Yellow Diamond

S04:E06 - Power Ponies  

253 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it.
    • Meh, it was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

This is probably already said before, but anypony noticed that mlp is focusing way more on epic adventure and more boyish like things lately? Not that I mind it, but still, they shouldn't overdo it,

Boys liking female chars, it's legit ;) But this is great, they change the focus, something another company and another show I watch (TS) - they never moved the focus and that was bad to continue in the same way.

• Brohoof 1

Loved this episode! It had been one I'd been really anticipating since the Comic-Con preview and it failed to disappoint. Flutterhulk was a strange idea but its outcome did make me laugh, and I enjoyed all the comic references.

So rainbow was storm

flutter shy was hulk

Pinkie was flash

Rarity was green lantern

Twilight was a pony with a laser on her head :P

And applejack was herself with a better lasso

Did I miss anything?

Funny episode, but hopefully this other dimension/breaking the forth wall stuff isn't gonna happen too often, I can see it getting old quickly

But good episode none the less B)

post-19882-0-52341800-1387668639.jpg

So rainbow was storm

flutter shy was hulk

Pinkie was flash

Rarity was green lantern

Twilight was a pony with a laser on her head :P

And applejack was herself with a better lasso

Did I miss anything?

Funny episode, but hopefully this other dimension/breaking the forth wall stuff isn't gonna happen too often, I can see it getting old quickly

But good episode none the less B)

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Thanks for this XD I had no idea who half of the ponies were supposed to be lol

I only know Storm flash and Flutters

What surprises me is the fact Hasbro hasn't ?

got on the band wagon and start making Power Pony action figures where you press a button on their leg for their super powers how cool would that be ?

Flutterhulk doesn't need to be a toy imo as hilarious as it may be to see I think it would give kids nightmares

mind you I would love one of Rarity or Twilight in those costumes :3

Edited by ~SadisticCakebandit~
  • Brohoof 2

People are complaining about Flutterhulk...

Am I missing something? In my head that was just a superpower that she borrowed from the comic hero. This has nothing to do with the real Fluttershy.

It's kind of just weird more than anything in my opinion :P 

I just can't imagine something cute and adorable turn into a massive crazy bulky pony

Not great. It was honestly just... Cheesy. Sleezy remake of actual comics. Worst episode of S4 by far.

My list:

1. Castle-Maneia

2. Princess Twilight Sparkle

(2 episodes)

3. Daring Don't

-----------------

4. Flight to the Finish

5. POWER PONIES

Edited by Twilight Sniper
  • Brohoof 1

I thought this episode was pretty okay. Mane-iac. She was hilarious.

The only real problem I have with this episode is the FlutterHulk design...it just looked really bad, to me. :( But I was pretty happy with the episode other than that.

Eh...Hasbro, maybe go ahead and stick to your usual agenda. This was possibly...my least favorite. Not to say it was horrible but...this is beginning to bother me. I don't want season 4 to be the Brony season. I'm not sure how many bronies like me exist, but I fell in love with the show because it was what it was. It was a unique cartoon with adorable ponies, great songs, and enjoyable original episodes. This was just kind of...eh, and a common idea for many shows.

I don't know how to explain it. This is getting more boy like and I love the show for how it used to be. The CMC episode before this felt like a nice one because that felt more like how a usual MLP episode is. As well as the season premiere and the episode after that. Those felt right. I'm a guy, sure, but I'm gonna come out and say I don't want this to begin to aim towards bronies. It feels wrong.

It was cheesy and I already don't remember what happened. It's very vague already. It lost my attention.

Eh...Hasbro, maybe go ahead and stick to your usual agenda. This was possibly...my least favorite. Not to say it was horrible but...this is beginning to bother me. I don't want season 4 to be the Brony season. I'm not sure how many bronies like me exist, but I fell in love with the show because it was what it was. It was a unique cartoon with adorable ponies, great songs, and enjoyable original episodes. This was just kind of...eh, and a common idea for many shows.

I don't know how to explain it. This is getting more boy like and I love the show for how it used to be. The CMC episode before this felt like a nice one because that felt more like how a usual MLP episode is. As well as the season premiere and the episode after that. Those felt right. I'm a guy, sure, but I'm gonna come out and say I don't want this to begin to aim towards bronies. It feels wrong.

It was cheesy and I already don't remember what happened. It's very vague already. It lost my attention.

