Yellow Diamond

S04:E06 - Power Ponies  

253 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it.
    • Meh, it was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

I would have enjoyed it more if the show focused more on the castle reconstruction. The ancient castle does seem more relevant to the story and so much awesome content can potentially thrive from the new setting of the castle, and further character growth. Anyone else slightly let down by how the main plot is being bypassed?

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

Love how spike described himself.

So the comic just ate the ponies... Well that happened

So going to make a couple prediction of what I've seen so far for the series... First twilight is so moving into the castle after its finished being rebuilt. Second the season final is going to resolve around the games in the crystal empire. No idea on the vilian since it seems randomized.

• 3 weeks later...

I watched this episode again after having been away from it for a while.  Still not my favorite of the season, but I like it more now than when I first watched it.  Mainly because I realized that nobody was taking it too seriously, except possibly Spike. :)  It was a good diversion.

I do agree, though, that especially now that we're more than halfway through it, the season does seem to have an awful lot of diversions from what we thought was going to be the main plot.  The rainbow keys seem to be the only thing really holding together any sense of continuity.

I was excited to see this episode after watching the rough storyboard.

I was... disappointed to say the least.

I don't have much else to say than it was underwhelming.

But I thoroughly enjoyed the Maneiac.

I love psychotic characters.

• 2 weeks later...

Although I didn't enjoy this episode as thoroughly as I did for some of the others, it was a very nice Spike episode - I was hoping for one of those!

My favorite Power Ponies, in order:

1. Radiance

2. Masked Matter-Horn

3. Saddle Rager

4. Mistress Marevelous

5. Zap

6. Fili-Second

Favorite part: Flutterhulk's debut

Favorite line: "Well, we had a good half-second before we got sucked back to Equestria, and the Maretropolis bakery was only 65 blocks away!"

So @,

So that's what Pinkie said.  I could only understand about the first half of that.  I understood "Well, we had a good half-second before we got sucked back to Equestria  and the ??? bakery was only ?? blocks away."

• 3 weeks later...

Out of the mane 6, Pinkie Pie and Rarity had the best powers. :D

Flutterhulk was maybe too exaggerated... But it was a good idea.

Good episode overall.

Overall I thought this episode was pretty cool. The power's somewhat resembled there personalities I really can't wait to see how the Castro's gonna look. I really wanna see the episode rebuilt a little bit more than what they showed in just this episode yahoo know?

(edited)

They're really overusing that whole "Fluttershy becomes not so shy anymore" trend.  It's been happening to much.  The latest one was the Ponytones I think.  New joke would be cool and less repetitive.

Edited by Ellie

They're really overusing that whole "Fluttershy becomes not so shy anymore" trend.  It's been happening to much.  The latest one was the Ponytones I think.  New joke would be cool and less repetitive.

Dealing with aspects of her shyness is at the core of Fluttershy's character.  I don't really see how they can continue to write for her without continuing to have her work on that.  For her to fully overcome her shyness and not have any more to do there would be to completely change her character.  IMO, she wouldn't be Fluttershy anymore.

Dealing with aspects of her shyness is at the core of Fluttershy's character.  I don't really see how they can continue to write for her without continuing to have her work on that.  For her to fully overcome her shyness and not have any more to do there would be to completely change her character.  IMO, she wouldn't be Fluttershy anymore.

That is true but out of 4 seasons, it doesn't seem like Fluttershy has made any progress on her shyness.  There's not character development.  It's almost as if she's stuck in time while everyone else is moving on because the creators have boxed themselves in with a character that has no no room for more creativity.

That is true but out of 4 seasons, it doesn't seem like Fluttershy has made any progress on her shyness.  There's not character development.  It's almost as if she's stuck in time while everyone else is moving on because the creators have boxed themselves in with a character that has no no room for more creativity.

Not so sure I agree.  All of the characters have had strides forward and steps back, in dealing with their major character flaws.

Rainbow Dash has always had conflicts between her self-worship, her personal dreams, and her sense of loyalty.  In some episodes, she's a fantastically loyal friend, and in other episodes, she could power a whole city with her ego.

Pinkie Pie has gone back and forth since day one between being one of the sweetest and most endearing ponies around, and being a complete and utter moron.  Season 4 has been especially hard on that latter bit for her.

I could go on, but I don't really have time.  It's true that Fluttershy has seemed to totally forget some of her lessons, but she has managed to keep a few of them as well.  But I think that's happened to all the characters to some extent over the course of the show, so I wouldn't single out Fluttershy for that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Oh my god, I loved to see the opening scene of this episode. I wish there were an episode where Spike accidentally called Twilight "mom". And then they can just stick with it. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished this episode (I know I'm way behind). OMG! That book literally sucked them in! I'm a massive reader and I loved it! I've always wanted to be a part of some of the books I've read and this episode was just perfect at it. I loved the message that everyone is important in their own way regardless of what you can and can't do. 

I felt bad for Spike. I can't wait to see how the castle turns out though. Super excited for that!

• 5 weeks later...

Interesting trivia note: Netflix just got Season 4 in, which is cool. But I couldn't help but notice they got the title of this episode wrong. They have it listed as "Super Ponies". I thought at first there might have been some sort of copyright issue and the studio might have needed to redub the episode, but the stream still has "Power Ponies" as the title and the characters. So, Netflix just plain has it wrong. :)

Wouldn't be the first time, I'm sure.

• 2 weeks later...