Yellow Diamond

S04:E06 - Power Ponies  

253 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it.
    • Meh, it was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

I'm just feeling a disconnect,how did we go from searching the old castle to repareing it? Also who else thinks Twilight is reparing what will be her castle? Ether thator Luna will stop squating at Celestia's.

Well it seems to have been Rarity's idea to restore the Castle, as per Castle Mane-Ia. While Twilight was in the castle to look for info on the box, Rarity was there to restore stuff. I don't think it's too difficult to see Rarity telling the other about it. Twilight just should have got her brother to send the useless royal guards to do something useful for once and help with it... It's a government building after all...

What I would like to see is both Luna and Celestia out of Canterlot and ruling from this castle that has a dual throne room.

The Flitterhulk was funny but I don't think it was the best part. I liked how the episode built up to it.

Otherwise this episode is probably the best Spike episode so far (although I still liked Dragons Quest and Secret of my Excess) If only the moral was different because we got the same moral in the last two episodes only if different context this would've been a really good episode.

It gets a C for me. I love Spike though and seeing him depressed makes me want to go into the TV and remind him how useful he is. Remind him of other instances like The Crystal Empire.

• Brohoof 1

I loved this episode but fluttershy looked weird when she got mad

I'm too lazy to read the rest of the thread, but to stop being grossed out about FlutterHulk, I had to watch this,

remember the longer version...

And then get disappointed at how I'm all aroused about eating flesh and we're out of good steaks until we finish off the hamburger and order another cow. 

I don't understand why Pinkie is Fili-second shouldn't it have been Rainbow  I don't know maybe its a silly question :huh:

if she had that power the city would die from rainbooms\

also I just noticed that city had no other ponies for like citizens did it?

• Brohoof 1

if she had that power the city would die from rainbooms\

also I just noticed that city had no other ponies for like citizens did it?

perhaps all the windows would break :wacko:

and I think the city is populated by goons :lol:

Watch this clip, then tell me who's faster.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3pXS2i5AnI

well I know that but Pinkie defies physics that doesn't necessarily mean that she is fast she's an anomaly B)

I like that Spike didn't need to prove to the others that he was useful. They knew that already, especially after important events like the Crystal Empire. This wasn't about Spike proving his worth to his friends; It was about proving it to himself, and I think the episode pulled that off pretty well.

Power Ponies was tons of fun, and I enjoyed the zany, Silver Age tone of the dialog and story. The Mane-iac was great, and I enjoyed seeing each pony's superhero persona.

All in all, another solid episode from season 4.

• Brohoof 1

I was incredibly excited for Power Ponies. I’ve never been much of a comic book reader or fan of superhero stories in general, but I do usually enjoy cartoon adaptions and spoofs of comic books because they usually involve a lot of hilariously bad puns and over-the-top action. Well, this episode delivered on providing a good heap of both! I would even go so far as to call this my favorite episode of season 4 thus far! :D

There was a considerable amount of build-up before the ponies ended up in the comic book world of Maretropolis. The antagonist, Mane-iac, was given enough of a backstory to be intriguing. She wasn’t outstanding as far as her depth or motive, (she really wasn't supposed to be) but for a such a fun and unique episode as this one, she fit the bill perfectly. Spike’s disapproval of the character Humdrum was well established before he ended up becoming the Humdrum in Maretropolis, so it was easy to sympathize with Spike’s feelings of uselessness once he took on such an undesirable role. My favorite thing about this episode was Spike’s portrayal. During the bulk of season 3, we saw many unflattering sides of Spike - greedy, incompetent, and just generally out of character if you ask a large portion of the fandom. Well I can safely say that this is one of, if not the best Spike episode yet. Instead of screwing things up or getting himself into mischief, he displayed a great deal of self-sufficiency and a strong sense of urgency. He managed to play a huge part in saving the day while being the same lovable baby dragon he was for the majority of the first two seasons. This is the Spike I want to see more of because he's a tremendous character when utilized right. :)

And of course it was a ton of fun seeing our favorite ponies with cool costumes, personas, and special powers. The Flutterhulk scene was probably the funniest moment in the show! :lol: I was impressed with Mistress Mare-velous’ ability to stop the tornado using her psychic-controlled lasso. Does this mean Zapp’s tornadoes are useless against Mistress? Radiance seems to be the fan favorite Power Pony, and it’s hardly surprising given her unique ability to summon anything she thinks of! Fili-Second’s super speed abilities were a perfect fit for Pinkie Pie,  just the same as Masked Matter-Horn’s amazing magic beams of doom made a lot of sense for Twilight. There was plenty of creativity here in the names and costumes for each pony, and their powers were all based on familiar comic heroes that are loved by many - Cyclops, The Flash, The Incredible Hulk, Thor, The Green Lantern, and Wonder Woman/Batman (Come on, Applejack wielded a lasso akin to Wonder Woman's Lasso of Truth. How befitting and awesome was that?) :D

Some of the minor details that made me smile: Twilight giving Spike a couple more minutes of reading time at the beginning of the episode. This shows that Spike has really grown up a lot and that Twilight can count on him to obey her requests. Spike is no longer being treated like the baby dragon who needs his rest. I also want to point out that this was the first time in which Applejack used the word “lasso” to refer to the iconic rope that she is so skilled with. Pointless trivia sure, but you can expect me to take note of things like that. :blush:

All in all, I was highly impressed with the episode and I feel like season 4 is really heating up. Now, enjoy seeing the Power Ponies Power Ranger-ified because I can't stop watching it. :|

• Brohoof 4

Rarity's constructs made this episode. They were just perfect. The Day is Saved reference was great. Pinkie leaping into the comic on purpose was awesome.

Dash was unusually lame with the weather trinket that required holding. Fluttershy's transformation was a bit of an anti-climax. Also no thought was given to Spike essentially being Batman, but I guess that's because the comic already painted the character as useless and not awesome.

They missed a trick by not allowing the villain to secretly escape the comic right at the end when it vanished into thin air. MLP needs more awesome villains.

Missed another trick by not emphasising that Pinkie's superspeed powers were carried over back to the real world, since Pinkie is just ridiculous and can superspeed whenever she wants, regardless of anything. She should have picked up the muffins back in Equestria AFTER returning :D

Edited by Casbyness

This episode was ok for me. I loved how they were super heroes and Flutters was great. But the whole plot seemed random and slapped together at the lat minuet. Even Maneiac was just ok for me and I usually love new villeins. I just feel as if the writers could have come up with a more creative way to show this moral.