Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why do people deny that MLP is to sell toys

Mywas

First of all This is kind of a rant of some sort.

Now that we got that coming I would like to say that I am suprised at how pissed most of the fandom becomes when they try to advertise some toy on the show.

Examples:

-Cadence and Shining

-Crystal Empire

- Alicorn Twilight

-EQGs

-heck some people were mad at Butterfly Rarity

All of those got the fandom shaken and were called "an Excuse to sell toys". But.....Isn't that the whole point of MLP? or even every single Show that appears on the hub(Besides Dan Vs).

Now I am not saying that MLP is poorly written or SOLy Made to sell toys, The writing of the show is well written and all kinds of adults and kids and males and females and even DOGS could like it(Avatar is still better though). However can't hasbro take advantage of the show from time to time so they could gain some money? It belongs to them after all.

Sorry for the rant but this whole "Hasbro is greedy" thing is ticking me off

Actually I think a lot of people have things backwards, where they think things like Alicorn Twilight were solely ideas from the show and somehow Hasbro takes their inspiration from that. I'm sorry, but the thought that Hasbro goes to DHX for ideas is absurd. DHX takes their marching orders from Hasbro. If the toy company wants alicorns, they get alicorns.

And it's been this way since the beginning. The whole reason why Rarity even exists is because Hasbro wanted to incorporate fashion play into the toyline.

I think most critics of these matters do realize that the show was commissioned by Hasbro to sell toys but are concerned that they are being introduced and used in a way which could undermine the quality of the show. I don't believe this is the case for most of the examples you have listed but clearly was the case with twilicorn. It was thrown together at the last minute in a rushed season finale that made no sense whatsoever in a season that had practically nothing to do with it otherwise except for some vague hints that are left way open to interpretation. I am not saying it can't work out but while I am now neutral there is still a lot of explaining to do about twilicorn as there is far more we don't know than what we actually do know. Simply put I don't care if Hasbro wants to add this or that so they can sell a new toy so long as it dosen't undermine the quality of the show, if they are going to make the writers put something in that will create significant changes to the show that they give the writers enough time to properly flesh it out instead of making them cram it in at the last second.

• Brohoof 1

I think most critics of these matters do realize that the show was commissioned by Hasbro to sell toys but are concerned that they are being introduced and used in a way which could undermine the quality of the show. I don't believe this is the case for most of the examples you have listed but clearly was the case with twilicorn. It was thrown together at the last minute in a rushed season finale that made no sense whatsoever in a season that had practically nothing to do with it otherwise except for some vague hints that are left way open to interpretation. I am not saying it can't work out but while I am now neutral there is still a lot of explaining to do about twilicorn as there is far more we don't know than what we actually do know. Simply put I don't care if Hasbro wants to add this or that so they can sell a new toy so long as it dosen't undermine the quality of the show, if they are going to make the writers put something in that will create significant changes to the show that they give the writers enough time to properly flesh it out instead of making them cram it in at the last second.

Why do people still see Twilicorn negatively? It is clear now that she is adorkable Twilight+ wings. Yes, she has also changed to be an almost peaked character. But that aspect of Twilight has been long in the making, and happened because it was the plan all along. Whether Twily grew wings or not does not change her character. The character she is was planned out from the beginning. When, down the line, she becomes the sole ruler of Equestria, that will have also been planned from the start, and not just a marketing ploy.

The plan was for Twily to become a strong leader all along. Hasbro just added wings to the picture.

I think some people are convinced that MLP is the gold standard of animation, or even television as a whole, and refuse to believe that, economically speaking, the show is first and foremost a 22 minute commercial for little girls to buy toys of the show. It was envisioned as not being annoying and well put together so that the parents that would be forced to watch with their little girls wouldn't be hitting their heads against the wall for 22 minutes. 

But no, the show is not the greatest thing to grace television or even animation. Is it a great show? Sure, but its not perfect or flawless, and I don't begrudge Hasbro the fact that the show is a plug for their toys. Heck ,G1 Transformers was exactly the same concept, and it was great!

