S04:E06 - Power Ponies  

253 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it.
    • Meh, it was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

Flutterhulk was mildly disturbing in my opinion

I honestly didn't like the Flutterhulk thing, over dramatic, over berring and just plain over blown.

While I found the episode cute for the most part, its not an episode that will stick to me nor will it be one where I would point to, to show what this show is about

The AJ= Wonder Woman link is tenuous at best.  Wondy is much more than her lasso, she's basically a female Superman.  And you forgot Rarity = Green Lantern.

It isn't just the lasso, though. She also has cuffs, and her horseshoes have stars on them:

post-2257-0-99326600-1387688375_thumb.jpg

Like on Wonder Woman's tiara

Wonder_Woman_0002.jpg

Still tenuous, but I think that's what they were going for without being too obvious about it.

But....Wouldn't that have killed Spike haha? 

The laser makes hair go wild. Spike has no hair, so it wouldn't affect him at all, probably.

• Brohoof 1

I liked the episode, although I almost felt like the idea of the ponies being sucked into a comic book was a bit farfetched.

083.png

But, it's what you would expect if your comic book is enchanted like the rest of Equestria. Fluttershy.. sorta scared me .-., lol not really, I thought it was funny how she went berserk over a weak, err, I mean, tiny glow bug. Looks like she gets upset anytime somepony isn't showing kindness to others (also recall Dragonshy), so that's a start if you want to make her furious.

I liked the episode, although I almost felt like the idea of the ponies being sucked into a comic book was a bit farfetched.

img-2135391-1-083.png

But, it's what you would expect if your comic book is enchanted like the rest of Equestria. Fluttershy.. sorta scared me .-., lol not really, I thought it was funny how she went berserk over a weak, err, I mean, tiny glow bug. Looks like she gets upset anytime somepony isn't showing kindness to others (also recall Dragonshy), so that's a start if you want to make her furious.

And getting sucked into a mirror portal to another world, isn't?

@,
You forgot the poll, Brother.

If i got this correct,

Fluttershy= Hulk 
Rainbow Dash= Thor
Pinkie=Flash
Twilight=IDK, cause I was thinking Iceman but i was lead to believe she could do other things
Apple Jack=Wonder Woman
Rarity=Green Lantern.
The villian reminded me of either Medusa or Doc Oc. Sorry in advance if im mucking things up. I only pay attention to Thor, the best Avenger ever, and his world. Cause lets be honest, who needs other heros when you have Thor?

Anyways, this episode was a rollercoaster of "Really?" and "BUCK YEAH!". I was facepalming when, yet again, the writers decided to make Spike the butt of an already played out joke. They had a chance to make Spike cooler and not the comic relief. Oh but no, lets go the easy route and make him thus. WHY DONT YOU JUST SAY MY KIND ARE USELESS, HASBRO! Sure they aren't playing into the whole "Dragons gonna rip stuff up" Cliche but can they at least make one episode where it doesnt start off as Spike being the comic relief? 

I know its a kid show and in this episode he had a lot of character development for Spike, but i want to see something more philosophic from him.

Overall the episode was a nice parody to the Avengers but the way they made Fluttershy Hulk up was dumb. I mean, have the villain hurt Spike, since he was the one to mess up her plans to begin with. She hits a firefly, an insect not an animal, and Fluttershy loses her cool. Just...no...go back to the writers guild.

A pretty cool episode. The Mane-iac won it for me, though I can only wish that I understood what her evil plan was all about. As well as the meaning of some of the comic character's names. Fillysecond? Humdrum? :P

Filly second is a play on millisecond, a really small period of time. She can run miles in only a millisecond, so that fits. Humdrum just means boring or useless, so it's meaningful in its own way, since he has no superpowers.

• Brohoof 2

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I thought the design and development of the Female Joker Mane-iac was pretty awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wub:

Mane-iac was amazing :P though I imagine due to her hair....much rule 34 will be made tis unfortunate for her since she is an amazing character :3

Yeah but it just bugs me when people don't like an episode just because of some over-analytically, nitpicky, insignificant thing or things. 

