• It was terribad! >: (
    • I didn't like it.
    • It was...meh.
    • I liked it.
    • IT WAS GREAT AND POWERFUL!!! <3

Favorite Quote

Cranky: How do you get your hair to do that all the time

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Which actually brings up a good question, how does it?

We might know how her hair flows on it's own later on.

• Brohoof 1

Loved this episode. Had a very good meaning (with more)that actually applies to the real world. Just cause people tell you you're forgiven,doesn't mean you are. Or they forgot about your past, cause people never forget no matter how hard they try. Loved that.

And the faces in this,were cute as hell.They were so many! Trixie and Starlight are great together,Celestia didn't say a thing,guess Hasbro didn't want to pay the actress. 

Edited by TwilightAngel
  • Brohoof 1

Holy crap, that was an amazing episode! First off, seeing Trixie again was awesome. I liked how, while she wasn't doing anything too evil, she was still being malicious toward Twilight. Seemed very in character for her. Starlight was great in this episode too. Seeing her interact some more with the rest of the mane 7 was great, and it was also cool for her to find a sort of kindred spirit in Trixie. Twilight was also great in this episode. I was really worried that we were going to get some more "What About Discord?" type of stuff, and while we technically got something similar, it was much more well written and believable, in my opinion. Also, little side note, I loved when Cranky asked Celestia how her hair does that. I had a permanent smile thought most of this episode, except of course the part where Trixie revealed her true intentions. That was an emotional scene on multiple levels. I'd rate it 10/10.

• Brohoof 1

This episode was good in the whole and here's why:

I liked the interactions beetween Starlight and Trixie, it's really nice to see how much these two related to each other.

The end was great, with the apologies scene here shows that we can all do mistakes with our friends as in that we are sometimes scared that our past might ignite bad things.

I also liked the humour, I think I laughed way too much at ther Big Mac part :lol:

Did not care about the fan pandering, so yeh.

Also, Hoofdini for the win, but I hope one day we see Chris Pegasus lel.

TL;DR - Nice episode with some great interactions as I saw how Trixie and Starlight related to each other and with an ending like this that we can see the mistakes that have been done and it's something that is relatable in real life. Also, great humour to make this one a deal!

Grade: A

------------------------------------------

I predicted that people who would have hated the episode would cite the problem being "Twilight's being a paranoiac skeptical jerk" and look up there, we hit the jackpot!

Glimmer gets along WELL with ANGEL BUNNY.  Even moreso than Fluttershy -- floaty hearts level...  That is powerfully impressive.

That's just because Angel knows that deep down, Starlight is as evil as Angel. 

• Brohoof 3

I really liked Starlight in this episode. She's really on her way to becoming one of my favorite characters alongside Twilight, Rainbow Dash, and Sunset. Twilight's behavior, though, was a bit annoying. She doesn't trust Trixie at all, yet what Starlight did was much worse and she seems to get along with her just fine. Her apprehension doesn't make sense, and even when Starlight calls her out on it she doesn't adjust her behavior. By now she should know better than to act like this, especially given the fact that she's the friggin' Princess of Friendship.

All in all, though, I really enjoyed the episode. Trixie has become a much nicer character and I really enjoy her friendship with Starlight. I hope we'll get to see more of them in the future.

I think the story arc of this episode was predictable, but it was really funny. I think this is definitely the best episode of the season. Haven't enjoyed an episode that much in a while. Good job writers. :D

Edited by geartree

I rated this episode a "meh."  Mostly because I don't much like Trixie or Starlight.  I don't believe either of them is truly reformed.  The dinner scenes with Celestia were out of character, I thought.  And as someone else said, why was Fluttershy so scared of the mantichore?  (And do they really chain up animals for "circus" acts in Equestria?  Disappointing.)

What I did like was Rainbow Dash's scene.  And as someone else said, the facial animation was great on Dashie and Applejack.  It was nice to see Big Macintosh and DJ Pon, but not so much the action in their scenes.  And all they could do with Derpy is have her run into something?

