the most disgusting vitamin/medicine you ever drank

Moonbacon

@,

you know whats funny? i never hulucinated in my life ever other than that one time when i woke i though the tv was open i tried to switch channels with a hullucinated remote

yea its awkward. 

It's an awful felling, at least the ones I was having was! Between the fever and the cough medicine, I was completely out in left field, I literally ran around the house screaming, thinking something was after me!

Ah, yes, the good old days of having to drink cold/flu medicine ... cherry, orange, and grape flavors are definitely the worst (not just in medicines, but in anything at all).

I remember there was this thick pink medicine that actually tasted all right.

I also hated vitamin pills. So chalky and gross.

Back when I was younger ( in elementary school) I used to be really hyper. So my mom made me take this pill that was supposed to calm me down. It was a capsule pill that I just could deal with as a kid so my mom decided to break the capsule open and mix the medicine inside with my applesauce. That was the nasty part about that because not only did ruin the apple sauce, it made me throw up any time I ate it. Its because of that pill that I can't eat apple sauce any more without throwing up.

Ah, yes, the good old days of having to drink cold/flu medicine ... cherry, orange, and grape flavors are definitely the worst (not just in medicines, but in anything at all).

I remember there was this thick pink medicine that actually tasted all right.

I also hated vitamin pills. So chalky and gross.

At least they didn't make you go crazy, and convince yourself you was a pizza man!!!

I remember that when I was probably about eleven, I was given some special antibiotic capsule for a virus I had...

I wasn't able to swallow huge capsules at an age that young, so I had to have my dad crush the medicine into a powder, and I had to sprinkle it into my mouth...

Everything went down when I tasted it... The taste is absolutely disgusting and bitter...

A pill that was emptied. The bloody medicine in the red and white pill was dumped into a water bottle. Guess what? I was forced to drink it by a idiotic babysitter years back. I bloody puked!

While not disgusting per say, I definitely don't find the taste of aspirin palatable. Then again, medicines aren't usually meant to be so. Nvm that my stomach feels like it wants to rip apart my abdomen wall and explode into the outside whenever I take it.

Some genic motion sickness medicine my mother found. Tried it once, sworn never to take it again. It pretty much made you throw up so you wouldn't have to later.  :mellow:

There's also "Get Well Soon" pills, which work wonders, but it's like trying to swallow a rock.

The one that tasted the worst was the Buckley syrup.  It burned your mouth and you couldn't eat or drink for 30 minutes or it would taste like the stuff.  Their saying is ''It tastes horrible, but it works!''.  I agree with that, you can be sure that your flu is going away with that.

I also hate any cherry flavored medicine.  It tastes horrible.  In fact, cherry candies taste like this too...  But I never had any grape flavored medicine though.  Grape flavored things are always my favorite so I wonder if I would think it's horrible, too...

I remember some cold/flu medicine: I cannot remember the name, but by the beard of Thor, the taste.

No joke, have you ever smelt the horrible, pungent, bitter smell of rubber burning? It literally tasted like that. It was the vilest thing I have ever tasted.

I can't for the life of me remember what it was, but there was this medicine the doctor prescribed me when I had a combination of Swine Flu + Pneumonia a few years ago, and it was the thickest, most god-awful tasting stuff. Of course I had no choice at the time but in hindsight, it was easily the worst medicine I ever had.

Delsym comes in a close 2nd, as that stuff's also super thick and disgusting.

1. NyQuil. I only took it once long ago, and I still remember it. It tasted so awful, I spat it out immediately. *BLEH!*
  2. This stuff:

000c0065-0000-0000-0000-000000000000_000

Vile and pretty is such a beautiful combination. Great for the eyes…not so for your taste buds.

Penicillin in liquid form. I used to have extremely frequent tonsillitis when I was younger and I pretty much had to have this medicine every single day and it made me gag and wretch. Eventually I worked out that a spoonful of sugar (yes, literally) beforehand got rid of some of the taste and then washing the rest down with an extremely flavoursome fruit juice got rid of the rest but it still made me gag.

TEV41250.JPG

I rarely ever take medicine because I just think the drug companies are so corrupt and horrible and no. But there are some horrible cough medicines I was forced to take as a child and I usually spit them out because yuck  :eww:

The original Buckley's Mixture, a 'wonderful' cough syrup from Toronto, Canada. Invented in the 1900's, still sold today but with a slightly different formula. Once taken, you never get sick again for fear of having to take more of this stuff. Some of the ingredients: Capsicum (the stuff in hot sauce), pine oil (Yes, floor cleaner), camphor (an insect repellant), etc.

• Brohoof 1

I don't recall the name, but some form of steroid I once had to take for my asthma, it was these white tablets I had to take 2.5 of a day and they started melting and tasting like hell the minute they hit my tongue.

Runner up from my childhood is chewable bubblegum flavored Tylenol. It just tastes of sweet(the bad kind like trying to eat large mouthfuls of pure sugar). The liquid is just as bad along with orange flavored ibuprofen(that may have been worse because it had the burning/bite of bad citrus mixed with it), and both were so thick and syrupy. 

Any med in a gel-cap is bad as well, If you don't swallow fast enough it tastes like a bug flew in your mouth. 

Edited by Shoboni
  • Brohoof 2

• 8 years later...

A supposedly calming drug liquid that was supposedly black licorice.  Not even close. It didn't work anyway either, it just made me hyper. The dentist had a minor life crisis over it, which was moderately entertaining. 

Second worst being a codeine cough syrup that was grape flavored. After a while of being sick, you didn't exactly hate it however as that stuff worked great...probably because you would fall asleep in 15 minutes. 

This cold and flu medicine I took to help with my mild COVID symptoms and more recently when I had some really bad allergies.

it’s supposed to be cherry flavored but it tastes like death.