Not to pick on you, but I find this kind of view point a little amusing. If someone talks about an episode negatively because of the small details they dislike, they're being "overanalytical". If they explain in minute detail everything they like about the episode, they seem to get a free pass. If one is "over-analytical" behaviour, surely the other one is too?

Edited by SolarFox
  • Brohoof 1

And getting sucked into a mirror portal to another world, isn't? 

It made more sense than a Enchanted Comic book sucking you into another world that spike bought from a comic shop....

That^^. Although all sorts of crazy things happen in Equestria anyways. I mean, the Everfree Forest is pretty much Jurassic Park, as a start. The show will throw anything into its plot like dragons, portals, hydras, ursa minors, magic comic books, and so forth. So I do find it somewhat acceptable that they thought, "let's throw the mane 6 into a super hero comic book". I do thank the show for this avatar :) .

This episode is definitely the greatest I've seen so far. Never thought I would see Twilight tell Spike to stop reading? Isn't he the one going to bed while she burns the midnight candle at both ends?  :huh:

I really liked this episode. I Loved Flutters bit, hearing her was kinda scary weird.But at the same time I was laughing 

as for who each pony was....

Fluttershy = Hulk.

Rainbow Dash: Storm or Thor

Applejack = Wonder Woman

Rarity = Green Lantern

Pinkie Pie - The Flash

Twilight: Iceman

Mane-iac: The Joker

Edited by ~Daring Dash~

I'm not really keen to classic comics, so maybe that's why...

I didn't like this episode. Mane-iac is blank and stupid, i didn't, actually, catch any sensable plot in this episode, flutterhulk thing was a bad joke and the idea of magic comic that draw you in and force you to complete the story is just soooo forced. On the other hand Mare do well episode is still worse. The only two things, on my opinin, that make this episode over "mare do well" one, is Pinkie pie being pinkie pie and good valuable lesson (which they never wrote in a diary, or mentioned even after they came back). Oh, well, hope the next episode will be sooo much better, as for now i go to re-watch flight to the finish. That is much more enjoyable.

Edited by IceBeerG

I honestly didn't really like this episode at all.  Ever since I saw the preview, I wasn't really looking forward to it.  It was a bit boring, and I just hate when they make super hero references in MLP (I don't hate super heroes, I love them and I just don't like seeing it get abused in cartoons like this).

Yeah... This episode bites. The premise was really bad to begin with, and the lousy writing didn't do a damn thing to fix it. Really the only thing I liked was when Rainbow Dash, Rarity, and Fluttershy used their powers. That was fun to watch, but everything else in the episode was lazy and uninspired.

So. No poll this time?

This episode was fantastic once again :D The new character designs for the mane 6 was A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. Their power costumes were superb, and I definitely hope to see them again in the future, tho that might just be a pipe dream xD

This episode really makes me want to see Spike be the hero more often, and also made me realize how much of a good match he is with Twilight (I don't mean that in a shipping way). Twilight has the bookworm intellect and Spike complements that really well with his cleverness and ingenuity. The way he beat a bunch of Mane-iac's henchmen Solid Snake style was superb.

I really liked the moral presented at the end of the episode, also since it's something I can personally relate to. The new season so far hasn't failed to disappoint imho, and I did I mention I wanna see more Spike episodes?

99w.png

P.S. inb4 Tommy Oliver and Digibrony hate this episode.

Edited by Freedan

It wasn't a bad episode by any sense of the means. I'd put it up there with the likes of Castle Mania and Daring Don't. Overanalyzing episodes like these usually don't end well because they're not deep with characterization or story. They're more akin to the episodes you would see in Saturday morning cartoons. It all depends if you feel the charm and the fun of the episode are able to carry it on its own.

I personally thought it did pretty well, but I can easily understand why people wouldn't like it. It was good, but not what people expect from mlp.

It seems Season 4 is unafraid to take more chances, but while doing so, they risk alienating some of their older fans. It's really episodes like these that are more likely to have differences in fan opinion.

Edited by Hoofry