The animation was excellent, and I liked getting a peep at Flutters, finally.  But I feel that it made Twilight even more of a control freak than she really is.  Personally, I think her doubts about Starlight are well-founded.  Ditto Trixie.

Yup.  Definitely a "meh."

• Brohoof 1

Hey guys it's the WubBeast back once again so once again was this episode a good character building for Starlight and Trixie, what's your favorite scene from the episode,and was the lesson a good one,and what hopes you have for the next episode,and I want to apologize to Mlp Forum Staff and everyone else for not talking for the longest time if so I'm truly sorry to you all and with that out of the way have a great day and always stay brony my friends

Edited by WubBeast

One thing that bothers me is that The Great and Powerful Trixie is for the most part unable to do actual magic. She can't even teleport herself out of a manicore and has to relay on somepony else to do it for her.

• Brohoof 2

What just makes this all the more insulting to me is how we're apparently supposed to ignore Starlight's impulsiveness earlier in the episode. Perhaps I could have looked past her using magic to set the table directly after Twilight told her not to, but casting a spell on Big Mac to force him to talk?!?!! This clearly shows how abusive and controlling she still is, and it vindicates Twilight's concerns BEFORE THE EPISODE EVEN INTRODUCES THEM!!!!!

SHE DIDN'T EVEN THINK SHE DID ANYTHING WRONG!!!!! She promptly justified this action by stating that she couldn't make friends with Big Mac if he didn't talk. I'm sorry, but if she's not at the point where she doesn't know that exerting power over others is wrong, then she truly cannot be trusted. And yet, the episode still goes out of its way to portray Twilight in the wrong for not trusting her!??!!?!?!?!??! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?!?!?

Wrong, wrong, wrong. How about the writers actually stop trying to imply that Starlight is still a psychopath before we have an episode like this where Twilight's trust in her is put to the test? Things like this do not help her to gain our trust as viewers, nor does things like her joking about enslaving the entire town to make friends with them. It's not funny. It's just more fuel to the fire as to why she can't be trusted. She should be trying to move past those actions, and not make stupid jokes about them. 

Can I retroactively add this to what I disliked about this episode?  That whole Big Mac scene was horrible. Firstly Big Mac is fucking terrified what's happening to him. I mean image if someone decided to compel you to do something against your will?  Secondly, I hate how Starlight tries to justify it. "What? I can't have a friend who doesn't talk." Yeah nevermind the pony you fucked up, it's all about how he doesn't fit YOUR build for a friend. I'm more surprised Applejack didn't beat the ever-loving crap out of her help her up after she fell down some stairs. 

• Brohoof 5

Is it just me or did Trixie kind of come across suicidal when she tried doing that trick without knowing if Starlight was still there. :o

No, I and others onsite and off notice it, too.

Is it just me or did Trixie kind of come across suicidal when she tried doing that trick without knowing if Starlight was still there. :o

I thought of that too. Trixie attempts the stunt anyways knowing that she'll might not be saved by her heartbroken friend.

Can I retroactively add this to what I disliked about this episode?  That whole Big Mac scene was horrible. Firstly Big Mac is fucking terrified what's happening to him. I mean image if someone decided to compel you to do something against your will?  Secondly, I hate how Starlight tries to justify it. "What? I can't have a friend who doesn't talk." Yeah nevermind the pony you fucked up, it's all about how he doesn't fit YOUR build for a friend. I'm more surprised Applejack didn't beat the ever-loving crap out of her help her up after she fell down some stairs. 

I often protest how much Twilight exerts her power over others, but even she's never done something that bad. 

Remind me again how exactly Starlight earned Twilight (and the mane five's) trust when she still apparently thinks that forcefully controlling people with magic isn't considered a wrong thing to do? 

Applejack at least has very little reason to trust her anymore. 

• Brohoof 3