Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Pokemon Gijinka Academy! (REBOOT)

That One Techpriest You Used To Know

@

Nik' bolted out of the room, having finished his cleaning and having seen something very interesting. Yes, it was a Delphox gjinka. Nik' loved ghost, dark, and psychic gjinkas as they usually fought with their brains instead of brute strength. "Hello, my name is Nik'" Nik' said, somewhat astounded at being near a psychic type

Lhee

Taking the package as permission to go, Lhee forces himself to breath through his nose and try and calm himself. He tucks the package under one arm, walking over to pick up his bag again before glancing back at the others in the gym. Without a word he turns and walks off in the direction of the restroom, his hand going to his belt out of reflex to rest on his bone club.

Thankfully the restroom was on his way to the library. After quickly finishing his business, the Marowak gijinka continues his way on towards the library. He'd never spent much time in the libraries at his old school, so with a shrug he pushes open the door and walks on in. After a quick glance around he makes his way straight to the desk, hoping to get the lecture over with quickly.

@,

Lhee very lightly raps his bone club against the desk as a way of announcing his presence, placing the package the vice principal had given him up on top of it. "You... Wanted to see me privately?" Before he could let himself forget about it, Lhee pushes the package across the desk to Ms. Delphina. "Oh, uhm... A Skarmory gijinka asked me to give this to you... I think he was a Skarmory, anyways..." It was the only thing that Lhee knew of that fit how he would have described Mr. Grimore. Granted if it wasn't native to Kanto or Johto Lhee didn't even know about it... But, it seemed to be a decent enough guess that she'd know who he was talking about.

Darius Corsac

Darius had spent the time until now in his office, filling out last minute paperwork. As usual he'd left it until the last possible day to fill it out, and now he was frantically scrawling his signature across the files where it was required. There were a number of different papers on his desk at the moment, and he seemed to be trying to fill them all out at the same time.

With a sigh he uses the palm of one hand to adjust his glasses on the tip of his nose, taking a moment to pause and flex his fingers. "I should be out there walking around, making sure the new students are finding their way around alright... Oh well, just a few more forms to finalize I suppose."

Smiling with relief as the stack of papers gradually gets smaller, the Delphox gijinka stands up to stretch. His back gives a satisfying pop! and he flicks his wrist to cause a long stick to fall out of his sleeve. Catching the wand in his hand he waves it at the disorganized papers, and like magic his desk began cleaning itself up. The stack of completed forms make their way into his outbox and he laughs quietly as he slides his wand back up into his sleeve.

Stepping out of his office and into the halls, Darius glances around before shrugging and picking a direction to start walking. Walking randomly like this will be the best way to run into any students that may be lost, anyways. Though I should at least swing by the dorms and make sure everyone's getting along alright as they meet their new roommates.

Delphina opened it and quite literally squeezed with happiness, leaning across the desk to give him a big hug. Calming herself down and clearing her throat, she said, "We now, umm, have a LARPing club. As for why you are here; I suggest you keep focus to your studies. It's unfortunate about your history, but you have to keep others out from under your skin. You don't realize this, but you happened to teach that Smeagle how to use boneclub. Just, be careful. In other news, do you know what LARP is?"

"But of course. I have Pokeblocks of all colors." He pulled out a pink block and offered it to her. "My name is Rune Blade. I don't think I've ever met you here, Miss Synthia is it? I just know your name since it was on the dormitory assignments." Rune began to unpack and put his spare clothes in an empty drawer, placing his fencing gear in the closet in the corner of the room. "So, tell me about yourself." Rune said as he pulled out a red block and popped it in his mouth, chewing on it idly. There was a clack as a folding table popped open and Rune looked over. It was a Mewtwo Gijinka. "Ah, so you must be Sora. My name is Rune Blade." Rune said, offering the case to Sora.

Synthesis gently took the block and nibbled on it. She met nobodies eyes, even after shefinished the treat. Eventually, she asked, "Mr. Blade, do you have any puffins?" They were kind of her favorite, and she knew that if there was a poffins around, she was safe.

"Poffins? I don't have any myself, but they probably have some in the cafeteria. I'd be happy to treat you to one if you'd like." Rune turned and face the Mewtwo Gijinka. "You're welcome to come with us if you want. I'll get you something too if you'd like." Rune said, pocketing his wallet and pokeblock case.

