Brohoof 1

What's ADD like?

@

You're one of the smartest people you know, but you just can't quite think straight for now. Maybe you will e able to get something done after a break? Yes, that sounds good. You can't think well enough now. Sure. Break.

I was diagnosed with ADHD-PM (There is no such thing as ADD. That was renamed to ADHD-PI back in 1994) back when I was 7. I didn't say my first word until I was 5, and never shut up since. I talk very fast, and I used to stumble over my words when I was little. This, and the fact I didn't speak until I was 5 resulted in me being given thrown into speech therapy during my middle and elementary school years. I'm also nearsighted, and have been wearing glasses to correct it for years.

I do know what it's like to have 'ADHD.' I've taken medicine for it too, and it sucks. I'd get very high-strung, I'd lose my creative abilities, my optimism, and my carefree, charming, quirky, and enterprising nature. I'd become a zombie, incapable of doing nothing other than focusing on whatever mundane, meaningless task I was arbitrarily ordered to follow by some authority figure. There was always this fucking high-pitched buzzing sound that I would hear when I was on the medicine and I had to repress violent urges that would make me want to hurt people for no reason. I've detested violence my entire life, and still do. I only consider it when I have exhausted all other options.

I also had to go to 'Counseling' until I was 15. Where they taught me focusing and stressing techniques for the first 15 mins. Then I'd argue with them about ADHD for the rest of the time.

One day I got into yet another argument with my dad about ADHD, and I snapped. I screamed and threw a stool against the wall. He took me to the counselor and to the doctor, and they discovered that I had stopped taking ADHD medicine since I was 14. As we all know, fluctuating the amount of stimulants your brain is exposed to causes irritability. After I explained everything to my dad, he told them he wanted me off medicine, and you know what the doctor did? He tried to diagnose me with oppositional defiance disorder. (ODD) It was plainly obvious that neither the doctor nor the counselor cared about their patients. They only cared about lining their pockets with medicine and counseling money.

I've never taken anything for my 'ADHD' since, and never will. ADHD us a difference in cognition. It is not a disorder. It is nothing more than a false label doctors use to sell 'Treatment' to their patients.

If ADHD is truly a 'Disorder' that is caused by defects in the brain which result in unhealthy neurological activity, then how come only 30-50 percent of patients retain the symptoms into adulthood, even if they discontinue taking highly-addictive and potentially hazardous stimulants? Do people with schizophrenia, bipolar, and borderline personality grow out of their disorders? Why is it that 30 to 50 percent of ADHD patients also get diagnosed with Odd? Why do only 1 to 3 percent of adults have this disorder? Why do statistics say that 1 in every 5 Americans have a mental disorder? Did they finally recognize cognitive dissonance as a disorder? Because unless that happens, that number is way too large to be taken seriously, obviously there is some kind of ulterior motive behind these mental disorder diagnoses. We don't even know what causes ADHD! Anyone hopped up on stimulants is going to act like a zombie, ADHD or not.

This ADHD thing is ridiculous. Not only does it mean that the medical industry that we trust our very lives to is completely corrupt. But it also results in children suffering during their critical childhood years. They are told that something is inherently wrong with them their whole childhood, and it causes deep psychological pain. Which results with self esteem issues. Oh and by the way, 40 percent of people that were ever diagnosed with ADHD also have depression. Oh em gee! It's the Add, guys!

Clearly ADHD is a real disorder. We can explain why it's a disorder and not a mere difference in cognition. We can even pinpoint the cause of ADHD, and help people with it live happy, healthy, and 'Normal' lives. All at the cost of 6000 on average per year! Don't worry, you can trust us. We're 'Professionals.'

Edited by Commander Urdnot
  • Brohoof 2

While I have never been diagnosed with any particular disorder (probably because I have never been to a doctor to get diagnosed with one) I am pretty sure that I have both ADD and Social Anxiety Disorder.

• Brohoof 1

Much of what you described about difficulties focusing and being in a stupor reminds me of my struggles with depression which is a monster I have dealt with a few times in my life and has reared its ugly head in my life once again. I am not saying you are going through that or that the two situations are the same, but during those times I can relate very strongly to difficulties concentrating and being in a stupor.People have no idea just how mentally, spiritually and even physically draining it is until they actually go through it. I did take anti depressants in the past and offer a word of warning to anyone going through depression that those pills are no joke and should only be taken as an absolute last resort, they can have very nasty side effects which can in some cases include making the situation they are supposed to treat even worse. And they do not cure depression but at best can keep you sane enough to be able to address the root problems that are causing it. 

Since I am much stronger than I was during my previous encounters with depression, have survived far worse and am getting increasingly disturbed at the side effects of anti depressants I have decided I am not going to take a damn thing but am getting help for it. The main reasons for it are crippling stress and burnout at work and school along with other responsibilities have finally made me realize that I have been unhappy for a long time because I feel like I have no life whatsoever. For the past 6 years my life has been work, school, taking care of my dialysis patient Dad (may he rest in peace) and home, I have always been the responsible one by looking out for everyone else but myself. I burned out and dropped out of school 3 years ago to return only to burnout again, because of this I am making the rather difficult decision to effectively demote myself at work so I can have less pressure and a more flexible schedule, will take a break from school next semester to get used to my new schedule and to focus on finishing getting my drivers license, put myself on an excercize program of weight lifting (maybe some power lifting later) some cardio and giving myself an opportunity to have some fun every now and then. And once my life is in order maybe start dating, I have always been a believer that if you want something in life you have to not to afraid to go and get it and that is one in a long list of things I have wanted to do for a long time.

• Brohoof 2

I have Aspergers Syndrome, but I've also been wrongly diagnosed with Antisocial Personality Disorder. It makes for a good talking point... XD Apparently, according to the quack who said I had a personality disorder, I should be at least a serial killer by now. :blink:

• Brohoof 1

I should be at least a serial killer by now. :blink:

So you are not the one responsible for the brutal triple murder of Captain Crunch, Count Chocula and the Lucky Charms Leprechaun? Aw dang it, I now owe someone 50 bucks thanks to that stupid bet I took. But speaking of doctors that are knuckle heads I already mentioned how I was diagnosed with Autism and briefly mention how I was falsely diagnosed with the wrong form of Autism but what I didn't mention was just how full of it the doctor really was. Apparently the doctor said I was mentally retarded when a later IQ test revealed that my IQ was actually above average, said I could turn into a vegetable at any time and today though I could lose a few pounds and have some problems to thanks to work related injuries am actually very physically strong and resilient. He recommended putting me in an institution which is a recommendation my parents thankfully ignored. My sensory issues, language difficulties,behavioral problems and difficulties interpreting social cues and rules took a long time to address and I still have some challenges but I have advanced to the point where I can call what I have for the most part a mere difference in cognition rather than the seriously disability it used to be. So I think the line between disorder and mere cognitive difference can be quite thin at times, because of how difficult it can sometimes be for people diagnosedwith "Aspergers" to get help compared to people diagnosed with "Autism" although I personally believe they are part of the same spectrum it may have been a good thing I was diagnosed with low functioning Autism even it wasn't an entirely accurate diagnosis.

• Brohoof 2

@, Lol. XD

Yeah, the idiot doctor who misdiagnosed me with antisocial personality disorder recommended to my parents first that I be institutionalised then when they refused that, that I be put on medication. They refused that too and instead, asked for a second opinion. Since back when I was a teenager, Aspergers didn't exist as a diagnosis, I didn't get it then but a few years ago, I did. By then however, I'd already developed coping methods so didn't need to do anything else.

• Brohoof 1