• Brohoof 1

Hasbro has always been about selling toys, since DHX has to follow their marching orders. Since they have a show going for them, a huge fanbase, comics, and toys. Toys are a huge money asset, so people deny it because they don't think that toys are what makes the show.

The plan was for Twily to become a strong leader all along. Hasbro just added wings to the picture.

Maybe it was maybe it wasn't I have no problem with it so long as it is done right that is all I ask. Just because a change might be a good idea dosen't give it an excuse to have a piss poor rushed introduction. You could have the best idea ever but if its execution isn't done correctly will fall flat. The introduction was bad but the good news is it can work and I hope it does, despite still having some lingering doubts I am cautiously optimistic. I think this will work if Hasbro lets the writers do their jobs, so far season 4 is doing well which is encouraging so I am in wait and see mode. 

O wow another I hate that that evil company changed my twilight rant.

its job is to sell toys that's freaking obvious. that dose not mean this show need to be poor quality. the show it not a freaking masterpiece of animation so freaking what. name one modern cartoon that is! every show out there has flaws this one is much better than most and shockingly better than gen1-3. so please get off this anti princess twilight thing and just freaking enjoy the show. Also show me one example of a 2 part story that didn't seem rushed at lest in the second half? this show has a known flaw in making two part episodes.

Maybe it was maybe it wasn't I have no problem with it so long as it is done right that is all I ask. Just because a change might be a good idea dosen't give it an excuse to have a piss poor rushed introduction. You could have the best idea ever but if its execution isn't done correctly will fall flat. The introduction was bad but the good news is it can work and I hope it does, despite still having some lingering doubts I am cautiously optimistic. I think this will work if Hasbro lets the writers do their jobs, so far season 4 is doing well which is encouraging so I am in wait and see mode. 

It was the plan. Lauren Faust stated explicitly that she wanted Twilight to rule one day, and to be a great leader. It is evident that that aspect of the plan did not leave with her. Throughout the series, from the very beginning, it was building to Twilight the leader. Every aspect of her development led up to this. Every episode which developed Twilight thus far gave us part of the Twilight she is now. So, Hasbro added wings. So what. They only took advantage of the fact that Twilight was going to be a Princess eventually, per the writers, and not per Hasbro. They simply decided "Hey, Twilight's going to be a Princess. That makes it so much easier to give her wings." And that's what they did.

Edited by BalanceBrony

O wow another I hate that that evil company changed my twilight rant.its job is to sell toys that's freaking obvious. that dose not mean this show need to be poor quality. the show it not a freaking masterpiece of animation so freaking what. name one modern cartoon that is! every show out there has flaws this one is much better than most and shockingly better than gen1-3. so please get off this anti princess twilight thing and just freaking enjoy the show. Also show me one example of a 2 part story that didn't seem rushed at lest in the second half? this show has a known flaw in making two part episodes.

Thats what I meant.

This is a rant about People who bash on Hasbro for using the show to sell toys

I've never remotely given to bucks LOL about hasbro selling anything mlp.

you want some real fan service? have a pony become mayor in ponyville and have her called hasbro.

if she kept ruining everything the pandering would be through the rough lol.

Well. It is their show and I guess they use it for their own means. Personally I think some of the toys are... cool... anyway if ANYBODY is bashing this.

Just seriously remember they didn't plan for teenage boys and adults to watch the show in the first place. So seriously think before you bash xD...

Well. It is their show and I guess they use it for their own means. Personally I think some of the toys are... cool... anyway if ANYBODY is bashing this.

Just seriously remember they didn't plan for teenage boys and adults to watch the show in the first place. So seriously think before you bash xD...

*facepalm*

Why does everybody misunderstand my post?

I am saying that Hasbro should do what ever they want to. Be it kill a main character just to sell toys, Or even cancel the whole show.

Ahem we're in season 4.  I think that excuse is dead by now.  they know.  Hell the staff has said they made Equistrian girls for those fans.

• Brohoof 1