Lhee

@,

Lhee tenses up slightly when she hugs him, though when she pulls away he drops his gaze to the floor and rubs at the back of his neck with his bone club.  "I'm sorry...  Brush-Butt made a crack about my mother, I...  I just kinda lost it..."  He gives a quiet sigh before bringing his gaze back up to meet hers.  "And...  LARP?  Er...  Is that some kind of new pokemon or something?"

Wait...  So she didn't bring me here to yell at me?  Here I was expecting a scolding and getting kicked out...

Darius Corsac

@,

Darius smiles at the student, reaching up with one hand to adjust his glasses as he gets a better look at him.  "A pleasure to meet you, young man.  I'm Mr. Corsac, one of the teachers here at the Academy.  I don't remember seeing you around, so I take it you're new here?"  

@@Suitaloo@,

Sora paused, not turning around. He sighed and silently unpacked a case of test tubes while answering. "Well... sure. If you want me to come, I'll come." He finished carefully placing them with the rest of his lab by his bedside before standing up slowly and sitting on his bed, waiting for everyone to get going.

"Well, I suppose we should get going then." Rune lead the way to the cafeteria. Not a terribly long walk, but it was longer than from the front door to the dorm, that's for sure. Rune held the door open for Synthia and Sora as they entered. "There's the cafeteria line." Rune said, pointing to a propped-open door on the right side of the room.

• Brohoof 1

@

"Yes, I'm new" Nik' said, a stupid grin spread across his face. "So, what class do you teach?" Nik' asked, curious to know when he'd be able to meet up with the psychic gjinka again. Perhaps he'd be able to learn a better psychic mover than Reflect, which wasn't the best move ever

@@Suitaloo, @,

Sora paused, not turning around. He sighed and silently unpacked a case of test tubes while answering. "Well... sure. If you want me to come, I'll come." He finished carefully placing them with the rest of his lab by his bedside before standing up slowly and sitting on his bed, waiting for everyone to get going.

Synthia was absolutely amazed they sold poffins here. "Y-y-you mean, you can BUY poffins? And they just give them to you?" She frowned, thinking of all the things she'd done just to get a poffins. Even the spicy ones. It made her blush from embarrassment, as she stood.

• Brohoof 1

Darius Corsac

@,

A sly smile crosses Darius' face at Nik's eagerness, raising up a finger to stave off the questions.  "That eager to learn, aye lad?  Don't worry...  I'm sure we'll cross paths again.  The Academy isn't that big, after all."  Darius chuckles softly before winking at the smeargle gijinka, patting him on the shoulder.  He was well aware that he hadn't answered the student's question, but it was harmless to be a little cryptic for now.  He was part fox, after all - sly mannerisms came easy to the instructor.

"Speaking of which, I hope you're finding your way around just fine?  Found your room, cafeteria, all that and whatnot?  You know, the important places on campus?"  The older Delphox chuckles again as he asks, crossing his arms with that small playful smile playing across his lips again.

"Of course you can buy poffins, they're just food. Since you liked the pink pokeblocks, I'm assuming you'd want a pink poffin as well, am I right?" Rune pulled out his wallet and grabbed 50Pok%C3%A9monDollar.png and handed it to Synthia. "Just go in, ask for whatever kind of poffin you want, then pay at the end of the line. It's fairly simple."

@,

Dustin smiled slightly and straightened up a little more. "I-it's alright... I'm surprised I didn't mess up my name, if it makes you feel any better." The Sandshrew gijinka grinned sheepishly and rubbed his arms. "It's uh... nice to meet you Amaya. Your name's nice too..." 

@

"Yes, I can get a bird's eye view anyway" Nik' said, still excited. Well, he had time to kill, might as well ask a few questions. "Why are ghost types weak to dark types? I mean, a simple bite is apparently very painful to a ghost" Nik' said, looking quizzical as he did

"Oh gods, Oh Gods, OH GODS! Not good, not good at all!"

Came a rather quiet voice in the distance from the school. From the sky came a floating dark figure, though quite small in appearance, that drifted downwards as fast as he could muster, though considering it's the start of the day, he was quite sluggish. It was a Duskull Gijinka that had been perhaps running late due to him being a total night owl and not at all use to the coming abouts of day. 

"First day and I'm already....breaking status quo...not good at all.." He said to himself quite worried as he drifted as fast as his ghostly might could.