I think I understand. For example: too many action scenes when that is not what made the show great to begin with. You are missing the good dialogues and character development that used to exist in slice of life episodes. Also, there seem to be more adventure episodes. Is that right?

• Brohoof 1

I just finished watching Power Ponies and it was so awesome!  :wub:

As some of you might know Daring Don't is my top episode of Season 4 so far and i think Power Ponies has that beat!

Season 4 episode ranking so far:

1. Power Ponies

2. Daring Dont

3. Castle Mania

4. Princess Twilight Sparkle 1&2

Anyway about the show, i thought it was nice to see a little more cartoon violence in the show and some superhero action (I love superhero movies). My favourite power pony in that episode would have to be Fluttershy then Rarity. Fluttershy was so adorable in that episode except when she turned into Flutterhulk. 

My favourite power pony costume in order would be:

1. Fluttershy (she looks so cute in it)

2. Twilight

3. Rarity

4. Pinkie 

5. Rainbow Dash

6. AppleJack

My favourite super POWER would have to be Rarity's. I mean she can make anything pop up with her bracelet just by thinking about it, how cool is THAT!? 

Coming to a conclusion, this is so far my favourite episode of Season 4 and I'm pretty sure that can change. The writers of the MLP series is going ALL OUT in Season 4 so a big thank you to them for their hard work.  :yay:

Edited by Dashie~
  • Brohoof 1

I think I understand. For example: too many action scenes when that is not what made the show great to begin with. You are missing the good dialogues and character development that used to exist in slice of life episodes. Also, there seem to be more adventure episodes. Is that right?

Yeah that's what I was thinking. So like, the upcoming episode 9 for this season, Pinkie Apple Pie, sounds like a great one because it's a cheerful episode in which a family trip occurs. Doesn't sound too action filled, and the fact every character from the Apple Family is involved sounds like it will be a great episode for knowing them better collectively.

Edited by FeIix

Yeah that's what I was thinking. So like, the upcoming episode 9 for this season, Pinkie Apple Pie, sounds like a great one because it's a cheerful episode in which a family trip occurs. Doesn't sound too action filled, and the fact every character from the Apple Family is involved sounds like it will be a great episode for knowing them better collectively.

I agree with you. The show seems (keyword: "seems") to be losing it's focus.

My guess is that the producers are trying to reach to other audiences, missing that they are changing what made the show great to begin with. Well, I still have fun with it: I like the world that they created, the characters are still there. Wait up before you jump off the boat. Next episodes may be better in these areas. Remember... We still have a lot of episodes to go.

• Brohoof 1

I love episodes involving applejack and Applebloom I love the ascents and appleblooms bow :3 they are adorable

I agree with you. The show seems (keyword: "seems") to be losing it's focus.

My guess is that the producers are trying to reach to other audiences, missing that they are changing what made the show great to begin with. Well, I still have fun with it: I like the world that they created, the characters are still there. Wait up before you jump off the boat. Next episodes may be better in these areas. Remember... We still have a lot of episodes to go.

That's exactly what seems to be happening.

But yes, I don't plan to jump off this boat anytime soon. One episode won't make a difference. :)

I love episodes involving applejack and Applebloom I love the ascents and appleblooms bow :3 they are adorable

Yeah. :P I try copying the voices sometimes. That's actually how I unintentionally realized I could voice Braeburn. :D

Edited by FeIix

Hulkshy was... AWESOME!!!!  And Pinkie Pie was also awesome  in this episodexD

The episode: is good, but it isn't the best. I prefer "Flight to the Finish", or "Castle Mane-ia" But this it's the funniest episode in this season xDDD.

Score: 7,95/10

Edited by jorge123esp

I did not like this episode at all. I don't hate it, the episode was just kind of boring and felt out of place with the show. In a recipe you should sometimes add a little spice, but adding too much can ruin the dish, if you know what I mean

Overall: 5.5/10

Edited by Lyrafinish
  • Brohoof 1

Hulkshy was... AWESOME!!!!  And Pinkie Pie was also awesome  in this episodexD

The episode: is good, but it isn't the best. I prefer "Flight to the Finish", or "Castle Mane-ia" But this it's the funniest episode in this season xDDD.

Score: 7,95/10

Hulkshy was awesome but kinda creepy I cant get over the oddness of the hooves :s

flutterhulk_by_liamwhite1-d6ysdc5.png

P.S. Castle mania was awesome and cool =p gotta love Celestia and Luna's hall of pony hooves