Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

GO TO POST-2014 MLPF WORLD CUP THREAD FOR FINAL RESULTS

Inactive01

But why would they want to do that? They'd be permabanned for being a prick anyway, as stated by the MLPF rules, and I already have rules not to be a prick anyway.

They'd want to do it in order for their main pony to win. Some people get really involved in this. And while their alternate account may be permabanned, their primary would not be, as it would be attached to a different IP/different computer or machine. So they get their favorite pony to win, get to see a little flame war, and since they are using an alternate account with a different IP they won't suffer any real consequences.

It's extremely easy to root out accounts that are made to vote on stuff and never for anything else. Also, admins tend to have another tricks up their awesome shelves.

It also speaks volumes on the cheaters' character

Anyway, +1 on Luna

Other than IP logging, there really isn't anything the admins can do outside super basic deductive skills.

And since they are using a false account, it wouldn't affect the perception of their character.

(edited)

I think right now is a good time to give a tribute to Luna. I didn't vote for her, but she is still the coolest

Princess of The Night.

princess_luna_by_rebecka_chan-d5zc4hy.jp

Edited by Frosty Nerd
  • Brohoof 3

Other than IP logging, there really isn't anything the admins can do outside super basic deductive skills. And since they are using a false account, it wouldn't affect the perception of their character.

In most forum software, pool votes made from deleted accounts are automatically deleted. At least that's the way it goes with smf and vbulletin, dunno about IP.B

To register, you need email account, and you can get a lot of things done with that. This site has been targeted by a lot of attacks by bots and multis, the admins would have to be stupendously ignorant not to set up a system to detect that kind of stuff.

• Brohoof 1

In most forum software, pool votes made from deleted accounts are automatically deleted. At least that's the way it goes with smf and vbulletin, dunno about IP.B

To register, you need email account, and you can get a lot of things done with that. This site has been targeted by a lot of attacks by bots and multis, the admins would have to be stupendously ignorant not to set up a system to detect that kind of stuff.

There are services that allow you to mass create email accounts. It is a legitmate email, but you can mass create hundreds of uniqe ones, and the admins do not have the power to track the ip that created those email accounts. You can't really get much done with an email account they made using a mass creation service, and unless they are violating felony law, no law enforcement agency is going to track down those emails.

Create fake emails+fake accounts+ip cycles= abuse of the system.

• Brohoof 1

Hahah, good luck with that xD

If the thief thought about it, the police had thought about it first

Hahah, good luck with that xD

If the thief thought about it, the police had thought about it first

I dunno mate, I'm the only one to mention it, and the admins didn't even fully cosider it. 

And if the police thought about it, most likely the thief has already done it before.

Moonbutt vs. Yellowquiet IV!

Fluttershy finally beat Luna on her 3rd try this year's March Madness voting event. She keeps the momentum train rolling.

Fluttershy got my vote.

• Brohoof 1

There are services that allow you to mass create email accounts. It is a legitmate email, but you can mass create hundreds of uniqe ones, and the admins do not have the power to track the ip that created those email accounts. You can't really get much done with an email account they made using a mass creation service, and unless they are violating felony law, no law enforcement agency is going to track down those emails.

Agreed, and even the Admins and Mods would understand that there are households with legitimate multiple members, like mine.

Anyway, back to the match at hand. Fluttershy is perhaps the most infectiously adorable character in MLP. There are some that would say that would be the base summary of her character; that her tears and huggable nature are all that there is to her. I would posit that her characterization goes far deeper than that. There is a reason that Fluttershy could not be easily corrupted by Discord, and that Celestia would later rely on her to reform the one creature that she herself had to resort to imprisonment. Fluttershy's empathy for others around is her most admirable aspect of her being. This virtue is probably what I love most about her. She stands firm, unflinching in her desire to understand and reach out, regardless of the dangers and logic to the contrary.

The fans of the yellow one have every reason to be proud of her. If I knew more Fluttershys in this world ... I dare to think that I would know heaven. It pains me to have to vote for Luna over her. I'll discuss my reasons for voting for the Princess of the Night in a later post, but I wanted to tell the Fluttershy fans this

While my vote goes to Luna ... Flutters gets a fragment of my heart.

:D

• Brohoof 4

Fluttershy got my vote. I like Luna too, but Fluttershy has had more screen time, to get me to like her. TBH, she was the first pony I took a liking to, so maybe screen time has nothing to do with it.

• Brohoof 2