Eventually he was able to arrive at the front of the campus and was able to go through the main entrance, though to his relief it didn't seem like here were classes starting. He wiped a non-existent sweat with his long sleeve and continued to drift lazily through the corridors. He figured to himself it would be wise to find his dorm they had assigned him, whichever that may be. He saw quite a bit of other Gijinka along the way, he was very much satisfied to be within his own crowd...well at least where Gijinkas are involved, but with other ghost pokemon...that's bit of a stretch.

Regardless of all these thoughts running about in his ghostly head, Dusk looked onwards with full optimism and excitement. Even if his own sluggish appearance didn't express this too well. He carried on floating about and continued on his way, where ever the heck that lead to.

Darius Corsac

@,

Darius chuckles and starts to walk down the hall again, assuming that the student would be following.  "Well, now you're getting past the physical limitations of the typing system and into the philosophy behind it...  There's a large field of research that goes on in labs around the world about such things.  It would be difficult to explain outside of a class setting, perhaps even within one..."

Glancing out of the corner of his eye with that sly grin once again playing across his face, Darius calmly adjusts his glasses with the palm of his hand.  "Though, I suppose I could try.  Bite is a difficult move to use for this example though...  You may not know, as young as you are, but there was a time where people were still unsure about the very existence of a Dark type.  For example, the recent revelations about Fairy typing."

The older Delphox smiles and shrugs, holding his hands out to his sides as he walks.  He actually liked trying to educate younger minds, he only hoped that the smeargle was following his reasoning.  "On a topic like this, I can't really give a this is right, this is wrong answer...  There's a lot of thinking and philosophy behind the why of how things work.  One theory suggests the method of hunting the hunters."

As he speaks Darius turns around, casually walking backwards to look at Nik to see if the student is still listening.  "For example, compare the two moves Shadow Ball and Dark Pulse.  Both involve the use of dark energy, yet one is classified as a signature ghost attack while one is a powerful dark move.  Some theorists believe that Dark types are able to actually harness this energy even better than the ghosts, effectively becoming threats to a typing that would otherwise have the advantage in many match-ups...  You know, if you're really interested in this type of topic, I can recommend a few pieces of literature you could likely pick up from the library at some point in the semester.  There's one by Professor Elm which goes into the topics in a very easy to follow manner."

Darius Corsac

@,

Darius chuckles and starts to walk down the hall again, assuming that the student would be following.  "Well, now you're getting past the physical limitations of the typing system and into the philosophy behind it...  There's a large field of research that goes on in labs around the world about such things.  It would be difficult to explain outside of a class setting, perhaps even within one..."

Glancing out of the corner of his eye with that sly grin once again playing across his face, Darius calmly adjusts his glasses with the palm of his hand.  "Though, I suppose I could try.  Bite is a difficult move to use for this example though...  You may not know, as young as you are, but there was a time where people were still unsure about the very existence of a Dark type.  For example, the recent revelations about Fairy typing."

The older Delphox smiles and shrugs, holding his hands out to his sides as he walks.  He actually liked trying to educate younger minds, he only hoped that the smeargle was following his reasoning.  "On a topic like this, I can't really give a this is right, this is wrong answer...  There's a lot of thinking and philosophy behind the why of how things work.  One theory suggests the method of hunting the hunters."

As he speaks Darius turns around, casually walking backwards to look at Nik to see if the student is still listening.  "For example, compare the two moves Shadow Ball and Dark Pulse.  Both involve the use of dark energy, yet one is classified as a signature ghost attack while one is a powerful dark move.  Some theorists believe that Dark types are able to actually harness this energy even better than the ghosts, effectively becoming threats to a typing that would otherwise have the advantage in many match-ups...  You know, if you're really interested in this type of topic, I can recommend a few pieces of literature you could likely pick up from the library at some point in the semester.  There's one by Professor Elm which goes into the topics in a very easy to follow manner."

"Huh, I'll go check it out" Nik' said, his photographic memory kicking into overdrive. "Another few questions, why is Bite considered a dark move and why are dark types weak to the bug type?" Nik' said ,snickering slightly at a memory in which a Darkrai gjinka had run away screaming from a Caterpie and when a Gengar gjinka had been nearly knocked out by the Bite of a mere Rattatta. Nik' had only seen a few dark types and whenever he saw them, they were usually the likes of Cacturne and Sableye. Another reason Nik' wanted to learn about the ghost and dark types was because he desperately wanted to use their moves. The Smeargle gjinka could copy the moves, but he could never pull them off quite right, much less the ghost and dark moves that seemed to fail whenever he tried them.

