movies/tv Foreign Films

Away

Ever since i saw it the first time, my favorite foreign movie ever is definitely Kung-Fu Hustle!!!! :D

Edited by ~Sadistic Luna~
  • Brohoof 2

Ever since i saw it the first time, my favorite foreign movie ever is definitely Kung-Fu Hustle!!!! :D

Yes. Yes. Yes.

"The handle is not on the knife." "It doesn't make it hurt less."

• Brohoof 1

The Way Back and Ong Bak are on there. And I think the Ong Bak sequels are as well.

Good to know. :) If only I didn't have so much studying to do tonight >.<

Yes. Yes. Yes.

"The handle is not on the knife." "It doesn't make it hurt less."

Oh my God! You have no idea how long it's been since I last saw that movie :lol: I don't really remember any lines from it. But I do remember this

kung-fu-hustle-2.jpg

Here, you knew that guy was screwed :D

And this :D

Screen+Shot+2012-10-08+at+2.09.12+PM.png

I always laughed till I peed when he did the eagle jump :lol:

Edited by ~Sadistic Luna~

Also, if you are a fan of shock, surrealism, Salvador Dali, or The Pixies, might I suggest this classic short nightmare of a film? Un Chien Andalou.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Un_Chien_Andalou

Thanks. :) Sounds interesting.

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned "The Lives of Others" yet.  There's that.

The recently released "La Grande Bellezza" is also worth seeing.

What are those about? :3 (I would use Google but I'm scared of running into spoilers)

Oh my God! You have no idea how long it's been since I last saw that movie :lol: I don't really remember any lines from it. But I do remember this

kung-fu-hustle-2.jpg

Here, you knew that guy was screwed :D

And this :D

Screen+Shot+2012-10-08+at+2.09.12+PM.png

I always laughed till I peed when he did the eagle jump :lol:

I actually saw it in high school, if you can believe that. We'd bring any type of films we'd want and just watch them. One of my classmates brought it in. It was gold.

Oh, Dogtooth. Quite the odd film, but I rather dug it.

If you want more perverse weirdness, check out The Piano Teacher, which I believe is on Netflix. Though something tells me you'd rather not.  :lol:

• Brohoof 1

Oh, Dogtooth. Quite the odd film, but I rather dug it.

If you want more perverse weirdness, check out The Piano Teacher, which I believe is on Netflix. Though something tells me you'd rather not.  :lol:

I did find it interesting. Something tells me that'll benefit from rewatcing it a few times... What do you think? :huh:

• Brohoof 1

I did find it interesting. Something tells me that'll benefit from rewatcing it a few times... What do you think?

I only ever watched it once, and it was a long while ago at that, so I've no clue. I myself prefer to move on to the next film and only rewatch if I felt like I missed something. If that's true for you then go right ahead. ;)  

I only ever watched it once, and it was a long while ago at that, so I've no clue. I myself prefer to move on to the next film and only rewatch if I felt like I missed something. If that's true for you then go right ahead. ;)  

I wouldn't exactly say I "missed" something but maybe rewatching it a few times will help me obtain a better understanding of it. There's so many WTF moments in it but I have a feeling that there's something more meaningful behind it all.

• Brohoof 1

I definitely recommend Battle Royale. Basically, without spoiling anything, a high school class in Japan is forced to kill each other on an island. It often gets compared to the Hunger Games, but this is more of a "mature" movie. So if you don't mind a bit of gore, you should definitely check it out. The book is even better than the movie, so I also recommend that.

• Brohoof 3

Do you mean foregin as in non American and UK movies? Or what :S

please tell me if UK movies also should be included :P

I have a bunch of horrors on my mind atm...

Cannibal Holocaust (1980)

Låt den rätte komma in aka Let the right one in (the original) (2008)

Ju-On aka The Grudge (the original) (2002)

Suspiria (1977)

Martyrs (2008)

[Rec] (2007)

[Rec]2 (2009)

El Orfanato aka The Orphanage (2007)

Shutter (2004)

Ringu aka The Ring (the original) (1998)

À l'intérieur aka Inside (2007)

Haute Tension aka High Tension aka Switchblade Romance (2003)

Profondo Rosso aka Deep Red (1975)

Død Snø aka Dead Snow (2009)

Ôdishon aka Audition (1999)

Nosferatu (1922)

and some other non-horror movies (=

El laberinto del fauno aka Pan's Labyrinth (2006)

Sen to Chihiro no kamikakushi aka Spirited Away (2001)

Män som hatar kvinnor aka The girl with the dragon tattoo (the original) (2009)

La vita è bella aka Life is Beautiful (1997)

Le fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain aka The Fabulous Destiny of Amélie Poulain (2001)

Ondskan aka Evil (2003)

Well this is a UK film but they don't speak english so I'll put it here anyways lol Slumdog Millionaire (2008)

The Intouchables (2011)

Dersu Uzala (1975)

Edited by Jokuc

Did you read the original post?

Yes silly, I mean do they mean foreign language or foreign countries

...If I'm supposed to take this literally I could spam a bunch of american movies since I'm a swede (=

Yes silly, I mean do they mean foreign language or foreign countries

...If I'm supposed to take this literally I could spam a bunch of american movies since I'm a swede (=

Well, in the OP, I said foreign to the U.S. :P

Well, in the OP, I said foreign to the U.S.

Again, I was wondering if it was language or country too, though I assume it's both lol

...Expect a bunch more movies to be posted when I get back home (=

Again, I was wondering if it was language or country too, though I assume it's both lol

...Expect a bunch more movies to be posted when I get back home (=

Native to the country, silly fily :P

Btw, I like your avatar lol. As if the mall Santas weren't already frightening enough when I was a child XD

Edited by LatinoChurro

I like a German film called "Bella Martha." (Aka: "Mostly Martha" or "Meine Tante Martha.") It was remade in America under the title "No Reservations." Don't see that one, it probably sucks. See Bella Martha. It's a love story about a chef. Sorry, I'm bad with plot synopses.

My other recommendation is a Korean film called "A Tale of Two Sisters." (Aka: "Janghwa, Hongryeon.") This is a horror film and kinda disturbing. This was also remade in America under the title "The Uninvited." Don't see that one either. It has terrible reviews. God, what's with America and ruining perfectly good foreign cinema? Buncha sell-outs...