Lhee

@,

Lhee tenses up slightly when she hugs him, though when she pulls away he drops his gaze to the floor and rubs at the back of his neck with his bone club. "I'm sorry... Brush-Butt made a crack about my mother, I... I just kinda lost it..." He gives a quiet sigh before bringing his gaze back up to meet hers. "And... LARP? Er... Is that some kind of new pokemon or something?"

Wait... So she didn't bring me here to yell at me? Here I was expecting a scolding and getting kicked out...

Darius Corsac

@,

Darius smiles at the student, reaching up with one hand to adjust his glasses as he gets a better look at him. "A pleasure to meet you, young man. I'm Mr. Corsac, one of the teachers here at the Academy. I don't remember seeing you around, so I take it you're new here?"

(Had a final)

She sighs, and points to a poster that showed a picture of kids LARPing, with LARP across the top. In it were two defined groups battling it out. Underneath it were some rules about the process, ending with the question, "Sport, or Pastime." She seemed rather fond of the subject.

"Of course you can buy poffins, they're just food. Since you liked the pink pokeblocks, I'm assuming you'd want a pink poffin as well, am I right?" Rune pulled out his wallet and grabbed 50img-2124421-1-Pok%C3%A9monDollar.png and handed it to Synthia. "Just go in, ask for whatever kind of poffin you want, then pay at the end of the line. It's fairly simple."

She nervously approached the line. She waited through it, flinching whenever someone bumbed into her. When it came to be her turn, she paid for the poffin, taking what was given to her. Luckily, it was the right poffin. She fled quickly back to her roommates.

Darius Corsac

@,

Mr. Corsac laughs, holding his hands up as though to stave off the questions.  "Slow down there, lad.  There will be plenty of time for questions later, classes haven't even started yet.  This is the first day, you should be out making friends with your fellow students and such.  As I said, there will be plenty of time throughout the semester should you wish to come to me with questions, alright?"  The professor smiles and winks at Nik before he starts making his way back down the hallway.

Lhee

@,

Lhee tilts his head as he looks at the poster, absently scratching his back with his bone club.  "Huh..."  He shrugs slightly before looking back to the librarian, trying his best to put on a friendly smile.  "Er, it looks like something you'd need friends to do.  That explains why I've never heard of it...  Heh..."

• Brohoof 1

Claudia

"Oh, everyone ran off... How dull."Ms Claudia sighed, and exited the gym. With a flick off her wrist the lights dimmed to darkness and the abandoned brooms and dusters filed themselves away.' I might as well do my job now.' She thought, adjusting her hat with a bored yawn. No fun at all, doing work. She much rather enjoyed playing with the niave little babies that where her students. On she went, floating eeirly down the hallway in mundane uniformed way of a teacher.

Amaya

The Swanna girl peeked out from her hands, offering up a small, timid smile.

" Do you think so?" She ventures softly. After a moment of thought, and hesitation,she continues.

"O-Oh, well... If you don't mind my asking, do you perhaps know where i could a map? The Office? Maybe the Library?"

Edited by lyridiandandan

@,

Dusk continued his little sightseeing tour as he went by many classes and many school facilities, though little did he know that he was floating down the hallway that led to the gym. It didn't help that he was floating backwards on his back seeing the rooms disappear behind him. Only having a single glowing red eye had it's disadvantages, his depth perception and field of vision was slightly limited, so limited that he was on a set collision course towards one of the teachers! 

"I wonder...if they're serving food...at the cafeteria right now..." He muttered to himself blissfully unaware of his current situation.

• Brohoof 1

Darius Corsac

@,

Mr. Corsac laughs, holding his hands up as though to stave off the questions. "Slow down there, lad. There will be plenty of time for questions later, classes haven't even started yet. This is the first day, you should be out making friends with your fellow students and such. As I said, there will be plenty of time throughout the semester should you wish to come to me with questions, alright?" The professor smiles and winks at Nik before he starts making his way back down the hallway.

Lhee

@,

Lhee tilts his head as he looks at the poster, absently scratching his back with his bone club. "Huh..." He shrugs slightly before looking back to the librarian, trying his best to put on a friendly smile. "Er, it looks like something you'd need friends to do. That explains why I've never heard of it... Heh..."

She sighs and gets up to stand next to him. Looking at the picture, she shrugs, "You'd make a good group leader. You're passionate about your opinion, and I'm sure you'd make good decisions under pressure. All you'd have to do is learn how to lead. And that is something that everyone has to learn."

Claudia

A catlike smile slips over Ms Claudias lips as the student floated obliviously towards her, an idea forming and whirling in her head. She slid her index finger over the thick manilla folder she held in arm, thinking it over.

' Well,' she thought ever so cheekily.

'Steely wouldn't mind if i played with the students just once more~'

She closed her eyes for a moment,settling her feet squarely on the tiled floor before rushing towards the poor boy.

Crash.

She bounced into the boy in such a fashion, that it left him just barely standing, but sent her plopping onto the floor. The manilla folder skittered and fluttered,the neat stack of white papers that it once housed, were sprawled out onto the floor.

"Oh no!" The history teacher sobbed, her voice quivering just the right amount." All my work, ruined!"

Edited by lyridiandandan
  • Brohoof 1

Lhee

@,

Lhee stays silent for a moment, not used to hearing anyone actually praising him.  For once he was thankful for the skull covering his head, as it meant nobody could see him blushing.  He'd come to the library expecting a lecture, but nothing like this.

He pulls his gaze away from the poster to look at Delphina, cocking his head to the side.  "...Are you sure, ma'am?  Everyone's always told me I think better with -this- than my head."  To emphasize his point he raises up his bone club, whacking it against his skull once with a dull thud.  Granted Lhee never really talked to people, so when people said that it was usually based on first impressions...  But that never really occured to the Marowak gijinka before.

"I mean...  What would I have to do?"  He really was caught off guard by all of this.  In his old school no one had wanted him to do anything with them, and as such he'd never really spent any attention to the extracurricular activities.  

Razor Grass had found her way to her room! But wasn't done exploring around the school yet. 

She cracked the door open just a little- someone might be inside and she didn't want to randomly open the door and scare anybody!

There didn't seem to be anyone in there so Razor opened the door wide open and stepped in. Blowing her hair falling in front of her face out of the way, she dropped her suitcase in front of her bed and sat down on the spot she had chose as her own. First come, first serve. She got to pick the bed herself. She unloaded her nice possessions like a photograph of her old home on the small nightstand beside her bed. 

Guess I'll leave my room again, since I claimed my bed already. 

She spun around and left the room, closing the door quietly behind her. 

@,

"GAH!" Dusk was thrown from his lazy floating and was knocked onto the ground face first and butt high in the air, this caused him to lose his mask as it slid across the floor away from him. 

He slowly kneeled up from his position and rubbed his face in pain before hearing the other whom he ran into shouting in distress, Dusk wanted to retrieve his mask before confronting another person, but he was already feeling quite guilty for being late, so he floated on over as quickly as he could to check on the older ghost gijinka.

"A-Ah! I'm sorry!...I wasn't watching- and then I- oh gods I'm so sorry..l-let me help!" Dusk flustered in a panic as he grabbed whatever documents were lying closest to him. If one were to look at his extremely worried face you would see that Dusk's face was just as white and pale as most ghosts would be. He had black faded hair and some freckles here and there o his cheeks, but the most notable feature about his maskless face was his complete lack of eyes in his eye sockets. They were pitch black except for the notable reddish-pink glowing eye that would go side to side between each socket. Was this normal for most Duskulls? Nobody really knows thanks to their tenacity to keep their masks on.

Lhee

@,

Lhee stays silent for a moment, not used to hearing anyone actually praising him. For once he was thankful for the skull covering his head, as it meant nobody could see him blushing. He'd come to the library expecting a lecture, but nothing like this.

He pulls his gaze away from the poster to look at Delphina, cocking his head to the side. "...Are you sure, ma'am? Everyone's always told me I think better with -this- than my head." To emphasize his point he raises up his bone club, whacking it against his skull once with a dull thud. Granted Lhee never really talked to people, so when people said that it was usually based on first impressions... But that never really occured to the Marowak gijinka before.

"I mean... What would I have to do?" He really was caught off guard by all of this. In his old school no one had wanted him to do anything with them, and as such he'd never really spent any attention to the extracurricular activities.

"Show up to practice and show you can take charge," she responds. "Have you considered the possibility that you think with this," she taps his chest, "Rather than that?" She points to his club, "Don't sell yourself short. You are much smarter than you seem to want to believe. If you need proof," she gestures to her library, "Then look in the books." She uses Psychic to bring a few of the more 'fun' books about heroes.